(Resto) Challenge mode and haste

Hello all.

Forgive me if this has already been answered - I only just recently started doing Challenge Modes. Seems like a stupid question as well, but I just want to be 100% on this.
    As my gear scales down, do I need to reforge my haste in order to reach the haste breakpoint?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Hello all.

Forgive me if this has already been answered - I only just recently started doing Challenge Modes. Seems like a stupid question as well, but I just want to be 100% on this.
    As my gear scales down, do I need to reforge my haste in order to reach the haste breakpoint?

Thanks!
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

Just check your haste when you are in a challenge mode...
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Deleted
    If you are going for your haste cap, then yes you will need to reforge or swap gear pieces to hit it in challenge modes. (Unless you are geared like I was when we did silver runs and had no items above 463 :-D). Personally though after about 3 CM golds I gave up on keeping the haste cap and tried to maximise my mastery and spirit instead, as compared to raiding your hots are accounting for a lot less of your total healing, except lifebloom of course. Just my 2 cents, others may disagree with me.

Abandon haste in challenge modes. You won't need the cap as it is for Wild Growth and Swiftmend and they both total a very small portion of your healing.

Edit: The 3043 is actually for Tranquillity and near it is Rejuv. Neither of those are really useful either as the damage isn't constant in challenge modes but very spikey.
    Last edited by Alzu; 2013-01-08 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much spi did you guys run?

I haven't done them on a healer or a druid but with minimal drinking time I'm curious if you just left spi as is and reforged everything else to mastery, went all mastery, or stacked more spi.

Spirit is quite useless in CMs after a first few tries in an instance. I had 5000 (everything reforged out) spirit before entering Scarlet Halls CM and still managed to have enough mana. Sure I can't spam regrowth but it's not needed with proper control.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    How much spi did you guys run?

I haven't done them on a healer or a druid but with minimal drinking time I'm curious if you just left spi as is and reforged everything else to mastery, went all mastery, or stacked more spi.
    My healers rarely changed reforges for challenge modes, but when they did it was all into int/mastery. Spirit is kinda silly when you can drink to full every couple of minutes.

I found it helpful reforging to higher haste so that when it scaled down i got my 3043 breakpoint! I think i had to reforge to around 3600+ haste to get it, not entirely sure as I completed all my golds a while ago