Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Oh especially Blade's Edge, that's probably my least favourite zone in WOW.
    Oh, come on, look at the sky there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Oh, come on, look at the sky there.
    But those stupid spikes everywhere. What a pain in the arse.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i guess if you want a straight, short and simple answer yes?

a more detailed answer and i would say that wow probably reached its peak but will still continue to generate revenue for a long time and is in no way "dying". is the population down? of course it is, it lost what 2 million subscribers in Cata? they said the number was back over 10 million with MoP launch which is to be expected but i doubt very seriously youll ever see WoW go above the 12 million threshold and stay there for as long as it did before.

the real question however is, what difference does it make? if youre playing, and having a good time what does it matter if theres 50 people playing or 50 million? im currently playing swtor and id be surprised if theres more than 500,000 people playing that game. the only time you should be concerned about how many people are playing is if the company is on the verge of shutting the servers down because its costing them more money to run them than theyre currently making off of keeping them on. you wont have to worry about that in WoW for a very long time.

How do you know that
    A) they were passionate in the first place?
    B) not passionate now?

Blizzard is just another company.

And if Blizzard ruined WOW the last few years, why haven't the tons of WOW clones that were based off of the older WOW not taken off?
    I didn't say that anywhere in my post. I simply said the way they developed the game has drastically changed and I am not the type of gamer that is interested in what they are doing with the game.

Deleted
    But those stupid spikes everywhere. What a pain in the arse.
    I actually liked these spikes first time i got there. I was trying to get to the edge of one and i fell down, i had to ress at Spirit Healer, then some Aliance scrab-nab rogue appeared and reskilled me with sickness... since then, i hate these spikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    All servers experience a drop in population after a patch starts getting old. Happens all the time. People get happy with their full Normal clear and unsub until the next raid patch.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    I didn't say that anywhere in my post. I simply said the way they developed the game has drastically changed and I am not the type of gamer that is interested in what they are doing with the game.
    No you didn't say that in your post, that's true. But clearly this is what people enjoy, otherwise blizz would do something else or another game based off older versions of WOW would take off.

I don't love all aspects of WOW, I don't mind doing some dailies but MOP had way too many (although I didn't kill myself like a lot of people did and then bitched about it). Wish the 5 mans had a little more challenge and wish there was some VP gear that wasn't tied to reps (consider it poor mans VP gear), but I'm still enjoying myself despite a few minor beefs (dislike druid's mushrooms as well). And if I enjoy the game I'll play, when I'm not I'll do something else.

We don't know the level of passion at blizzard, we don't know what's in the pipe or what isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server pop has pretty much always been medium as long as I can remember from early TBC. I will say this though; Ever since faction change came out the server has become extremely horde dominant. My enthusiasm for the game has gone up and down but I've always preferred it over other MMOs. I'm mostly enjoying myself right now as well. Also Jaylock you sure do you love creating all these wow negativity threads o.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Personally I've quit. AlisonPrime had it right, MoP has an incredibly intimidating alt progression path.
    This is dead on. One of the most disappointing things about MoP for me is that alts are out of reach for casual players. Honestly I don't think ive capped valor on my main more then 2 or 3 times before Monday evening. I have never taken advantage of the 50% extra valor you get on your alts because ive never had enough playtime in a week to do so. This is a big change from CAT and WOTLK where I had plenty of time to play and enjoy my alts, after getting my daily frost badge or capping valor on my main.

No you didn't say that in your post, that's true. But clearly this is what people enjoy, otherwise blizz would do something else or another game based off older versions of WOW would take off.

I don't love all aspects of WOW, I don't mind doing some dailies but MOP had way too many (although I didn't kill myself like a lot of people did and then bitched about it). Wish the 5 mans had a little more challenge and wish there was some VP gear that wasn't tied to reps (consider it poor mans VP gear), but I'm still enjoying myself despite a few minor beefs (dislike druid's mushrooms as well). And if I enjoy the game I'll play, when I'm not I'll do something else.

We don't know the level of passion at blizzard, we don't know what's in the pipe or what isn't.
    If a game developer is willing to sacrifice the integrity of the game in order to , on some level, become more appealing as a means to increase profits...then it becomes fairly obvious they are not developing the game out of passion.

