Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Perfect Raid Comp - your opinion.

Our static suffers from disappearance of key players that were heavily geared. On New Year break something came to my mind: does the Perfect raid comp for 10 exist, and from what it should be composed? (I.e. in the situation when not even 1 piece of gear will be disenchanted)
    Your opinions will be very helpful.

Deleted
    The perfect 10 man raid comp consists of more than 10 people, 15+. If you want to progress, than everyone has to play his CLASS (not only the spec!) on a high level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The perfect 10 man raid comp consists of more than 10 people, 15+. If you want to progress, than everyone has to play his CLASS (not only the spec!) on a high level.
    I was talking about class composition.

10+ Year Old Account
    In top 20 race I think its worth stacking current OP classes, like Paragon did always droods

In the otherhand I think its more like bring the player not the class. If you bring 5 peeps with currently op classes, but playing shit / not knowing their classes uberly, it does not matter anyway.

So I prefer to play with skilled peeps and I dont care what they play.

Also succes is about the peeps not much about compos. Of course best is if you have stacked OP classes played by OP players :P
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

You can pretty much make any group you like. As long as you have a hunter they can fill in any buff you're missing.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think the OP is talking about what classes are the best for a 10 man raid but rather what group of classes he could have that won't have many issues on sharing loot for example

Warrior Tank
    Druid Tank

Monk Healer
    Priest Healer
    Paladin Healer

Hunter DPS
    Mage/Warlock DPS
    Deathknight/Paladin/Warrior DPS
    Shaman Elemental DPS

After that you're gonna be stuck I think.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-01-09 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This. The perfect raid comp is a raid comp that can constantly shift to the situation and adjust as needed, with more people than the raid size you are raiding. Same reason why sports teams consist of more players than are out on the field/court/etc. at one time.

Fights in this game are far too varied for a "perfect" comp to exist.

Creating a raid comp based on handling loot is pretty silly.

In my experience if you down a boss more than twice you're probably going to end up disenchanting duplicates anyhow, so staying away from duplicate classes isn't really a drag unless you duplicate to a ridiculous extent and the RNG decides to punish you. It's difficult to run a 10-man with more than 1 holy pally, f'rinstance, but you can bet that if there's a piece of int plate on a starting boss you'll see it drop a bunch of times.

Try not to get more than 5 people on the same tier token, try not to have more than 2 of the same class/spec. But if you've got three brilliant players who all want to do some flavor of mage, that's worth more than the theoretical boost you'd have from that one piece of spirit plate you keep having to DE.

Deleted
    Raid comp based on loot, buffs and my opinion:

Protection Paladin
    Guardian Druid

Discipline/Holy Priest
    Restoration Druid
    Restoartion Shaman

Fury Warrior
    Combat Rogue

Beast Master Hunter
    Elemental Shaman
    Affliction Warlock

theres no general best raid comp, it's dependant on the fight.
    but there are classes that do give a bit more utility than others, for example:

druid (symbiosis for tank shieldwall)
    hunter (fills any buff/debuff thats missing, decent dps, great burst)
    shadow (manahymn, ve, mass displ)
    mage/WL just because of highest DPS (currently). WL also has nice utility (Portals, Healthstones!)
    warry tank is in a good place and brings banner
    schamy for manatide and stormslash
    rouge for cleave fights
    monk tanks bring huge dps on aoe fights
    Disc priests bring shields which is enough reason atm (preshielding can totally negate mechanics, makes a lot easier)

okey those are allready 10, but as you see, most speccs do bring some additional stuff, next to the fact that performance balance is quite good atm. (apart from locks/mages which are still a bit to high imo)
    these days comp isn't that huge, doesn't matter as much as it used to. which is great!

Perfect raid setup for 10m is 10players with 3+ alts each

so you can get any possible comp, thats what 10m raiding is all about, ALTS

Deleted
    If I could, i'd play this setup:

Disc Priest
    Holy Pala

Prot Pala
    Guardian Druid

Moonkin Druid (Resto offspec)
    Affli Lock
    Fury Warrior
    BM Hunter
    Arcane Mage
    Shadow

This is a very high dps, high utility setup. imho the best there is right now. admittedly, there is some overlap on caster loot. if you wanted to change that I'd take one more melee (rogue) instead of the Shadow and an Ele Shaman instead of the Mage.
    Rogue/DK/Ele are very good too and ideally you would have these 3 classes as options too. The warrior could have a rogue and/or DK twink and one of the ranged (probably hunter) a Shaman twink (Ele with offspec resto).
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-01-09 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    If I could, i'd play this setup:

