Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    If the forums are to be believed, WoW has been dying since release. No seriously, it's been a shitstorm of complaints for 8 years now. Happy players are busy playing the game, not posting on the forums.
    Only the forums? Fan sites as well. This entire conversation thread could have been a 1:1 copy from the heart of the aspects, or the guardian mount, or the celestial steed, or any of the store pets. And no one would even notice. In sum:

WoW is dying. Blizzard are padding their pockets with this extra mount. (Extra point for showing your sarcasm by replacing the z's with $) No one will buy it. Everyone will buy it. I won't be special because everyone will buy it. It's too expensive. It's too cheap, only scrubs will get it. Blizzard gets enough money with subscription fees, they should give us free mounts every month. Be glad for what you get. They shouldn't create new content but fix the old one. It's ugly. It's nice. It's just cosmetic. It's [.....] .... ....

Mmmmm 25 bucks well spent.......NOT

This one looks rather silly. I'm not really comfortable spending RL-cash on mounts anyway, but this one... Wow. It would've been a lot cooler if they just removed the cloud and had it create shimmering solid tracks as if it was walking on a glass surface (if you can picture it). And it looks a little fat :P

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    You could argue that every pay service should be free, but if WoW didn't have extra mounts, and all of their expansions and services were free, we would definitely not be playing the same game right now.
    This is simply rubbish imo. You have no proof that all the proceeds from this and other digital purchase options from the blizzard store actually go towards developing more content, or upgrading servers, rather than into the pockets of the shareholders or ceo.

While I would love to think that the subscription fee I have paid for since vanilla goes solely towards wow development, the reality is that most of it goes towards Titan.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My reaction: yay. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    The developer you payed for to work on the game is taking time off to work on something you pay extra for, how is that not an issue? And as Blizzard claimed on multiple occasions that the main issue with slow content delivery is just lack of hire-able developers and especially artists it actually takes away resources from the main development.
    Oh please im paying blizzard to play wow, they develop it however they see fit since it's their f'ing game, if i don't like it i'll stop paying/playing

It amazes me how entitled some people feel for 15$

Why don't you take your 15 dolars a month and go rearange blizzards president office?? you're paying for it!!! you know what?? i think you should get to direct a movie or two, that is if you're paying netflix

btw i hate that thing, goat or whatever the hell it is

You're pretty much just asking why we should have to pay for anything, and why can't they just build it into the game for free, and thinking anyone who pays more than they should is being foolish.
    No I'm asking why we should pay extra, we're already paying.

On Blizzard's side, the money they make from these is like the subscription, it goes towards updates and maintenance, or else they would not be the massive company with a rep for good games the way that they are.
    Already said, half of what WoW brings in pays for all of Activision/Blizzard's development, so no, it doesn't go towards updates and maintenance, in fact it doesn't even go to more resources as Blizzard still after 8 years apparently struggles to find the right people to hire.

You could argue that every pay service should be free, but if WoW didn't have extra mounts, and all of their expansions and services were free, we would definitely not be playing the same game right now.
    Yes we would, and they would still make buckets of profit.

As for the rest, it's mostly apart of the "but they are a business" defense which to be quite blunt, a load of crap.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Oh please im paying blizzard to play wow, they develop it however they see fit since it's their f'ing game, if i don't like it i'll stop paying/playing
    Not payed for WoW for years by now, so I did just that, that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion nor discussion on the subject.

these mounts put players such as myself in a huge disadvantage when it comes to mount achievements.
    i currently have 141 mounts and haven't bought any blizzard store mounts.
    it's almost like you don't buy them you don't get your 150 mount achievement

10+ Year Old Account
    The developer you payed for to work on the game is taking time off to work on something you pay extra for, how is that not an issue? And as Blizzard claimed on multiple occasions that the main issue with slow content delivery is just lack of hire-able developers and especially artists it actually takes away resources from the main development.
    It's one tiny model. Basically a reskinned / pimped Talbuk. It's not like it takes months of manpower to create something like this.

As long as Blizzard doesn't sell player power and still provides us with nice things outside the cash shop, I'm perfectly fine with this.

