Deleted

Item tooltips and barber window suddenly in the wrong place.

So today I wanted to change my fur color and hairstyle, but after clicking on the barber chair I noticed the window was almost off-screen on the right side while it's normally in the center. I thought it was a simple bug that could be fixed by reloading my UI but that turned out not to be the case. After clicking on an item in the trade channel the tooltip for that item was also suddenly in the wrong place. I have the ''tooltip near mouse'' option checked off but it's nowhere near my mouse.

I'm at a loss and I don't know how to fix this. Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve having to reset everything and re-making my UI all the way from scratch? I can move the barber window with the addon MoveAnything but I do want tooltips back near my mouse pointer. God knows what else has been changed that I don't know of yet.

Here's part of a screenshot showing the problem. You can't see it but my mouse is actually on the ''Bloodfang Mask'' in the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    So today I wanted to change my fur color and hairstyle, but after clicking on the barber chair I noticed the window was almost off-screen on the right side while it's normally in the center. I thought it was a simple bug that could be fixed by reloading my UI but that turned out not to be the case. After clicking on an item in the trade channel the tooltip for that item was also suddenly in the wrong place. I have the ''tooltip near mouse'' option checked off but it's nowhere near my mouse.

I'm at a loss and I don't know how to fix this. Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve having to reset everything and re-making my UI all the way from scratch? I can move the barber window with the addon MoveAnything but I do want tooltips back near my mouse pointer. God knows what else has been changed that I don't know of yet.

Here's part of a screenshot showing the problem. You can't see it but my mouse is actually on the ''Bloodfang Mask'' in the chat.

Do those frames still not show in the right spots with MoveAnything disabled? If so then you need to reset all of MoveAnything's settings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Do those frames still not show in the right spots with MoveAnything disabled? If so then you need to reset all of MoveAnything's settings.
    I installed MoveAnything after this error happened hoping I could fix the issue that way. But there doesn't seem to be an option for these tooltips and loot windows to appear near my mouse. I now also discovered that when I loot something the loot window goes in the middle left-ish side of the screen, where it normally goes where my mouse is.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-01-08 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    1) Are you sure that you have ESC -> Interface -> Controls -> "Open Loot Window at Mouse" checked? That's what causes the behavior you described in your latest post.
    2) The tooltip used when you hover over an item in, say, your bags (GameTooltip), is different from the tooltip used when clicking an item link in chat (ItemRefTooltip).

PS: Could we get a list of all your addons?

Have you downloaded a tooltip addon? Maybe list the addons you're using, to get a better idea what it could be.
    Also make sure you have them ALL updated to work with 5.1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    1) Are you sure that you have ESC -> Interface -> Controls -> "Open Loot Window at Mouse" checked? That's what causes the behavior you described in your latest post.
    2) The tooltip used when you hover over an item in, say, your bags (GameTooltip), is different from the tooltip used when clicking an item link in chat (ItemRefTooltip).

PS: Could we get a list of all your addons?
    Yes I'm 100% sure it's checked. Unchecking and checking it back on makes no difference either. The tooltips of items in my bags are correctly near my mouse. It's just from clicking items in my chat window as well as loot windows from looting mobs which are in a weird place.

