Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

next neutral race idea

I have a feeling they will introduce a 'neutral' race that physically differs when you go horde or alliance.

Example/Idea.

Short intro:
    An ancient race on planet x has been taken over by the legion and is now a legion stronghold.
    The corrupted natives are fighting against the rebelling natives.
    They are fighting a war which no one knows when it even started.
    There is heavy legion activity all across the planet.

Starting zone:
    You start neutral, in an ancient tunnel/underground system named the Archive.
    You are one of the few who fled the battles and sought safety with the Librarian.
    The Librarian was once the adviser/right hand of the Ruling Monarchy.
    When the Legion attacked the palace of the Monarchy, he fled to safety together with other survivors.
    Remaining natives started a rebellion against the ruling Legion, but a lot are being mind controlled by fel energy aka corrupted.

The Archive is under attack. You hear Sargeras whispering doom and shizzle.
    The Librarian assists you into fighting against Sargeras' madness and uncovering what he wants in the Archive.
    The more you progress in the Archive, the more legions appear until the Librarian sacrifices himself by collapsing/incinerating the whole complex.
    You continue on the surface now.
    You can't trust any of your kin, yet you are easily fooled because you are not aware of the fel energy.
    you get quests by both sides, they are testing you.
    The more you progress the more choices you have to make until the last quest...
    The last Quest defines and picks your Faction.
    Here you have to choose between saving either a corrupted or rebelling native.
    One of them will be your race/faction representative.
    You save the corrupted one because you feel pity and you believe in redemption. You save him by a blood pact ritual which in the process corrupts you too.
    You save the rebelling one because you sense valor and you believe in hope or something. You save him by an arcane rift ritual which in the process empowers you.
    You know the rituals because the librarian gave it to you and entrusted you to put it in good use.
    The corrupted natives are joining the horde.
    The rebelling natives are joining the alliance.

Appearance of said race:
    Humanoids, not demonic, but share various traits.
    Don't have hooves!
    No tail.
    Their skin looks like avatar/Na'vi.
    No hair as we know it, instead some rough/spiny stuff form beards and 'hair'.
    No horns.

Corrupted natives have eyes that glow (yellow to green-ish) Their face look spiny-er (black-ish/reddish) and their 'hair' vary from dark red to fel green. Have fangs.

Rebelling natives have white-blue eyes. Their faces are less spiny, their spines are white and their hair vary from white to yellow/blue-ish etc.

hidden natives have no glowing eyes, and have less to none spiny stuff forming beards and hair. they look all the same. (you at start)

When you choose your faction, character customization pops up and when finished a cinematic plays where you kinda ascend into either something dark or something colorful.

What happens next:

Sargeras has commanded to attack Azeroth via planet x. You and your chosen faction try to sabotage because you have read in the archives that titans had a link with Azeroth.
    You want to learn more and escape the planet and quickly jump through the portal.
    You know that meteor shower on azeroth Wrathion showed us?
    You, faction members and legion soldiers are encased in fel shields and are falling to either somewhere close to orgrimmar (corrupted natives) or stormwind (rebelling natives). (+ pre-expac event)
    Once you have landed, the journey was rather harsh on your kin and you all passed out. a random orc/human sees you, approaches you carefully thinking you are demon.
    but for them you look weak and you look nothing like they've seen before. they take you to the 'hospital', you wake up and see your race/faction representative discuss matter with warchief/king. Your representative approaches you and says they might have found a new purpose in an alien world.

The Planet itself will be connected in a way with outlands. The planet also will include the starter zone and new levelling zones. The planet it self is not big, but it has a core and mysterious tunnels/dungeons within. The Archive is rather a wing of a whole complex (library/Science Dome.)

tada!

HOWEVER:
    I expect an expansion or 2 (especially Queen Aszarah) before we fully engage legion. With legion i mean another stronghold that is of importance for sargeras. Hence that is why Sargeras won't appear physically in my suggested idea/expac.
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2013-01-09 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    No, they'll make Blood Elves neutral.

Nah. At best they might give high elves to the Alliance but they won't take a faction specific race and make it neutral.

I'm hoping that the next time around we'll get two new races instead of another neutral race. High Elves and Ogres are my dream races to get next.

