Please add a PvP caster sword

Since we're not getting dagger->sword transmogs in 5.2, I'd love to see a conquest caster sword. Pretty simple request.

Melee and hunters have the option of taking whatever weapon they like the look of.

Casters are stuck with either a dagger, mace or staff.

For mages and locks, it's just dagger or staff.

There really should be a caster sword option. Just mirror the dagger's stats and use the melee sword's model. Would be transmogged anyway.

Seems like a minute's work at most.

I'm EU so I can't post on US forums. Seemed like the best place to request it.

Blizzard likes going out of it's way to "optimize" things in this game at the cost of player choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Melee doesn't necessarily have a choice if they wanna min-max. Humans for instance got mace/sword racial so axes goes out, but i see what you mean.

Personally i've always liked 1h swords, sucks that my rogue have to use a dagger in offhand now... and there are no nice mace skins for my priest so....

But does this mean i can use a sword xmog for my priest now then?

Anyway OP, there are tons of nice staff xmogs and if you really really want i sword i can give you this dagger xmog advice http://www.wowhead.com/item=35570#comments (looks like a sword)

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This would make human mages even better but I do want a sword model...

Deleted
    well transmog changes will allow pally for example to mog mace into sword

I too wish that Blizzard would make swords available as pvp weaps for casters. There are hardly any cool looking daggers in the game, most of them look pretty crappy, but there's a ton of swords with epic models I'd like for transmog.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz doesn't like giving you choices

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    well transmog changes will allow pally for example to mog mace into sword
    A ret can transmog his 2h sword into a 2h mace and vice versa.

A holydin can't transmog a 1h mace into a 1h sword.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    A ret can transmog his 2h sword into a 2h mace and vice versa.

A holydin can't transmog a 1h mace into a 1h sword.

they can. since for now a ret can't transmog hs 2h sword to 2h mace but in 5.2 he can. Same goes for 1h lol it isn't implented on the PTR yet but it's coming

As I've understood the new transmog rules - everything with smiliar swing animation is possible to be transmogged (Sword->mace->axe etc). So I guess you can take that caster mace and transmog it into a sword.
    The problem with dagger(And polearm) is that they got a "stabbing" animiation, while the other weapons got a "swing" animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yes, please give us a caster sword. I have a one I really want to use, the extra hit from being human wouldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    As I've understood the new transmog rules - everything with smiliar swing animation is possible to be transmogged (Sword->mace->axe etc). So I guess you can take that caster mace and transmog it into a sword.
    The problem with dagger(And polearm) is that they got a "stabbing" animiation, while the other weapons got a "swing" animation.
    Don't forget mages and warlocks. Neither can use maces.

In fact the only "caster" that could transmog 1h mace into a 1h sword is a holy paladin and I think mistweavers.
    Last edited by Tya; 2013-01-08 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of agree: the least they could do is allow 1h daggers to be transmogged into 1h- swords: PvE has a long history of dropping caster swords, seems a waste that PvPers can't benefit from some of these great models at all.

Don't forget mages and warlocks. Neither can use maces.

In fact the only "caster" that could transmog 1h mace into a 1h sword is a holy paladin.
    Yeah true, but cant priest, monks (I guess those are casters as healing? Never played one, and to be honest the only casted spell I see is that channeled one(from a pvp point of view)) and druids wield mace aswell?
    Maybe one time in the future when they decide to revamp the old vanilla models they'll fix something about dagger and polearm animations aswell.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Yeah true, but cant priest, monks (I guess those are casters as healing? Never played one, and to be honest the only casted spell I see is that channeled one(from a pvp point of view)) and druids wield mace aswell?
    Maybe one time in the future when they decide to revamp the old vanilla models they'll fix something about dagger and polearm animations aswell.
    They can but only monks can transmog that mace into anything useable.

They can but only monks can transmog that mace into anything useable.
    I thought all casters went for MH/OH insted of staff nowdays, for the extra enchant.
    But this isnt realy on topic anymore.

I dont understand why they dont have a spell power sword to be honest, havent preivous seasons had that? Never played a caster though (Only pala), so I may be wrong here.