Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    so excited for dota

Ignore the post about 5.2 ilvl requirement and go read through GC's twitter more, ya'll. He posted yesterday that it's not set in stone yet, so 486 may well not be the requirement. Frankly, as someone who has run a hell of a lot of LFR, and has a boatload of upgrades from there, 486 is steep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this is another example of people whining enough to blizz and they change something. GG

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I was keeping an eye on that post by the 8 year olds mum, was pleasantly surprised to see Ghostcrawler respond, shows you that they do care about their customers, a very info packed post too, hopefully it helps all those out there that are looking to get into the gaming industry!
    Every few years Blizzard makes basically the same post to a parent asking the same question. Chris Metzen had a good one a few years ago.

When I was 8 years old I was writing companies myself about action figures I wanted to see produced and I sent them fully drawn out diagrams.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

@Yig - I did the same thing! Did they send you the letters saying that they couldn't legally use your ideas? I was a little disappointed after sending in a pad of my ideas to Hasbro for Transformers and Beast Wars. I think they eventually did use some, though, because I've seen familiar toys pop up over the last decade or so.

On topic, it'll be nice to see more regular drops from LFR after 5.2. I have a priest, mage, and DK up and coming that'll need it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I don't see what upping the drop chances will change when the big problem will still be that the waiting times for the old LFR raids will be atrocious in 5.2.
    The biggest problem is that there are 5 different LFRs and that splits up the players. Even now i have to wait 40 minutes as a DPS and 10-15 minutes as a healer the day after the resets, once 5.2 hits and only alts will do them you will never see one open up. Since even if there are 15 healers interested any given time there are probably 3 queing up for Mogu 1, 2 for Mogu2, 3 for HoF1, 4 for HoF2 and 3 for Terrace.
    That won't work.
    Agreed.
    Instead of queing for a specific LFR, there needs to be a way to specify which LFRs you want to queue for, e.g., Mogu 2, HoF 2 and Terrace, like you can specify which role(s) you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I don't think you've done this dailies at all.
    I have done them..... and there is no real story in the 5.1 dailies.
    August celestials is just fighting some dudes to train...... gl, i don't see any story going there also... at some point you get the weapons of the thunderking, but how that is linked to the dailies before that, beats me.
    Klaxxi, just a lot of killing..... untill exalted... no progress in any story.

The 5.2 ones, yeah there I have a sense of some progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruin View Post
    You mean the BG that directly above it in the post has the statement that it is in its early stages, unlikely to see 5.2, and is still very much a work in progress, *that* BG?
    yeah i think he´s talking about THAT BG

Quote Originally Posted by val1984 View Post
    Agreed.
    Instead of queing for a specific LFR, there needs to be a way to specify which LFRs you want to queue for, e.g., Mogu 2, HoF 2 and Terrace, like you can specify which role(s) you want to do.
    That choice is there already, always have been.

I see the issue of long queue-times also..... the way it will be done, they are dividing the player-base in tiers.
    This will cause long waiting times... I hope they have a solution for that.
    Unfortunately we don't have much information yet.... I am also worried about the lockout. Even with increased droprates, only being able to run it 1/week doesn't seem like a good idea.
    Lets wait and see what else they have to share in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    August celestials is just fighting some dudes to train...... gl, i don't see any story going there also... at some point you get the weapons of the thunderking, but how that is linked to the dailies before that, beats me.

Then you haven't done the quests unlocked by reaching reputation milestones for Shieldwall/DO.

No, this choice is not there and never has been. You need to queue for one specific LFR section and not like you can queue for dungeons (with checkboxes or all of the above).

The bg looks nice but I think people should avoid expecting it to be 5 v 5, more like 10v10. Maybe blizzard will surprise me though

Posts like what GC did for the 8 year old kid really show he's a good guy. Idk why everyone hates on GC, he takes a lot of shit for nothing. He knows what he's doing, he wants what the players want, a good game.

Seriously?

Celestials, yes, there is only story with your "rival" and lots of messages from Telonious and Chi-Ji.

Golden Lotus culminates into epic battle.

Klaxxi - you have to free all Paragons and it's battle at the end, again. And revelation about Old Gods connection.

And you have amazing long story for 5.1 factions. You either fail at trolling, or not playing WoW.

Deleted
    I think I didn't make myself clear enough
    What I wanted to say was that they should let us queue for multiple LFRs at once.
    Like for example, I queue for Mogu 2, HoF 2 and Terrace and whichever group is full first pops (let's say HoF 2 is full first).
    And then I queue again for Mogu 2 and Terrace at once and this time Mogu 2 pops and I'll only have Terrace remaining left to do.
    This would not completely remove fragmentation of players queuing but it would reduce it a bit at least.
    Last edited by mmoc48f034ac8e; 2013-01-09 at 02:55 PM.

If Blizz want players to explore the world why then not making rep tabards work on normal mobs in world zones? Like Argent Dawn in vaniila?

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I don't see what upping the drop chances will change when the big problem will still be that the waiting times for the old LFR raids will be atrocious in 5.2.
    The biggest problem is that there are 5 different LFRs and that splits up the players. Even now i have to wait 40 minutes as a DPS and 10-15 minutes as a healer the day after the resets, once 5.2 hits and only alts will do them you will never see one open up. Since even if there are 15 healers interested any given time there are probably 3 queing up for Mogu 1, 2 for Mogu2, 3 for HoF1, 4 for HoF2 and 3 for Terrace.
    That won't work.
    You know what the real problem is? Players are getting used to 10 minute queues and now anything longer makes them rage and quit while if you are in the queue for 45 minutes for the piss easy LFR which you finish extremely fast and gives you very good loot it's still superior to pugging normal raids.

An hour long queue sucks but it is still better than the alternative. Making previous tiers irrelevant although they are still a lot of fun to do just to increase queue times is a big mistake. They already made this mistake years ago with normal raids by giving everyone badge gear to solve the problem of players not being able to catch up. Now they have LFR as catch up mechanic which is a lot more fun than just spamming heroics for JP/VP gear and I don't think we should ruin this for the sake of convenience AGAIN. They better come up with another solution to decrease queue times maybe a technical solution instead of one that influence gameplay.

This will help a little:
    I think I didn't make myself clear enough
    What I wanted to say was that they should let us queue for multiple LFRs at once.
    Like for example, I queue for Mogu 2, HoF 2 and Terrace and whichever group is full first pops (let's say HoF 2 is full first).
    And then I queue again for Mogu 2 and Terrace at once and this time Mogu 2 pops and I'll only have Terrace remaining left to do.
    This would not completely remove fragmentation of players queuing but it would reduce it a bit at least.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-01-09 at 03:15 PM.

If they QQ about it, it will come.

Why didn't players just demand to get the full LFR set from T14 in their mailboxes after 5.2 comes out, they would of got it.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    If they QQ about it, it will come.

Why didn't players just demand to get the full LFR set from T14 in their mailboxes after 5.2 comes out, they would of got it.
    It's actually funny how the complaining has shifted from "Free purples for all!" to "We need more purples!".

Deleted
    That BG could be fucking amazin if they do it right