Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    The criteria for these "awards" is a joke. What am i saying there is no criteria, its a popularity contest.
    isn't that the problem of every award though?

I mean I kinda respected alot of them but since messi won over sneijder who didn't even reach top 3 when he won the tripple with inter (league/cup/CL) and came second place in the world cup while comeing in a tie for most goals scored from a midfield position, I've considered each competition a popularity contest cause sneijder really should have won a by a landslide that year but no messi somehow won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Aston Villa are absolutely awful, but then, what does that say about Arsenal...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eximess View Post
    Aston Villa are absolutely awful, but then, what does that say about Arsenal...
    nothing really I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Im sorry, a league that didnt even make it to the final of the CL, and wasnt even a close competition as a league got all 11 players? FIFA need to suck less Spanish cock, theyre a fucking joke.

When the back 4 contains anyone from the Spanish league (with maybe the exception of Puyol at times) you know its a fucking joke team.
    I don't see anything wrong with it?

I mean spain+messi would be the best team in the world xD

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Vidic and Kompany? Pretty much better than any defenders in Spain. Ashley Cole had a pretty good season in the CL too (which Chelsea won based on keeping teams like Barca out.)
    vidic didn't has a good year, and kompany well idk if he's better than pique or sergio ramos

but I'm kinda confused why alonso is there he isn't that good..

the only wrong thing of it was alonso and marcelo imo alba is better

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:27 PM ----------

Lukasz Piszczek at right back and Philipp Lahm at left, Lahm is at least 10x better then Alba. As for centre back, Mats Hummelsls, best in the game atm, and Kompany. Pirlo for Xavi and Yaya Toure for Xabi Alonso.

As for Goalkeeper, your choices are Neuer, Casillas, Buffon and Check. I don't think ether one had an exceptional season to be stronger choice over the others.

Spanish league is a joke, if you think you have good defense in Spain let me remind you that, Celtic (and Chelsea last year) contained Barca to 3(2) goals in 2 matches, while 90% of the Spanish teams concede 3 goals in a half against them.
    and why? cuz they use the train buss start, and it does work, italy won the wc and chelsea won cl with that gay start

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:28 PM ----------

Toure was the skeleton of the City team he did everything for them in their title winning campaign. Now is he worth the paycheck he gets, heck no but we aren't putting players here based on performance/cost numbers. Winning heck, even playing in the Euro's shouldn't be considered, it's called a FIFA World, not EURO. Lahm reached the CL final, outside of the Euro the only noteworthy thing Alba did was make a transfer to Barca.

The criteria for these "awards" is a joke. What am i saying there is no criteria, its a popularity contest.
    I agree, toure should be there instead of alonso

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    isn't that the problem of every award though?

I mean I kinda respected alot of them but since messi won over sneijder who didn't even reach top 3 when he won the tripple with inter (league/cup/CL) and came second place in the world cup while comeing in a tie for most goals scored from a midfield position, I've considered each competition a popularity contest cause sneijder really should have won a by a landslide that year but no messi somehow won.
    uhm it isn't about winning thing and shits.. otherwise xavi/iniesta(they both were amazing all the year) would be in the same spot there

anyway sneijder that year was good till the end of wc after that he wasn't that good

same this year, ronaldo was good till june after that.. nothing
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with it?

I mean spain+messi would be the best team in the world xD[COLOR="red"]

[
    Think you will find Spain without Messi is the best team in the World

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    uhm it isn't about winning thing and shits.. otherwise xavi/iniesta(they both were amazing all the year) would be in the same spot there

anyway sneijder that year was good till the end of wc after that he wasn't that good

same this year, ronaldo was good till june after that.. nothing
    well, that was the whole argument to messi winning was it 11, ronaldo scored in every league game that season and was generally being fantastic but messi won it cause barcelona won all the titles they could that season, with ronaldo winning the top scorer.

well, that was the whole argument to messi winning was it 11, ronaldo scored in every league game that season and was generally being fantastic but messi won it cause barcelona won all the titles they could that season, with ronaldo winning the top scorer.
    so you're trying to say that ronaldo should've won this cuz he won la liga?

and yeah ronaldo did like 45 goals that year,

messi doubled that so
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    so you're trying to say that ronaldo should've won this cuz he won la liga?

and yeah ronaldo did like 45 goals that year,

messi doubled that so
    not that year, messi doubled it now but not that year, so your saying he should win it cause he scored more this year? :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever way you see it, the selection they make is laughable. I'll start with the Balon d'Or. Messi won the Spanish Cup, topped his CL group and scored 90+ goals this season, and that's about it. Now scoring that many goals is a pretty big deal, but guess what they have an award for that, its called Golden Boot. To me it should be someone that has actually won something, but not in a country competition. You have awards for best player, team and goalscorer in tournaments already. You can consider it, but it shouldn't be the only thing that's important.

As for the team, i mean its a joke of a selection. Not a single player from the team that played in the CL final, the best club competition in the world, are you kidding me. They need to stop giving random journalists the right to decide, and actually make a panel of professionals and have some sort of guidelines when deciding. Until then it will be just some joke award given to the most popular player.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Haha Real Madrid game currently proving why the Spanish league can be a real joke at times. 2 balls on the pitch, np play on. Goalkeeper may as well be a wooden dude that is moved around with string.