But for the sake of the thread...if we had to have another neutral race, I could see ethereals fitting the bill.

Deleted
    Two races over one - no doubt. Neutral races really suck.

Personally I'd rather that they went back and made changes to all races so that they couldn't be strange classes... like Tauren paladins .... really?!

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No, they'll make Blood Elves neutral.
    Even with the turn of events in Dalaran, if Blizz were opting to add another neutral race like Pandaren this would be easiest to manage with Quel'thalas needing a complete revamp anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vejovis View Post
    Two races over one - no doubt. Neutral races really suck.

Personally I'd rather that they went back and made changes to all races so that they couldn't be strange classes... like Tauren paladins .... really?!
    Taurens aren't paladins in the lore; and I too would prefer to see two races over one neutral race.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want satyrs as a playable race. Nothing is as cool as a satyr mage or rogue. Satyrs have a place in lore, night elves corrupted by demonic magic. If you dare ask why should a demonic race be playable, just try to remember orc lore, or even forsaken lore (why cant we play as forsaken elves??!! Slyvanas gets to!)

And sorry, it looked like you really didnt want hooves. :P

Way off topic: is there a boss fight with a dreadlord? I cant remember any...
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    Mal'ganis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Taurens aren't paladins in the lore; and I too would prefer to see two races over one neutral race.
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo tired of this statement.

THEY ARE NOW! Apparently, stories evolve!

The "Holy Cows" are actually lore, backed by the ever evolving story that is Warcraft.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    I want satyrs as a playable race. Nothing is as cool as a satyr mage or rogue. Satyrs have a place in lore, night elves corrupted by demonic magic. If you dare ask why should a demonic race be playable, just try to remember orc lore, or even forsaken lore (why cant we play as forsaken elves??!! Slyvanas gets to!)

And sorry, it looked like you really didnt want hooves. :P

Detheroc too, I think.... Back in Live Strat. Well, one of those Dreadlord bros.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Deleted
    Actually a nice idea but...why no tail and horns! :< i like tails and horns. And not white eyes- draenei already got it. We take green-ish they can have red.
    -edit-
    by "we" i mean alliance and by "them"-horde

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    if they go the route of the demon hunter i can definately see them starting out as a neutral race like the pandas were

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    if they go the route of the demon hunter i can definately see them starting out as a neutral race like the pandas were
    is a race? i thought it was a class.

and idk, i dont think we will get either. there is no set rhythm that Blizzard follows. so lets not get too excited for new class/race stuff. we still have at least 18 months of MoP to go as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vejovis View Post
    Sunwalker. Makes perfect sense if you read the lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the idea of appearances changing based on faction. I had an idea for a race of elementals, they would be a good candidate for that sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Alceus, I actually love the idea. A neutral new looking space race.
    It would be nice if they had a decent looking humanoid model so
    they people don't have to pick elves or humans when they want
    armor to fit normally.
    Although for lore reasons, I would take Sargeras out and put
    Kil'jaeden as the major bad guy voice.
    Also did you mean for the Archive to be a Titian-isk place
    that is the last hold out for these people on their planet
    cause the archive sounds that way ... at least to me anyways.

Deleted
    I would prefer they involve some of the Azerothian races instead of making a new one up, prefereably no Draenei clone or even a damn protoss copy.

Murloc's
    Gnoll
    Ogre
    Naga
    ... the list goes on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    I would prefer they involve some of the Azerothian races instead of making a new one up, prefereably no Draenei clone or even a damn protoss copy.

Murloc's
    Gnoll
    Ogre
    Naga
    ... the list goes on.
    All those wouldn't fit into any faction, besides Ogres.

Traitor Races.

wait wut?

The ability to take a nightelf or Orc or Drainai or Troll or Tauren or Gnome to the Opposite Faction through a long, hard quest chain.

Wont be a Pay To transfer feature, at least at first.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Traitor Races.

wait wut?

The ability to take a nightelf or Orc or Drainai or Troll or Tauren or Gnome to the Opposite Faction through a long, hard quest chain.

Wont be a Pay To transfer feature, at least at first.
    Would be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I want Naga. But your idea is not bad. Still want Naga though as a neutral race.