Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

concerned about 5.2 LFR population

Blizzard announced that people who regularly raid normal or heroic raids will not need to run the new LFR raids, because the gear it drops is not comparable to 5.0 normal and heroic raid gear.

this gives me the concern that a pretty huge chunk of players that currently run LFR, namely the raiders, will have no use for the new LFR, and thus will not run it. this could increase queue times for the rest of us.

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Blizzard announced that people who regularly raid normal or heroic raids will not need to run the new LFR raids, because the gear it drops is not comparable to 5.0 normal and heroic raid gear.

this gives me the concern that a pretty huge chunk of players that currently run LFR, namely the raiders, will have no use for the new LFR, and thus will not run it. this could increase queue times for the rest of us.

thoughts?
    If the new tier bonus is worth it, they will run it just so they have a chance to earn their tier bonuses earlier.

Are these people running LFR now? I know I stopped as soon as I finished with my sigils. I doubt I'll be in the 5.2 LFR much unless there is another collection quest for the legendary chain.

The queue times for 5.0 LFR are already significantly longer than they were on launch, and they'll keep getting longer. At some point only the people it was intended for will be running it, which makes the queue times really long and increases the time it takes to finish, because there won't be as many/any raiders with the knowledge and gear to carry the people who have no idea what they're doing.
    Unless the trinkets/set bonuses/legendary quest from 5.2 LFR are really good, I won't be running it on my main, and I don't have the time for alts anymore.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    100 000 HM raiders
    500 000 normal mode raiders
    over 2 million in LFR

..and of the normal raiders I expect to still see loads in LFR for that missing item, VPs (legendary) quest items or shit and giggles.
    This seems pretty much how it is.

I still do LFR as heals just for the easy VP. Yet I fall in the HM raider catagory. Even if not for gear, LFR still serves a valid purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Besides, they have updated models, updated abilities, and are in completely different locations. Really the only thing psyically the same is their names, so if you don't care for plotlines whats it matter who the dragons are? They're just meaningless loot bags to you.
    Shaman Armory
    Mage Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Add onto that the 486 ilevel requirement for the new LFR and yeh queue times are going to be ridiculous. But if theres a significant problem then lots of people will complain and it will hopefully get fixed.

Getting raiders in to carry the clueless...not a good premise. Maybe then finally people will go and look up "tactics". Maybe they won't. maybe there won't be raiders to carry them. Maybe then LFRaid would die.

Would it be so bad if something dies when REALLY it is like you described? Clueless many who refuse to learn carried by some? Then again maybe LFraid population isn't as bad as ppl on MMO-C want us to believe...
    It won't die, Blizzard is gonna nerf it so it can be done by the people LFR is intended for.(those who are not good enough to do normal/heroic, or those who just don't have the time) There are some good players who just don't have the time to raid normal/heroic who do LFR and do a part of the carrying, but the average LFR player isn't very good at the game.
    This could be seen as me bashing LFR "raiders", but that's a mix of my experience with LFR and what Blizz has said they want LFR to be.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I haven't needed gear from LFR in a long time and I still run it. Primarily for VP, but sometimes I'm bored and want to try out Windwalker DPS in a raiding environment.

Also if Blizzard implement something like the Sigils for the 5.2 part of the Legendary questline, then there you go. Reason to go to LFR. Oh, and don't forget tier set bonuses.

In short, there's still going to be plenty of reason for people to run LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Add onto that the 486 ilevel requirement for the new LFR and yeh queue times are going to be ridiculous. But if theres a significant problem then lots of people will complain and it will hopefully get fixed.
    486 wont make it live...maybe 480.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a social member in a raiding guild and even though everyone in my guild who raids already has heroic gear and has zero use for lfr items, they still do lfr for capping vpts. Apparently you don't get enough vpts to cap them just by clearing the raid instances available. So I have no doubt they and a lot people like them will continue doing lfr once new patch comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post

thoughts?
    I run LFR to Valor cap because it's more fun than 5 mans

Deleted
    Then again maybe LFraid population isn't as bad as ppl on MMO-C want us to believe...
    What do you mean? Any time anyone says anything remotely negative about LFR they get bashed, kicked and burried.

I actually wonder if it won't even be 746 - you know...complete LFR gear with no obligation of having run a normal or obtained gear from dailies. But honestly: Blizzard will know what ilv the majority of ppl has who initially ran LFR 5.0 and it will reflect that. Hell...the only req could actually be "have completed LFR 5.0"
    I'm expecting 480 and 485 for the last two. MAYBE 475 / 480.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrov View Post
    What do you mean? Any time anyone says anything remotely negative about LFR they get bashed, kicked and burried.
    You mean any time anyone says anything positive, right? If someone ever says anything positive about lfr, they are automatically considered a scrub noob casual, that's the impression I got from reading these forums so far. Only ''I am so leet, lfr bosses die when I they see my leet gear and skillz'' comments are actually ok

Deleted
    i probally only will run the new raid LFR for the following things.

if 2p or 4p are really awesome
    if it drops really strong trinkets
    or if i lack some VP
    on my alts.

same things why i run LFR nowadays which currently means i only do LFR ToES for the gun drop.

Deleted
    LFR is already suffering, queues are terrible these days. The lack of healers queuing up is a huge contribution to this.

It will work out in some way, if the queue-times get very long, people will complain and Blizz will add some incentive for more people to do LFR (Improve VP-gain or something, to make it the most optimal way to get VPs), it's a pretty big draw for the huge lot of casual players, so Blizz won't just let it curl up and die...

Raiders will still run it, especially near the start of the week if they want to cap VP early to get an item they are close to before raids start. Raiders will also run it near the end of the lockout period if they are short on VP and need to cap for the week. As long as there is a reason for raiders to want to cap VP, it will be run quite a bit.

Deleted
    Well about f***ng time proper raiders are not forced to queue into the hellpit called "LFR"...

Deleted
    I will do LFR a couple of times to see the boss fights before entering with my guild but that's it. Unfortunately i dont enjoy pugs and nowadays LFR crowded with people afk'ing, autoattacking only and what not. I have done my share of carrying people trhough LFR, i dont think i will do this in 5.2