Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR - 5.0 Raids Loot chance increase for 5.2

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11122917687298

So thus the current ilvl to get in LFR via TK in PTR 5.2 is 486 meaning I don't see this changing simply because of the link I posted meaning for the lets say the majority you will have lots of gear to grind.

Anyway thoughts?

Blue update - ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Just wanted to share some updated info we have with you guys: At this moment our intent is to change Thunder King’s LFR ilvl requirement to 480,
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-01-11 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    More chance of actually getting my epic weapon and sha quest?
    I'm 496 or even 497 at this point, progressing heroics. With blue weapon cos nothing else showed up over past three months.
    Kinda fun delver of the vaults with this 471 crap still equipped. As pretty much most important gear piece, linked to all that wration crap handing out welfare DPS.

Welp this T14 weapon RNG is punishment for Ashes of Alar, Azure Drake and VOA mammoth all in one month, on just one toon doing them.

Sounds good for all my alts. Will make a ton of the player base happy.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the 5.0 requirement of 460/470 for LFR was already too high. 460 iLvL is basically decked out in mostly heroic blues from 5-mans, which is what the 4.0 NORMAL mode raids were tuned for people to get in and start downing bosses and getting 489/496 gear.

Then you have LFR, something that is often categorized as a cesspool of window-licking mouth-breathers since the target demographic are the casuals and baddies, with the random 'real' raider mingling with the unwashed masses because they want to help cap their VP or speed up completing their 2p/4p bonuses. Basically raiding on EZMODE!

So then why does the entry level LFR have essentially the same requirement to get into as the entry level normal modes? Why isn't the required iLvL 450, which would imply that you are at least wearing a full set of the crafted 450 blues (or better) and the 450 weapon from Arena of Annihilation (or better)?

But okay, so say I did my farming, I got my 460, then my 470, and I've farmed the shit out of HoF/ToES on LFR and I have 100% of my slots decked out with 483's.

That makes my iLvL a 483, which still isn't good enough to meet the 486 requirement for the new LFR.

Yes, I know, VP upgrades will get you there, but that also assumes you have 483 in every slot. RNG is RNG and how many of us go week after week with nothing but 28g 50s to show for their boss kills?)

Or, spend VP on the VP gear, which is also true, but as people like to toss out so frequently, "VP Gear is not required. You should raid for raid gear" so you can't assume that either.

So does it strike anyone else as odd how high the iLvL for LFR, aka casual ezmode free loot for queueing, seems to be, especially for 5.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good, I agree completely of the Progression model (do this tier first > Advance to the next > etc.) makeing it more of an ease and convient for returning players and alts is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    So does it strike anyone else as odd how high the iLvL for LFR, aka casual ezmode free loot for queueing, seems to be, especially for 5.2?
    There has to be some kind of linear progression. Most people shouldn't ding 90 and get right in to a raid, else they completely bypass the Heroics. Green -> Blue -> Purple.

The LFR requirement on the PTR is for testing. They'll have to make some adjustment so that you don't have to have visited any normal modes before it's released. They can't set the LFR bar higher than the LFR'ers can hit. Not on live.

Isn't this off topic? Edit: Tangent and mis read.

-

On topic, good news for alts.
    Last edited by omni; 2013-01-08 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    This progression model is so much better than any previous. Keep tiers relevant but ease transitions.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Why do people keep calling it "TK", Isn't the raid called Throne of Thunder?

That's just confusing.

I thought the 5.0 requirement of 460/470 for LFR was already too high. 460 iLvL is basically decked out in mostly heroic blues from 5-mans, which is what the 4.0 NORMAL mode raids were tuned for people to get in and start downing bosses and getting 489/496 gear.

I dinged on Friday night and I was easily 460 by Sunday afternoon. It's not like that is a massive gateway there, in fact it's now Wednesday and I'm already 465.

As for the 486 ilvl req... that is PTR, and is already addressed in a blue post as something liable to change.

Even if that does stay, they are upping the drop chance of 5.0 LFR epics in 5.2 so as long as you are decently geared now, you should be able to fill your last few spots and then use valor for Dominance Offensive 492s to easily get up your ilvl past 483. It's seriously not as hard as you make it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Sounds good, I agree completely of the Progression model (do this tier first > Advance to the next > etc.) makeing it more of an ease and convient for returning players and alts is nice.
    And I have no problem with that as a concept, just the target number they expect you to hit. Unless I'm missing something, the highest iLvL you can get out of HoF/ToES is 483. The new LFR requires 486? How the hell are you supposed to gain that, with the caveat that, if you believe half of the self-congratulating tripe spread across so many threads, people love to say how you don't need to do any dailies, buy any VP gear, or any crafted stuff off the AH, and you can get it all from heroics/LFR, and be at 470+ all within hours of dinging 90.