Disc Priest
    Holy Pala

Prot Pala
    Guardian Druid

Moonkin Druid (Resto offspec)
    Affli Lock
    Fury Warrior
    BM Hunter
    Arcane Mage
    Shadow

This is a very high dps, high utility setup. imho the best there is right now. admittedly, there is some overlap on caster loot. if you wanted to change that I'd take one more melee (rogue) instead of the Shadow and an Ele Shaman instead of the Mage.
    But with that mix you've got 5 people on the paladin/priest/warlock token, 3 on the dk/rogue/mage/druid token and 2 on the warrior/hunter/shaman token. Your hunter will be finishing his off-off-offspec tier by the time your spriest has a 2-piece.

In terms of loot sharing, the best you're going to do is try to get 3-4 players on each tier token and divide armor types up as much as possible.

Something like:
    Holy Paladin
    Disc/Holy Priest
    Resto/Elemental Shaman

Balance Druid
    Frost Death Knight
    Mage (any spec)
    Hunter (any spec)
    Warlock (any spec)

Protection Warrior
    Brewmaster/Windwalker Monk

3 plate, 2 leather, 2 mail, 3 cloth
    3 conqueror token, 4 protector token, 3 vanquisher token
    2-3 healers, 4-5 ranged, 1-2 melee

Obviously there are other combinations that work and give basically the same type of balance. No matter what you do though, you're always going to have some people competing with others for loot and some specs (like holy pallies) that allow all gear to go to DE after they get their items. RNG is RNG. You're much better off getting good players than you are trying to fill a perfectly balanced raid composition.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2013-01-09 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triemer View Post
    Raid comp based on loot, buffs and my opinion:

Protection Paladin

Guardian Druid

Discipline/Holy Priest
    Restoration Druid
    Restoartion Shaman

Fury Warrior
    Combat Rogue

Beast Master Hunter
    Elemental Shaman
    Affliction Warlock
    Your prot pal and fury war will share a lot of loot. Just saying.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raider321 View Post
    Perfect raid setup for 10m is 10players with 3+ alts each

so you can get any possible comp, thats what 10m raiding is all about, ALTS
    I love it when people come into a thread purposefully to derail it.

Now tell us about how 25 man is the only "real" raiding please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    But with that mix you've got 5 people on the paladin/priest/warlock token, 3 on the dk/rogue/mage/druid token and 2 on the warrior/hunter/shaman token. Your hunter will be finishing his off-off-offspec tier by the time your spriest has a 2-piece.
    Sure, but 3 of those 5 on the priest-token are healers/tanks. coming from a progress PoV, they should get last priority on loot. this leaves you with 2 dps on each token, which is pretty good, they'll get their bonuses early in progression.
    but as i said switch shadow for rogue and mage for ele shaman for optimal loot distribution. i'd only do that if you put much value in not wasting any loot and are okay with taking a little hit when it comes to ease of progress. but then again, you can do really well with a bad setup if your players are good. the opposite isn't true.
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-01-10 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    Sure, but 3 of those 5 on the priest-token are healers/tanks. coming from a progress PoV, they should get last priority on loot.
    I see many longer-time players with this mindset, but even many of them acknowledge that nowadays gearing dps is every bit as important as gearing tanks/healers, considering gear checks are just as much about dps checks as they are survivability/healing checks. Gear your tanks or healers so you can bring one or two less healers (or even one-tank), or gear your dps so you don't need to cut healers/tanks.

edit/update:
    sorry, at first i misread your post; i thought you were saying tanks/healers should be geared first. but i guess as-written what i said still applies.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

[QUOTE=Luciferiuz;19761784]Your prot pal and fury war will share a lot of loot. Just saying.[COLOR="red"]

one likes crit + threat stats (hit/exp)
    one likes mastery + threat stats

crit's undesirable for prot pal and mastery is shit for fury.......doesnt seem like too much sharing

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post

one likes crit + threat stats (hit/exp)
    one likes mastery + threat stats

crit's undesirable for prot pal and mastery is shit for fury.......doesnt seem like too much sharing
    Both need haste/hit/expertise/mastery (even if the war would prefer to avoid the mastery it will be on the gear)...

Traditional tank stats are woeful for prot pallys in comparison, so basically anything that isn't crit or tanking stats they would both roll on. Which is a fair amount of plate pieces.

15+ Year Old Account
    tanks:
    monk
    warrior

healers:
    disc
    disc
    hpally

dps:
    lock
    mage
    boomkin