Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    with all that was happening in dalaran and the return of the kirin'tor as an alliance race i really hope for playable high elves soons.

on the other hand they could just add the high elf skin as an option for "human" ... yeah i know that would hardly make any sense... but those two are interbreedable (hope that's the right word) and i guess their available classes would be the same.

when implementing that change blizz would have to unlock other race skins ...
    like Wretched Blood Elves skin for the Forsaken
    Mag'har for Orcs
    Taunka for Tauren
    Tatoos for Dwarves (Wildhammer Clan)

and so on ...
    in general i'd like that.
    Sub-skins wouldn't make sence, since the whole model is different. Taunka and Yaungol both have a different model than Tauren.
    Besides there would be the problem with being labelled as "Level 90 Tauren", if it was just a skin choice under Tauren.

Deleted
    with all that was happening in dalaran and the return of the kirin'tor as an alliance race i really hope for playable high elves soons.

on the other hand they could just add the high elf skin as an option for "human" ... yeah i know that would hardly make any sense... but those two are interbreedable (hope that's the right word) and i guess their available classes would be the same.

Mag'har for Orcs
    Taunka for Tauren

and so on ...
    This would acutally be a solution, if people didn't look for too long at the fact that elven as a human reskin is like adding... let's see... Tuskarr as Pandaren reskins ?

Just kidding, this would actually be the best solution to end this elven hype, giving the players what they want... and transforming the game into "World of Elfcraft".

Alliance Elves were barely a single unit in War2, not worthy of all this fuss imo, but as an orc lover i'm pretty biased, so no hard feelings ? (disregard that, forgot about the blood mages in war 3 and such, but these are more related to blood elves, if i'm right ?)
    Last edited by mmoce3896f30ad; 2013-01-09 at 09:34 AM.

I've always loved to play blood elf until Wrath, before the Horde side of my server became a desert. I would love to see high elf, but I know it's not possible because the faction balance (number of people, not skill) would be messed up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Tbut as an orc lover i'm pretty biased
    Even the Horde and orcs will profit from a fully-fledged High Elf Alliance race addition, as then no longer will you have to endure your faction being dominated by Blood Elf players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Sub-skins wouldn't make sence, since the whole model is different. Taunka and Yaungol both have a different model than Tauren.
    Besides there would be the problem with being labelled as "Level 90 Tauren", if it was just a skin choice under Tauren.
    with new character models coming soonish, it would be a great oportunity to pull those races together.
    also i guess it should be simple - from a programming point of view - to change a tooltip's race tag not by the chosen race, but by the chosen subskin.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I want to play as a murloc.

...wait.

How high are these elves? Like smoked a roach or has bong built into equipment?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    with all that was happening in dalaran and the return of the kirin'tor as an alliance faction i really hope for playable high elves soons.

on the other hand they could just add the high elf skin as an option for "blood elf" ... yeah i know that would hardly make any sense... but those two are interbreedable (hope that's the right word) and i guess their available classes would be the same.

Mag'har for Orcs
    Taunka for Tauren

and so on ...
    fix it up for you.

Deleted
    Even the Horde and orcs will profit from a fully-fledged High Elf Alliance race addition, as then no longer will you have to endure your faction being dominated by Blood Elf players.
    I've given hope on this happening, man

On a more serious note, I was just signifying that I mostly played orc in war 2 and so on.. But again, it's still true when applied to WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I've always loved to play blood elf until Wrath, before the Horde side of my server became a desert. I would love to see high elf, but I know it's not possible because the faction balance (number of people, not skill) would be messed up
    No it wouldn't be. The majority switched to Horde already, due to better racials. Just check the wowprogress for what the faction ratios are on most realms, and what faction most top guilds belong to.

Deleted
    i guess that the new character models will flat out the race diversity ...
    especially for the horde:
    orcs will look more badass, as well as the forsaken ...
    i'm also looking forward for new tauren models ...
    goblins - as i recall - are already a favourit choice of alot of players, also the model is new and good ...

actually i don't think that most of the people that play a blood elve joined the horde because of the BEs ... they joined the horde for it's art style and then just chose the most human-like race ...

sadly i cannot understand people that play "humans" in fantasy rpgs since humans are the most common race ...
    i - when playing rpgs - like to play an extraordinary race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    with new character models coming soonish, it would be a great oportunity to pull those races together.
    also i guess it should be simple - from a programming point of view - to change a tooltip's race tag not by the chosen race, but by the chosen subskin.
    If that, then I want female Warlocks to be called Witches. Blood/High Elf Hunters to be called Rangers.

Deleted
    sadly i cannot understand people that play "humans" in fantasy rpgs since humans are the most common race ...
    i - when playing rpgs - like to play an extraordinary race.
    From a dedicated roleplayer : A lot of people don't care in the "rp" part of the "rpg" term. They just want their character to look like an idealized version of themselves I guess..?

Gee, I just realized this was a "I want to play a High Elf" thread, didn't mean to troll !!
    Last edited by mmoce3896f30ad; 2013-01-09 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    If that, then I want female Warlocks to be called Witches. Blood/High Elf Hunters to be called Rangers.
    And Draenei Paladins Vindicators, Tauren Paladins Sunwalkers etc.
    Different names for female classes already exists in most other language versions of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    i see your point ... but i think that's one step too far concerning accessability for casuals ... (and we all know blizz cares for it's casuals :P) ...
    race doesn't make big of a difference when it comes to special abilities ... but classes do.
    if an unexperienced player sees a "Witch" running about he'll wonder what that class can do and what's it all about ...
    if the same player though sees a "Taunka" ... well, i don't see any specific reaction there ^^

I choose my character 100% based on racial ability's... i want them to remove racial's... as a pvp player i'm now bound to be fucking human...

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

I'd rather have different races or more customization for current ones added first, but I guess if Alliance got high elves then Horde would get something new. Still wondering why Ogres aren't on Horde yet.

Deleted
    No, I want Satyrs, Darkfallen and Murlocs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    I choose my character 100% based on racial ability's... i want them to remove racial's... as a pvp player i'm now bound to be fucking human...
    sadly the racial abilities are fundamental to the cash grind that the race-change service is ..
    i guess that the numbers of race-changes would be far less if there were no racial abilities.

just to clarify: i'd also would love to see racial benefits getting scrapped ... thus you'd enjoy more freedom when chosing your race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Still wondering why Ogres aren't on Horde yet.
    It's not easy to adapt helm models to fit on 2 heads :P

Deleted
    It's not easy to adapt helm models to fit on 2 heads :P
    wouldn't you be able to wear two helmet's that way ?
    2x Meta gem ... faaaaar too uber ^^