Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Duping is back: Darkmoon Trinkets.

So, today i stumbled upon an interesting fellow: he spammed trade chat that hes selling every kind of DC Trinket, cheaper than AH!
    I thought to myself, nice deal, bought a few, didn't think too much. But he keeped spamming, and selling...then some Alarm bells rang off. Nobody could've hoarded the supplies for that much trinkets. I tried the following: i wanted to buy another Set of Trinkets, but wanted them even several K Gold cheaper. He didnt even think ONE SECOND but instantly replied: "ok." "np." and so on.

So i stalked his armory, and got this Activity Feed: http://imgur.com/YBMxR

The last 50 Entries are Trinkets. Yesterday afternoon, he was at around twenty. It's 5 AM now.

Let the Witch Hunt commence.

Deleted
    I really need the trinket for my hunter.. Wish they were duping on my server

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap in a hat Batman.

Maybe he just had a lot of herbs and made a few decks

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Maybe he just had a lot of herbs and made a few decks
    As in over a hundred? In the middle of the night?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    My friend farmed a shitload of herbs, sold inks and then made their price drop by undercutting, spent the money on the inks which he had made earlier, resulted with like 60 or so trinkets, I assume other people could have done the same too. Oh and yes, he had several inscriptioners and bought all cd's possible, and of course, bought/traded the cards he was missing.

The first part took like a month or so, maybe more.

15+ Year Old Account
    While a little extreme, it's really not hard to come by that many decks legitimately if you have a large gold stockpile to work with. You can easily buy the individual cards and assemble decks for half the cost of the trinket during the weeks between faires and then cash in a bunch of them when it hits. Not to mention simply having several alts with inscription and making a ton of cards each day. Also when you have that many trinkets to unload you tend to sell them cheaper as you don't want to be stuck with a lot of stock when the price really tanks later.

maybe he bought up all the cards on the ah and put it all together.
    do what you feel.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    most i made wa slike 30 decks once farmed all my herbs then bought single cards and traded....but im pritty sure there is a dupe out there all ya have to do is nose a bit youll find info on it idk how well it works and im pritty sure itll consume a scroll but people whove hoarded scrolls will have tons thats about all i know atm and to get it to work if you trade a "pre dupe" item it apparently DCs people so theyre getting 1 card per DC

edit: went to have my look see and apparently blizz has already caught on and is banning people

apparently something happend a guy left a group and went public with it 3 days ago his "firend" from said group hacked him now hes gunna post every hting he has...so buckle down we might see more then just DMCs
    Last edited by Obby; 2013-01-08 at 06:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

There's a girl in my guild. All she does is play the AH. She has multiple accounts, and seriously has over 10 characters that are all scribes. I remember logging in one day, to see that she had crafted about 15 complete decks. She claims to be gold capped on 3 toons, and given how much I see her things listed on the AH, I see no reason not to believe her claims.

'Could' be that your situation might involve duping, but there are some people that can do this legitimately.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    I can confirm that a duping method involving a bugged herb was around for the previous week.
    I can also confirm that Blizzard swiftly began taking action yesterday (US) and completed the (perma) bans today (EU).
    So you need not worry any longer, at least with respect to this specific duping method.
    I also heard, however, that some accounts' auctions remained up even after the bans; dunno whether they will eventually be removed or whether they re up for grabs.

Anyways, thats my 0.02

Quote Originally Posted by FiL134 View Post
    I can confirm that a duping method involving a bugged herb was around for the previous week.
    I can also confirm that Blizzard swiftly began taking action yesterday (US) and completed the (perma) bans today (EU).
    So you need not worry any longer, at least with respect to this specific duping method.
    I also heard, however, that some accounts' auctions remained up even after the bans; dunno whether they will eventually be removed or whether they re up for grabs.

Anyways, thats my 0.02
    Thanks for the info! He crafted another Batch (at least 50+) three hours ago...so let's see if he gets taken out before he can unload those on the market again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Duping has been back for a while, does anyone not see the Blood Spirit's selling?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -KeenaM- View Post
    Duping has been back for a while, does anyone not see the Blood Spirit's selling?
    this is an entierly different one not all dupes work with every item in game

Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Thanks for the info! He crafted another Batch (at least 50+) three hours ago...so let's see if he gets taken out before he can unload those on the market again.

its been fixed he may have dodged the ban wave tomorras restart will tell he coulda had some left over or did it last second if he has them ont he ah n gets baned they might stay there n not be removed as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    If you suspect him then report him and let blizz deal with it.

Deleted
    It's a dupe yes, been around for a while but as far as I'm aware a banwave came his morning and the dupe was fixed.

Deleted
    I can confirm the dupe exist. I made @ 3 decks last night before the hotfix. Now I'm praying to the lord I will avoid the perma ban wave ( so far, the first part already began (
    Also a side note : transferring the character that made the dupe, will still get it banned and the account.
    -the guild banks used for deposit will get deleted / reverted and the account banned
    -the character used for the gold deposit will get banned.
    SO in the end, you either made a some nice bucks selling wow gold, or you lost everything.

Dupe is real and people are getting banned for it. Would be cool if they worked so fast on Bots and other exploits, like the Ragnaros mount 100% drop.

Deleted
    The ragnaros 100% mount drop was a mistake from their end, and only a few people actually got lucky to get it that easy....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Dupe is real and people are getting banned for it. Would be cool if they worked so fast on Bots and other exploits, like the Ragnaros mount 100% drop.
    They won't break bots. They will ban bots, but never break it. They make far too much money off bots to outright break them.