As for the addons:
    _NPCScan
    Altoholic
    Altoholic_Achievements
    Altoholic_Agenda
    Altoholic_Characters
    Altoholic_Grids
    Altoholic_Guild
    Altoholic_Search
    Altoholic_Summary
    AtlasLoot
    AtlasLoot_BurningCrusade
    AtlasLoot_Cataclysm
    AtlasLoot_ClassicWoW
    AtlasLoot_Crafting
    AtlasLoot_Loader
    AtlasLoot_MistsofPandaria
    AtlasLoot_WorldEvents
    AtlasLoot_WrathoftheLichKing
    Bartender4
    ButtonFacade
    CooldownCount
    DataStore
    DataStore_Achievements
    DataStore_Agenda
    DataStore_Auctions
    DataStore_Characters
    DataStore_Containers
    DataStore_Crafts
    DataStore_Currencies
    DataStore_Inventory
    DataStore_Mails
    DataStore_Pets
    DataStore_Quests
    DataStore_Reputations
    DataStore_Spells
    DataStore_Stats
    DataStore_Talents
    EnergyWatch
    GTFO
    Masque
    MoveAnything
    NeedToKnow
    Quartz
    Recount
    ReforgeSaver
    ShadowedUF_Options
    ShadowedUnitFrames
    SpeakinSpell
    SpeakinSpell_Defaults
    SpeakinSpell_GUI
    SpeakinSpell_Patches
    !Swatter
    TidyPlates
    TidyPlatesHub
    TidyPlatesWidgets
    TidyPlates_Graphite
    TidyPlates_Grey
    TidyPlates_Neon
    TidyPlates_Quatre
    WeakAuras
    WeakAurasModelPaths
    WeakAurasOptions
    WeakAurasTutorials
    DBM-Core
    DBM-DefaultSkin
    DBM-GUI
    DBM-BaradinHold
    DBM-BastionTwilight
    DBM-BlackwingDescent
    DBM-Brawlers
    DBM-ChamberOfAspects
    DBM-Coliseum
    DBM-DragonSoul
    DBM-EyeOfEternity
    DBM-Firelands
    DBM-HeartofFear
    DBM-Icecrown
    DBM-MogushanVaults
    DBM-Naxx
    DBM-Onyxia
    DBM-Pandaria
    DBM-Party-Cataclysm
    DBM-Party-MoP
    DBM-Party-WotLK
    DBM-PvP
    DBM-Scenario-MoP
    DBM-TerraceofEndlessSpring
    DBM-ThroneFourWinds
    DBM-Ulduar
    DBM-VoA
    DBM-WorldEvents

Have you downloaded a tooltip addon? Maybe list the addons you're using, to get a better idea what it could be.
    Also make sure you have them ALL updated to work with 5.1.
    I didn't download nor update anything in the past week. This only started happening after I clicked the barber chair today and everything has been working fine all day before that.

Tooltips for items clicked on from the chat window have always for me made its own tooltip. It should be movable to anywhere with a simple click and drag.

Unrelated note. You don't need Buttonfacade when you have Masque. Masque IS Buttonfacade just the updated version under a different name.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-08 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Tooltips for items clicked on from the chat window have always for me made its own tooltip. It should be movable to anywhere with a simple click and drag.

Unrelated note. You don't need Buttonfacade when you have Masque. Masque IS Buttonfacade just the updated version under a different name.
    Weird, they definitely always opened at my mouse pointer before. The items clicked from the chat I mean. That still doesn't explain why random windows like the barber also suddenly moved out of position. It feels like I changed the scale of my UI to a weird setting and then changed it back, but it only seems to effect some small specific things.

You are correct on the Buttonfacade/Masque thing. A long time ago when I got a new computer I threw my old addon folder back in the interface and then started updating old addons. I simply forgot to delete the old version. Silly mistake, so thanks for pointing that out.

You could try backing up your saved variables and then deleting the WTF folder so wow redownloads all the files again. It's possible it didn't properly install the latest patch and cause some random UI issues.

Just make sure you make a backup copy of all your account saved variables and character saved variables and just copy those back into their proper folder after all the wow cache has been rebuilt to not lose your addon settings.

Deleted
    Actually, that was the "stub" ButtonFacade folder that simply forwards to Masque. It's for compatibility reasons.

You can also try forcibly resetting the frame's position cache, but I don't know what the frame is called, so you'll have to find out yourself.
    1. Do a /fstack, hover over the barber frame. Note the frame name.
    2. Do this:
    Code:
    /run local a = FrameName a:SetMovable(true) a:SetUserPlaced(true) a:ClearAllPoints() a:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",0,0) ReloadUI()
    3. Then do this:
    Code:
    /run local a = FrameName a:SetMovable(false) a:SetUserPlaced(false) ReloadUI()