Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Level 80 Prot Paladin Madness

Hiya,

A friend of mine tried to kill a blood elf Paladin who was trying to attack Ironforge earlier this evening, and the numbers seem rather surprising - I'm curious as to how the following was possible.

The paladin was lvl 80, Protection spec.
    The shaman was a lowish-geared lvl 90 Elemental shaman with about 370k health. She's not a PvPer at all, but I'd have still expected her to win this fight.

From the shaman's Skada, the following was logged (names removed because I don't want to cause trouble, just would like to understand what happened and how):

Shaman dies.
    -0.37: Shield of the Righteous -242.2k (0.0%)
    -0.47: Attack -21.7k (28.3%)
    -0.77: Hammer of the Righteous -19.3k (28.3%)
    -0.77: Hammer of the Righteous -4.4k (33.7%)
    -1.93: Attack -23.6k (41.5%)
    -1.93: Judgment -184.0k (41.5%)
    -3.33: Attack -24.9k (100%)

.. that's 520.1k in 3.33secs, or about 156k DPS.

If it helps, I looked the paladin up on the armory - he's got as many ilvl 409 items as he could get his hands on, regardless of stats (there's some cloth, some leather, some mail, some plate, some healer plate). He's listed as having about 105k HP and almost 4500 AP.

Anyone shed some light?

Cheers.

2492 mastery for avoidance cap. + Vengeance bug against higher level., giving them insane high amount of AP.

80 prot paladins can solo ICC bosses atm.

Go google invincible 80 paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was he attacking IF NPCs, like one of the bosses? If he was, he got all his vengeance from them when your friend came by, and currently, level 80 mastery scaling is stupid broken, such that he can survive level 93 bosses - which would give him tons of vengeance and your friend ate all of that.

Wow, explains a lot, thanks! Does this just happen at lvl 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Wow, explains a lot, thanks! Does this just happen at lvl 80?
    Yeah once you start leveling past 80 the stats scale better.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    2492 mastery for avoidance cap. + Vengeance bug against higher level., giving them insane high amount of AP.

80 prot paladins can solo ICC bosses atm.

Go google invincible 80 paladin.
    Not just ICC, there is a thread floating around of a pally that soloed the stone guard in msv.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Not just ICC, there is a thread floating around of a pally that soloed the stone guard in msv.
    What.

Link please.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Helai;19725437]What.

Link please.[/QUOTE

It's in general discussion thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gu-shan-Vaults

Essentially the vengeance buff calculation is a bit Wacko Jacko at low lvls when taking damage from content above what blizzard expected you to be doing, giving you millions of AP. Apply sacred shield and gg. Quite funny really.

Expect nerfs!
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-01-07 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either people are using the wrong term or I'm misunderstanding. People keep going on about the "Avoidance cap" and then relate that to mastery. Sorry what? You know it's a 2 tier system now so for an Avoidance Cap your parry + dodge + 5 must be 102.4% for a boss level target.

If 2492 mastery grants 100% block (which I don't think it does) that's still not avoidance, and if it gives you 100% SHOTR reduction, it's still not avoidance. I don't keep up on twinking non max leveled characters so whats the deal with this, am I misunderstanding a term or is a term being abused by those who don't understand the 2 roll system?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Either people are using the wrong term or I'm misunderstanding. People keep going on about the "Avoidance cap" and then relate that to mastery. Sorry what? You know it's a 2 tier system now so for an Avoidance Cap your parry + dodge + 5 must be 102.4% for a boss level target.

If 2492 mastery grants 100% block (which I don't think it does) that's still not avoidance, and if it gives you 100% SHOTR reduction, its still not avoidance. I don't keep up on twinking non max leveled characters so whats the deal with this, am I misunderstanding a term or is a term being abused by those who don't understand the 2 roll system?
    Second option imo.
    Though people interchanging the terms avoidance and mitigation has been happening for a number of expansions.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=rawhammer;19725933]
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    What.

Link please.[/QUOTE

It's in general discussion thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gu-shan-Vaults

Essentially the vengeance buff calculation is a bit Wacko Jacko at low lvls when taking damage from content above what blizzard expected you to be doing, giving you millions of AP. Apply sacred shield and gg. Quite funny really.

Expect nerfs!
    What.
    The.
    Fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Wow, my sentiments exactly.

The 'fix' to this shouldn't affect people at 90 doing end-game content, though (I hope).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    I am surprised to hear that vengeance affected another player - I thought Blizzard had disabled that. Have they only switched it off in BGs and arena, rather than every instance of targeting a player?

Deleted
    theres a video of him getting feng down to 18% and its quite impressive. if hed timed his shield right it woulda been a kill.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I am surprised to hear that vengeance affected another player - I thought Blizzard had disabled that. Have they only switched it off in BGs and arena, rather than every instance of targeting a player?
    the way i understand it is that other players cannot cause vengeance to stack. but if hes being hit by guards/faction bosses etc then he will have a vengeance stack which is a straight AP buff and effects any damage he does

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Wow, my sentiments exactly.

The 'fix' to this shouldn't affect people at 90 doing end-game content, though (I hope).
    He also got Feng down to 18%

I am so twinking a Paladin.

Deleted
    We have been considering for a long time me leveling a 80 prot paladin for progression purposes in heroic mode, insane on sha and empress, though did not really feel like exploiting so chose not to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    We have been considering for a long time me leveling a 80 prot paladin for progression purposes in heroic mode, insane on sha and empress, though did not really feel like exploiting so chose not to.
    It's not an exploit if Blizzard still haven't bothered to fix it - clever use of ingame mechanics

Deleted
    It's not an exploit if Blizzard still haven't bothered to fix it - clever use of ingame mechanics
    You get higher vengeance levels then intended, there is not justification, it is an exploit, not clever use.

The simple difference:

Using a bug in the vengeance calculation script to get several thousand times higher vengeance levels than intended - Exploit
    Using cooldowns and standing in shit to increase your vengeance - Clever use of game mechanics

Also GC have stated that it is not intended and will be fixed soon.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-01-07 at 02:35 PM.

Should have probably opened on him with spells instead of attacks.

The easiest way to break this exploit is to cap vengeance to X% of your health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Should have probably opened on him with spells instead of attacks.

The easiest way to break this exploit is to cap vengeance to X% of your health.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hanges-are-odd