So, assuming all you do is LFR and heroics, the highest possible iLvL drop is 483, so for your avg iLvL to be 483, you basically need to have 100% of your slots to be filled with 483 and then upgrade them with VP at the MAX of 2 pieces every 3 weeks.

So farm the fuck out of casual ezmode LFR 5.0 before you can even get into casual ezmode LFR 5.2?

Am I missing something amidst all of the hyperbole bullshit from other threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

That's just confusing.
    Coz Thunder King is the memorable part I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

That's just confusing.
    I hope it won't catch on, "LFG TK" is and always will be Tempest Keep.

No you just seem to be under the impression that if you ignore all content apart from LFR you somehow deserve to do the new LFR on the day it is released.

Rid yourself of that entitlement and you'll see that you can easily get into ToT eventually... otherwise maybe you should step into a normal mode or two or do a few of these dailies you seem to hate so much to make up the difference.

Then you have LFR, something that is often categorized as a cesspool of window-licking mouth-breathers since the target demographic are the casuals and baddies, with the random 'real' raider mingling with the unwashed masses because they want to help cap their VP or speed up completing their 2p/4p bonuses. Basically raiding on EZMODE!

So then why does the entry level LFR have essentially the same requirement to get into as the entry level normal modes? Why isn't the required iLvL 450, which would imply that you are at least wearing a full set of the crafted 450 blues (or better) and the 450 weapon from Arena of Annihilation (or better)?

But okay, so say I did my farming, I got my 460, then my 470, and I've farmed the shit out of HoF/ToES on LFR and I have 100% of my slots decked out with 483's.

That makes my iLvL a 483, which still isn't good enough to meet the 486 requirement for the new LFR.

Yes, I know, VP upgrades will get you there, but that also assumes you have 483 in every slot. RNG is RNG and how many of us go week after week with nothing but 28g 50s to show for their boss kills?)

Or, spend VP on the VP gear, which is also true, but as people like to toss out so frequently, "VP Gear is not required. You should raid for raid gear" so you can't assume that either.

not at all.

there is an easily discernable progression to it.

crafted to get into heroics
    heroics to get into LFR

LFR for window lickers

raiders dont really care.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Are people forgetting about the rep 489 and 496 rewards? If you have been doing lfr and gaining valor then you should have a few of those pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I have no problem with that as a concept, just the target number they expect you to hit. Unless I'm missing something, the highest iLvL you can get out of HoF/ToES is 483. The new LFR requires 486? How the hell are you supposed to gain that, with the caveat that, if you believe half of the self-congratulating tripe spread across so many threads, people love to say how you don't need to do any dailies, buy any VP gear, or any crafted stuff off the AH, and you can get it all from heroics/LFR, and be at 470+ all within hours of dinging 90.

So, assuming all you do is LFR and heroics, the highest possible iLvL drop is 483, so for your avg iLvL to be 483, you basically need to have 100% of your slots to be filled with 483 and then upgrade them with VP at the MAX of 2 pieces every 3 weeks.

So farm the fuck out of casual ezmode LFR 5.0 before you can even get into casual ezmode LFR 5.2?

Are you forgeting the item level upgrade system completely? The Professions, Reps, world bosses, basicly the various ways to obain gear in this game? Or are you simply takeing LFR into account here?
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-08 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I dinged on Friday night and I was easily 460 by Sunday afternoon. It's not like that is a massive gateway there, in fact it's now Wednesday and I'm already 465.

As for the 486 ilvl req... that is PTR, and is already addressed in a blue post as something liable to change.

Even if that does stay, they are upping the drop chance of 5.0 LFR epics in 5.2 so as long as you are decently geared now, you should be able to fill your last few spots and then use valor for Dominance Offensive 492s to easily get up your ilvl past 483. It's seriously not as hard as you make it out to be.
    The same people that dinged 90 geared that fast over the course of a weekend were the same people that were already going into the NORMAL raids in the first week of the expac, so... thanks for proving my point?

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Are you forgeting the item level upgrade system completely?
    Are you forgetting where I said you can upgrade a max of 2 items every three weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post

Anyway thoughts?
    My thought is that maybe I will finally aqcuire an epic weapon (I don't consider pvp weapon epic quality) for my alt. I have been running elegon/sha of fear since their release, pumped all coins on Sha and still got my pvp weapon, fuck yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    not at all.

there is an easily discernable progression to it.

crafted to get into heroics
    heroics to get into LFR

LFR for window lickers

raiders dont really care.
    No, crafted for heroics.
    Heroics for normal raids.

Kind of like it's been since, well, BC, since heroics were only introduced there.

10+ Year Old Account

Even if you somehow were so lazy you could never bother getting any valor gear (because getting honored is hard), or buy 496 on AH, there's still Item Upgrading for those who somehow think that heroics and LFR is the whole game.
    Then again the LFR iLvl requirement was reduced for MSV, might happen for ToT. I'd say 476-479.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-08 at 10:38 PM.