10+ Year Old Account

Where in the world is Varok Saurfang?

I've recently been thinking about everything that has been going on in WoW and I just realized, where the hell has Saurfang gone? He was absent for the entirety of Cataclysm and has yet to be seen in Mists of Pandaria. I don't recall him being mentioned in the books. Have the developers forgotten about him? Is he still in Northrend? You'd think a badass like him would be keeping a close eye on the Horde and where/what Garrosh is doing. I remember a certain thing he once said, "I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes". That day is upon the Horde, so where is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

He doesn't like Garrosh and is hiding in Northrend.

Perhaps they're saving something really good for him, or they are planning on killing him off, hence no word about his whereabouts.

Hes chilling out in nagrand

Thats where he said he was heading to bury his boy and i suspect hes still there

Hes deserves a well earned retirement i hope he lives the rest of days in peace the old guy deserves it

10+ Year Old Account
    He's leading the Northrend Expedition for the Horde in Borean Tundra. He basically admitted after all he's been through during the campaign against the scourge that he was content to settle back and lead a skeleton crew in keeping watch around the icy north and not hop into the next fray.

Last we heard from The Shattering Novel:
    "I [Garrosh] leave a skeleton crew with Saurfang." [...] "It is my belief that my former advisor will sit and watch spiders spin cobwebs and fully enjoy the peace he so obviously craves."
    "We have both done our duties. We serve the Horde. If I serve by watching little spiders instead of fighting large ones, then I am well content."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I've recently been thinking about everything that has been going on in WoW and I just realized, where the hell has Saurfang gone? He was absent for the entirety of Cataclysm and has yet to be seen in Mists of Pandaria. I don't recall him being mentioned in the books. Have the developers forgotten about him? Is he still in Northrend? You'd think a badass like him would be keeping a close eye on the Horde and where/what Garrosh is doing. I remember a certain thing he once said, "I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes". That day is upon the Horde, so where is he?
    His is mentioned in books. In the shattering he is given command of the horde forces in northrend that are keeping an eye on what is left of the scourge after hellscream leaves. So his still in northrend doing his current job.

1 min to late

When they redo northrend we will see him again. IMO he should turn up in pandaria to bitch slap hellscream when his doing something dumb.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-01-09 at 05:37 AM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Hes chilling out in nagrand

Thats where he said he was heading to bury his boy and i suspect hes still there

Hes deserves a well earned retirement i hope he lives the rest of days in peace the old guy deserves it
    Rest is for the dead. I don't think Saurfang would ever truly be content doing nothing but who knows. It was terrible how his son was slaughtered and raised but thats just one orc. The horde cant lose its leaders and prominent figures just because of a single death, however personal it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    His work isn't finished. He can rest when he makes good on his promise to Garrosh in Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was the leader of the Might of Kalimdor during the second war of the shifting sands.
    I've a feeling that when the Alliance and the Horde join arms versus a common foe again (burning legion expansion) his leadership qualities will be needed again. (One of the commanders of Velen's Army of Light).
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-01-09 at 08:34 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.