[Rift] Rogue speccing questions

I have been running the MM/Ranger spec - pretty much lovin' it and keeps me competitive (if not tops) and a few days ago I started noticing other rogues beating me in dps in Single Target fights. As I checked their abilities on the dps meter I was only familiar with the Ranger ones I saw listed.. head shot, splinter shot.. etc. What I found was this 'new' ranger/sab hybrid spec - which is really more a ranger/assassin spec honestly. I am very new to Sab and was hoping for some help with playing this spec.

So i have found plenty going over this spec on the internet - but they talk to you like you've been playing Sab for years...

If someone can go over the rotation here - very literally - I would greatly appriciate it. The part I am finally getting now is with the charges. Basically when I have 5 combo points BUT not 5 charges - i hit Head Shot, but if I have 5 charges regardless of combo points I hit detonate. <- I think, please tell me if I'm wrong.

If I am correct there the part i really need help with is the fillers - what is really my builder, when do i throw a shadow fire/splinter shot on, are there any other tiny nuances I should be made aware of.

Finally there is gearing this spec - I understand the Sab crystal is very important .. OK will get that. But, I also read this spec is much better when stacking Crit Power - is my current Attack power gear that horrible for this spec?

I appriciate your replies and advice - 5 months in Rift and still loving it. Free SL with a cheap year sub? PLEASE TAKE MY MONEIES!

I wouldn't worry about it too much and personally am sticking with MM/Ranger as they have admitted that this sab thing is a bug and will be fixed. I thought it was supposed to be fixed in todays Hotfix but was not, I am sure it will be by next week though. If you want to go through the hassle of setting up a spec and learning a rotation for something that will only be around for about a week go for it though. IMO, it is more trouble than it is worth and I will be sticking with MM/Rng, Tactman and Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it too much and personally am sticking with MM/Ranger as they have admitted that this sab thing is a bug and will be fixed. I thought it was supposed to be fixed in todays Hotfix but was not, I am sure it will be by next week though. If you want to go through the hassle of setting up a spec and learning a rotation for something that will only be around for about a week go for it though. IMO, it is more trouble than it is worth and I will be sticking with MM/Rng, Tactman and Bard.
    Yea that is the way I was handling it. I didn't get the Sab Crystal because i didn't want to waste 100 IS on something about to get nerfed.
    It's ashame - I actually kinda like this spec as something else to do from ranged.. plus it finally gave me a reason to do Sab.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Yea that is the way I was handling it. I didn't get the Sab Crystal because i didn't want to waste 100 IS on something about to get nerfed.
    It's ashame - I actually kinda like this spec as something else to do from ranged.. plus it finally gave me a reason to do Sab.
    Yeah, my GM and I(Class Leader) were just discussing this last night. It is kind of shitty that as a raiding rogue, if we want to DPS, we basically must go MM/Rng Hybrid. Anything else gets nerfed. Even melee specs, on fights that you actually can melee safely, perform less than MM/Rng. If you are still interested in the sab spec though, hit me up in game later tonight, I know several people that run it and can ask them the details, or just set you up with them so they can talk to you about it.