Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    To clarify; He does gain MR per level, just no armor.
    Souls grant the armor and some AP.
    His Q/R/E combo takes some time getting used to but actually deals quite some damage if executed properly.
    I'd rather not see him go mid, though, he's doing about as well as AP Naut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post

CertainlyTruedamage clearing that one up.
    Oh, that's good.

Can't wait to know how that'll happen.

Deleted
    Certainly True Damage should have been fired already.

For one, he made one of the most hated champions and everyone had to deal with it.
    And now he is doing it all over again.

Just look at this shit
    Small minions only sometimes drop a soul.
    Random stat boost is like the worst thing that can happen, not ever talking about other strengths.

I'm pretty sure it will be annoying as hell until it get the foremost issues fixed and people willing to deal with another BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Random stat boost is like the worst thing that can happen, not ever talking about other strengths.
    Not really random. The sheer amount of small minions dying throughout the game means the number of souls collected will be fairly reliable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a fixed ratio for the small minions then that's fine with me.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Currently it looks like its supposed to be % thing, which implies random function.

Deleted
    Currently it looks like its supposed to be % thing, which implies random function.
    What I mean is that you can expect several hundred minions to die near you throughout the game. This is more than enough for statistics to come into play, providing a pretty static number of souls overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the way he said it, yes, there can be a variance after 2 waves. Get a good amount of souls early, play more aggressively and take advantage. Get a drought instead and take it a bit easier.

Over the length of the game, there will hardly be any significant difference in the amount of souls gained.

Deleted
    Think like old crit masterie, when you got that one retarded crit. That was just as stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously equating 3 armour with a 250 health crit?

Think like old crit masterie, when you got that one retarded crit. That was just as stupid.
    In a normal game you can expect to always get 60-90 souls at least. If it goes on any longer than that, he starts to creep into OP territory. Its not an issue. The drops are reliable.

Deleted
    The variation over first couple waves, before it evens out, won't be more than 3-4 souls either way. This is hardly even similar to what Critplank could do.

Deleted
    It's still similar, you can outplay that turd for several waves, and nothing drops, then you get to buy and he gets full wave of souls. When things like that happen it's pure RNG garbage and not fair game. It does not matter that it's not as huge it's still RNG.

They really should reconsider that. And TBH they shouldn't make infinite scaling champions either.

Deleted
    The model looks pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Oh, I got crit and lost half my health, better go base before I get... *YOU HAVE BEEN SLAIN*" vs "Meh, drops on souls suck, am like 5 armour behind, better play a bit safer" - you really see no difference there?

I'd suggest a new pair of glasses, but I doubt that'd fix it.

Deleted
    It's still similar, you can outplay that turd for several waves, and nothing drops, then you get to buy and he gets full wave of souls. When things like that happen it's pure RNG garbage and not fair game. It does not matter that it's not as huge it's still RNG.

They really should reconsider that. And TBH they shouldn't make infinite scaling champions either.
    ... You always come up with the most ridiculous ideas. Skillshot champions bad because skillshots can miss, a few points of armour difference equal to critplank vanishing half your health randomly... By the time amount of souls gained is big enough to actually make any real difference it will even out, the RNG element beaten by statistics.

To those complaining about his ult... it's essentially Veigars wall... but it does dmg. It isn't bad, it's kinda amazing actually. I can see him being tailored more towards a mid champ with a few going support on him, kinda like lux lately.

10+ Year Old Account

Comparing super crits to this is a terrible comparison. Not the same in the slightest. The super crit was random and hurt like a bitch. The souls mechanic is a replacement for naturally scaling stats. When laning against him, it gonna be "Oh, he has little souls so he is squishier than a normal champ". Then if he gets a good wave he will be more in line with what you would see if someone had naturally scaling stats. Where it really gets interesting is beyond the laning phase when you start scaling over Natural stats. Essentially free defense for being near dying things, but the scaling also drops to 0.5 per soul after you hit a certain point, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Deleted
    Well, one thing is for sure, I'm betting a lot of Treshes will die on the laning phase to get the souls lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Well, one thing is for sure, I'm betting a lot of Treshes will die on the laning phase to get the souls lol.
    Someone mentioned the lantern being able to grab souls as well, so maybe he will just have perpetually low mana.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:19 PM ----------

Okay, the PBE isn't crowded so I was able to test soul generation. I had ~80 by 20 minutes. Siege minions (and probably super minions) always drop a soul. Your scaling starts at 1, and every soul until 50 lowers that by 0.01. So, first soul is 1, second is 0.99, third is 0.98, etc. Once you get 50 souls, every soul after that gives you a flat 0.5. I forgot to look at my stacks at 80, but at 50 I was around ~45 Armor and AP.

Damage outside his ult is mediocre. I don't see him being a good mid laner at all because there are less angles to grab people at. Top lane could work, but he isn't killing anyone alone unless they are dumb or squishy. Lantern grabs souls for you.

Also, one thing that I haven't seen anywhere and deals with his lantern. If you run outside the little range ring after casting it, the lantern disappears and you get the shield. In top lane this will be great, because if you have to back off you can cast lantern behind you and get the shield when running away.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2013-01-09 at 05:23 PM.