Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For you? Maybe. On a whole? Maybe. For me? No. That's all that matters to me. I'm having trouble with relaxing and playing atm, but my interest in the game is the same.

This game will always have plenty of enthusiastic fans, so I'm not worried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They sure do love that TBC transmog gear! Most players I see in game are all sporting TBC epic looks, hell, even the 5 man normal / heroic dungeons had sweet looking graphics. Now all you see is generic graphics on all the gear in normal / heroic dungeons. Its like they dont even try to be creative anymore in their "casual" group content.
    Yeah, gear farming for transmogrification and TBC when it started are two same things...

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    there are three kinds of people in life. people who make things happens, people who want to make things happen but don't do anything about it, and people that wonder what the fuck just happened.

make the most out of what you are given, and know, afterall, it is WoW, the best game ever. so just suck it up and enjoy the shit out of it. or go play guild wars 2 and suck at life
    Hey there buddy, your crazy is showing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Content is now less varied, and comes out slower than before, and they call major content patches (5.1) content. Not much content there if you ask me.
    Content is hardly slower then before. You must not have been around when patches would introduce no new content. 5.1 was a major content patch because it added a large amount of content. Just because it is a daily hub doesn't stop it from being content. And your friends frankly at silly. Every game is a hamster wheel. Every game keeps giving you something so you keep playing it. WoW, Aion, Rift, ToR, EvE, etc they all offer you the same stuff in a new package. That is if you want to boil it down to the most primal level, as the package is what makes the stuff different.

The population always spikes during an expansion release and evens out, so server status really isn't an indicator of anything. Enthusiasm isn't dwindling people just stop playing and to justify their previous investment must look for a way to insult the game they stopped playing. Instead of you know being an adult about it and simply stop playing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Hated Outlands? It's the only expansion continent Blizzard has made that had diverse and interesting terrains. Sure geographically it made no sense but when has it ever in WoW?
    I like Outland and i think the same thing. I also didn't know why they hated it, but they said that Outland is stupid and that it don't belong to WoW.

[/QUOTE]It takes some serious balls from a Vanilla raider to call TBC raiding boring.[/QUOTE]

Again, that isn't my opinion. I loved TBC raids (aside from Hyjal Summit), but many players quitted because they hated them. We had real problems at the end of BT patch, half of our guild was forever gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to feel the anticipation I felt when the Sunwell patch came out. Even half of my anticipation for the Ulduar patch.Every patch before Icecrown was so much excitement. I still get excited over expansions but the last time I was wanting to dive into a patch was the ICC one
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

there is "nothing else to do to keep them busy."
    There's still tons of things to do: Raids, heroics, BGs, arenas, leveling professions & acquiring recipes, achievements, reputations, gather mounts and pets, create an alt to see the game with another perspective, etc...

the game is a hamster wheelhouse. In other words, they say that Blizzard keeps churning out content that is the "same as before."
    Isn't that a good thing? If devs keep adding content and features (even old dungeons no more ran that were really cool) it means there's still players. It's done to keep them busy by having constant challenge. I disagree on the content being less varied and coming out slower. In my point of view, it comes even faster than before. 2 months after the expantion release, we already had 3 raid dungeons and we'll soon get a 4th. I don't remember getting so much content that fast.

Of course most people left the game. It has 8 years now and the first players should be 24-30, they now have a great job, girlfriend/wife and maybe kids. There isn't much time left to play so they decide to leave.
    @Twinsting Nether EU
    Sokatsui, Retsuhana, Kutohitsugî, Skaoi, Goshintai, Ahres, Palhaço, Shikeishuu, Dorã, Koitika, Noslen, Ahtramedes.

@Ravencrest EU
    Retsuhana

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I almost wanted to response.... but then i noticed that it's one of the Jaylock's threads.
    But you did "response" to him by making that comment, although it's completely irrelevant to this thread.

From my own personal experiences, it seems like many people I know who play WoW, or have played WoW just say the game is a hamster wheelhouse. In other words, they say that Blizzard keeps churning out content that is the "same as before." Also it seems like the people in the guild only raid because there is "nothing else to do to keep them busy."

Nothing else to do to keep them busy? Yet this expansion has arguably more to do than any other expansion start with the exception of TBC. People call it burn out.

Content is now less varied, and comes out slower than before, and they call major content patches (5.1) content. Not much content there if you ask me.

Also another piece of evidence: Have you seen the server status lately when looking at sever lists? Most of the full servers are now medium to high, all the high servers are now low or medium, and medium servers are now low to non existant pops at peak times.