If you really need me to provide multiple examples of this in wow then I will, despite how obvious those things should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server, which has been on life support for the last 2 or more years, finally died.

I don't blame MoP for it though, i've been enjoying whatever i could experience so far, my realm just wont allow me to fully experience the entire expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Northrend wasn't all snow, if you believe that then you never set foot in each zone. Just as pandaria isn't all a forest. There is an entire zone that isn't a forest at all and has very few tree's. Every zone for WotLK, Cata, and MoP have distinct themes. To say otherwise is to be willfully ignorant for no other reason then to be ignorant.
    Maybe Sholozar Basin didn't have snow? That's all I can think of from Wrath. I dont even know how this can be an arguement. Saying Northrend wasn't completely covered in snow seems more ignorant to me.

Cata didn't have a new continent as I prefaced beforehand. Porting from Org/SW doesn't exactly immerse you in the new areas either.

Pandaria is pretty because of an upgraded engine but still it's essentially trees. Different colored trees but trees non the less except for Kun-Lai summit which is more snow... Yay for snow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    If a game developer is willing to sacrifice the integrity of the game in order to , on some level, become more appealing as a means to increase profits...then it becomes fairly obvious they are not developing the game out of passion.

If you really need me to provide multiple examples of this in wow then I will, despite how obvious those things should be.
    They are in it to make money. Every game company is in it to make money or they can no longer make games. Having fun is secondary.

I'd like to see one company that isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Maybe Sholozar Basin didn't have snow? That's all I can think of from Wrath. I dont even know how this can be an arguement. Saying Northrend wasn't completely covered in snow seems more ignorant to me.
    Borean Tundra had scattered pockets of snow, but not very much overall.
    Most of Howling Fjord had no snow.
    Only a single small mountain/large hill in Grizzly Hills had snow.
    Only the upper half of Zul'drak had any snow.
    Sholazar had essentially no snow at all, other than that one spot where Icecrown's wall collapsed into it.
    Dragonblight, Icecrown, Wintergrasp, and Storm Peaks were almost entirely covered in snow.

That's four out of nine zones covered in snow, with all but one of the rest having only small amounts of it.

EDIT: Apparently Crystalsong Forest is quite forgettable. I believe around half of that zone is covered in snow as well.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2013-01-07 at 08:26 PM.

They are in it to make money. Every game company is in it to make money or they can no longer make games. Having fun is secondary.

Some people make a living doing what they love.

Some people make a living doing business.

I won't bother listing off the names of game developers that stand in direct contrast to the ignorance I just quoted because there are too many to list without this post just looking like a brick wall.
    Last edited by Lomak; 2013-01-07 at 08:26 PM.

Valve.

/10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I almost wanted to response.... but then i noticed that it's one of the Jaylock's threads.
    yep excactly this signed with all 10chars....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Borean Tundra had scattered pockets of snow, but not very much overall.
    Most of Howling Fjord had no snow.
    Only a single small mountain/large hill in Grizzly Hills had snow.
    Only the upper half of Zul'drak had any snow.
    Sholazar had essentially no snow at all, other than that one spot where Icecrown's wall collapsed into it.
    Dragonblight, Icecrown, Wintergrasp, and Storm Peaks were almost entirely covered in snow.

That's four out of nine zones covered in snow, with all but one of the rest having only small amounts of it.
    But they all had Snow. Its a northern continent hence: Snow. More than half the continent has snow, but even so, I like some of the varied snow zones.

Still.. TBC has the most varied landscapes of any WoW expansion. Plus to those arguing that "herpa derp outland doesnt even flow well or make sense zone wise": Its a frickin shattered world that was almost destroyed. It was a bunch of land blown up and rigged back together by energies of the twisting nether.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yep excactly this signed with all 10chars....
    Im glad ppl are still getting away with the: "oh another jaylock thread" bull crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Valve.
    That joke made my day....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But they all had Snow. Its a northern continent hence: Snow. More than half the continent has snow, but even so, I like some of the varied snow zones.
    I think saying around half the continent was covered in snow is fairly accurate. Saying the entire continent was covered in it isn't.