@Mount: You are one hideous S.O.B. You won't get into my mount collection, but be warned: My huntress still needs exotic leather!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I would love to think that the subscription fee I have paid for since vanilla goes solely towards wow development, the reality is that most of it goes towards Titan.
    the reality is this titan thing has been tossed around on forums for at least 5 years. yet nothing has ever been talked about it, other than random claims it is the mysterious hole that all of blizzards profit/good ideas must go into cause if they went into wow itd be like a million times better... give me a break.

ot: none of the store mounts have been purchase worthy, id rather purchase mim's head for cash over anything on the store so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    ... the reality is that most of it goes towards Titan.
    You say that like it's a bad thing, and no, I don't doubt that the money goes toward other things like Starcraft II, Titan, and Diablo III. You're right, I don't have proof of where the money is going, but since Blizzard continues to be a good company and provides quality products so that the money is likely staying within the company, and there's not stories in the news of massive scandals where all the devs are fleeing the country, then it's perfectly fine, and players like me will occasionally continue to throw money at them for mounts and pets that we enjoy knowing that we're getting something awesome for it and that Blizzard will keep up its standards.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    And what is borked about it? I just saw one in Orgrimmar and it looked fine to me.
    you rock back and forth while it runs. that completely ruins any mount for me. talbuks have been doing it too, since MoP hit. and as i said, it was the death knight deathcharger that did it first.

You say that like it's a bad thing, and no, I don't doubt that the money goes toward other things like Starcraft II, Titan, and Diablo III. You're right, I don't have proof of where the money is going, but since Blizzard continues to be a good company and provides quality products so that the money is likely staying within the company, and there's not stories in the news of massive scandals where all the devs are fleeing the country, then it's perfectly fine, and players like me will occasionally continue to throw money at them for mounts and pets that we enjoy knowing that we're getting something awesome for it and that Blizzard will keep up its standards.
    Good company? You do realise that BLizzard has a story of actually listening to their players and designing games for the players. So why on earth did D3 not have at least optional servers that had no RMAH and you couldn't trade items other than in the group you ran with? Cause most players wanted that over forced RMAH.

So BLizzard has changed. Its no longer designing games for their gamers. WOW has been turned into a themepark game that has very little to do with solid and good RPG systems. The talent trees have been turned into a joke and the 90 lvls of leveling feels empty compared to the early characters where you got new stuff every level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have paid for every mount but the pony, but what the fuck is that? If that isn't the ugliest mount i have seen in wow its dam close.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    No I'm asking why we should pay extra, we're already paying.

Already said, half of what WoW brings in pays for all of Activision/Blizzard's development, so no, it doesn't go towards updates and maintenance, in fact it doesn't even go to more resources as Blizzard still after 8 years apparently struggles to find the right people to hire.

Yes we would, and they would still make buckets of profit.

As for the rest, it's mostly apart of the "but they are a business" defense which to be quite blunt, a load of crap.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:51 PM ----------

Not payed for WoW for years by now, so I did just that, that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion nor discussion on the subject.
    At this point I'm assuming you don't even know how a business is run. So far your argument for everything is that Blizzard should give everything away for free and that money just falls from the sky for everyone. I already answered your question on why they charge us extra, and your response is that it's "a load of crap" just because you think they're an evil corporation, so this is not even a discussion anymore. I'd love to know where then do you think this money is going, overseas? Of course Blizzard is pocketing some of that money, that's how they keep their employees happy in a garbage economy and give their long-time employees amazing gifts for X-years of service, and in turn we get a better game. You talk about them not being able to find the right staff - considering the team of SWTOR and FFXIV got fired shortly after launch because their game was generally thought of as a failure, it's a lot better to be looking for the right people rather than letting go of them all (granted I think Blizz had one set of layoffs last year, but I don't even remember the department).

And while the game still might be going and they still profit from all the monthly subscriptions, they would not be making buckets of profit and operate the same. You've clearly never played most of the other MMOs that are out there that are down to a handful of low population servers with horrible content and a lack of timely or interesting updates. Warcraft is and continues to be successful for a reason, as does Blizzard and all the other games they make. They don't announce release dates because they can take their time to make a quality product, unlike a majority of other games that have gone F2P purely to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    God awful goat/dragon cross breed abortion...
    That is the ugliest thing i've seen in wow
    It's a kirin (Japan) / qilin (China). Search in Google.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was nice back when we got stuff for doing in game events instead of paying extra.

I guess Blizzard needs another quick cash infusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It was nice back when we got stuff for doing in game events instead of paying extra.
    You're about 4 years late with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    It doesn't take much to notice that servers are getting empty again.
    To be fair, it takes "being on a server that's getting empty", and "being in a situation where you notice that".

I primarily play on two servers (one for alliance and one for horde). My alliance one remains packed as far as my experience -- the shrine is busy and the auction house has tons of stuff on it.

My horde one is a ghost town, but, I don't notice that when I'm leveling alts, because of dungeon finder and now CRZ. Both create the illusion that the server is busier than it truly is. I have to go to a major non-shared hub or look at the auction house to see how empty it has really gotten.

I personally do not spend much time in non-shared hubs or play the auction house much, so a lot of the time the difference between my two servers isn't very obvious. When I do eventually go to the ghost-town auction house, it's always a shock.