Whats the deal? Is enthusiasm for the game in general just dwindling?
    Obviously people you know who play WoW = The whole WoW playerbase. Thanks for being our spokesman because obviously all our enthusiasm is waning.

10+ Year Old Account
    My enthusiasm has dwindled a little, but I still love it. Pandaria is my favorite continent in the game.

The content for wow used to be developed out of the passion that the dev's had for the game and their additions / expansions to the game reflected that. Now time's have changed, there is a status quo to meet and so the development has become formulaic. The dev's are simply going through the motions , plotting out changes or additions to the game based on statistics , graphs, and public outcry instead of what would genuinely make a better gaming experience. Hence why this game is 90% dailies and waiting in a que for loot to be handed to you.

For me, that is a shallow gaming experience that I wont bother wasting time on.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Two words: Hellfire Peninsula. Please, tell me how that was interesting! (Hint: It wasn't!)
    So an entire continent of varied snow (Northrend) and an entire continent of varied forests (Pandaria) are more interesting than 6 distinctly different themed areas?

Do you also think eating glue for dessert is yummy?

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Again, that isn't my opinion. I loved TBC raids (aside from Hyjal Summit), but many players quitted because they hated them. We had real problems at the end of BT patch, half of our guild was forever gone.
    I apologize. I though your post was all your personal opinion, my mistake. But my opinion of your guildies statements hasn't changed.
    Last edited by Fagatronics; 2013-01-07 at 07:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

I have been playing since the game started. I played hardcore for vanilla and BC. My first "quit" came near the end of BC then I rejoined for wotlk and quit again in 6 months. Came back for Cata quit in about 4 months. Came back for Panda and feel the urge to quit again. It is generally a very very boring game and this is understandable after being great for so long. Habit and online pals keeps most people playing not the content.

Ni No Kuni is coming out soon and Path of Exile so I just don't see wanting to play WoW at all after those come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    The content for wow used to be developed out of the passion that the dev's had for the game and their additions / expansions to the game reflected that. Now time's have changed, there is a status quo to meet and so the development has become formulaic. The dev's are simply going through the motions , plotting out changes or additions to the game based on statistics , graphs, and public outcry instead of what would genuinely make a better gaming experience. Hence why this game is 90% dailies and waiting in a que for loot to be handed to you.

For me, that is a shallow gaming experience that I wont bother wasting time on.
    How do you know that
    A) they were passionate in the first place?
    B) not passionate now?

Blizzard is just another company.

And if Blizzard ruined WOW the last few years, why haven't the tons of WOW clones that were based off of the older WOW not taken off?
    Last edited by dryankem; 2013-01-07 at 07:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So an entire continent of varied snow (Northrend) and an entire continent of varied forests (Pandaria) are more interesting than 6 distinctly different themed areas?

Do you also think eating glue for dessert is yummy?
    Northrend wasn't all snow, if you believe that then you never set foot in each zone. Just as pandaria isn't all a forest. There is an entire zone that isn't a forest at all and has very few tree's. Every zone for WotLK, Cata, and MoP have distinct themes. To say otherwise is to be willfully ignorant for no other reason then to be ignorant.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Personally I've quit. AlisonPrime had it right, MoP has an incredibly intimidating alt progression path... and seeing that having/gearing/playing alts was a huge reason I played this game I found myself with nothing to do. I've also lost some interest with account-wide achievements/mounts. Made my alts feel less unique, like they were no longer themselves but an extension of my main.

As for anyone else besides myself? A few friends quit, but a few friends are still playing.

Deleted
    I apologize. I though your post was all your personal opinion, my mistake. But my opinion of your guildies statements hasn't changed.
    Yeah, i also strongly dissagree with them. One of our tanks even said that Molten Core was better than Black Temple, i can't understand how can someone say something like this, but it was his opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "Distinctly themed" does not mean they are interesting. Hellfire and Blade's Edge can be removed from the game entirely for me, that's how awful I find them and that's my opinion, something I am fully entitled to.
    Oh especially Blade's Edge, that's probably my least favourite zone in WOW.

Why another one of these threads? There are like 100 daily. Look at the numbers. Anything that pertains to this game is dwindling. Its not even a question at this point. The only reason this game is still around is because other game companies can't pull their heads outa their butts and create the next gen MMO, so what we are left with is WoW, where 100's, if not 1000's of hours are already invested. The plea for something new and better is out there, its just up to these multi-million dollar morons to create something.