If you think the "best 11" side is a joke, ladies & gentlemen I'll see your joke and raise you with Scottish "football" and it's latest idea for the future of the game, buckle up this could get messy!

The proposal is to switch from the status quo of 1 "Premier League" featuring 12 clubs & 3 "lower leagues" with a separate administrative structure featuring 10 clubs each to a new single body league setup, sounds marvelous, unfortunately devil's in the detail as they say. The proposal is a Premiership of 12 clubs, Championship of 12 clubs & National League of 18 clubs - the two top tiers would play 2 rounds of matches, there would then be a split into three leagues of 8 under the following:

The top 8 from the Premiership split to decide the champion, points are retained from the start of the season, winner takes it all with European places decided there after.

The bottom four from the Premiership & the top four from the Championship split into a league of 8, points would be reset & this league is used to decide promotion & relegation between the two tiers.

The bottom eight clubs in the Championship play to decide who drops into the National League.

Now if you followed that, I'm glad I made it simple enough, if your head is hurting, well, I can't say I'm surprised! That in theory means that a team that finishes NINTH in the premiership after 24 matches can be relegated to the championship & a team lying fourth in the championship can be promoted to the premiership. Also in theory means that the team that finishes bottom of the premiership can avoid relegation & the team atop the championship could (in theory) not be promoted.

This isn't a new structure, infact it was tried before, I believe in Austria or Switzerland in the 80's through 90's and it didn't work, you can see the flaws in the system a mile away yet for some reason they think it's a good idea "removing meaningless games". They are trying to push this through for the 13/14 season (i.e. next season) - meaning Rangers would be forced to stay in the lowest tier playing the same teams we're playing this season despite dominating the league. All to attempt to bring fans in the door (yeah right, that's not happening) & bring more money to the game up here (again, yeah right, that's not happening!) & reduce the number of meaningless games....

Rangers chief executive has slammed the proposal & stated it would essentially make our entire season meaningless pointing out the numerous deficiencies in the format & has announced Rangers are looking at their options for moving out of Scotland if this goes through.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    If you think the "best 11" side is a joke, ladies & gentlemen I'll see your joke and raise you with Scottish "football" and it's latest idea for the future of the game, buckle up this could get messy!
    Man you should have wrote "this could get Messi", crappy pun, but it made me laugh when i though of it ))
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

The proposal is to switch from the status quo of 1 "Premier League" featuring 12 clubs & 3 "lower leagues" with a separate administrative structure featuring 10 clubs each to a new single body league setup, sounds marvelous, unfortunately devil's in the detail as they say. The proposal is a Premiership of 12 clubs, Championship of 12 clubs & National League of 18 clubs - the two top tiers would play 2 rounds of matches, there would then be a split into three leagues of 8 under the following:

The top 8 from the Premiership split to decide the champion, points are retained from the start of the season, winner takes it all with European places decided there after.

The bottom four from the Premiership & the top four from the Championship split into a league of 8, points would be reset & this league is used to decide promotion & relegation between the two tiers.

The bottom eight clubs in the Championship play to decide who drops into the National League.

Now if you followed that, I'm glad I made it simple enough, if your head is hurting, well, I can't say I'm surprised! That in theory means that a team that finishes NINTH in the premiership after 24 matches can be relegated to the championship & a team lying fourth in the championship can be promoted to the premiership. Also in theory means that the team that finishes bottom of the premiership can avoid relegation & the team atop the championship could (in theory) not be promoted.

This isn't a new structure, infact it was tried before, I believe in Austria or Switzerland in the 80's through 90's and it didn't work, you can see the flaws in the system a mile away yet for some reason they think it's a good idea "removing meaningless games". They are trying to push this through for the 13/14 season (i.e. next season) - meaning Rangers would be forced to stay in the lowest tier playing the same teams we're playing this season despite dominating the league. All to attempt to bring fans in the door (yeah right, that's not happening) & bring more money to the game up here (again, yeah right, that's not happening!) & reduce the number of meaningless games....

Rangers chief executive has slammed the proposal & stated it would essentially make our entire season meaningless pointing out the numerous deficiencies in the format & has announced Rangers are looking at their options for moving out of Scotland if this goes through.
    sounds very much like the system they use for swedish hockey and it works kinda well for them I think but different sports I guess, we do not use that system for football for a reason I guess.

Deleted
    Sounds similar to the Welsh League, there is a split in the season. It's a bit of a mind bender.

BTW the Rangers chief exec is a douche, but that said not having Rangers involved would be like shooting yourself in the balls.

There's already a split in the SPL season & the situation where the team in 7th place can have more points than the teams above them - that was always a bit stupid but it was either that or they played 44 games! I like Charles Green, speaks his mind & isn't afraid to ruffle feathers, pretty much what was needed, he's got bad reputations down south but ultimately all he's done since he came up here is point out how stupid the entire setup of Scottish football is - with that being said he also just hired one of Scotland's more notorious sports journalists as our "media relations executive". Pissing people off is his aim and he's doing a fine job pissing the right people off.

So Chelsea are almost out of the COC after losing 0-2 to Swansea at SB...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyatch View Post
    So Chelsea are almost out of the COC after losing 0-2 to Swansea at SB...
    not really suprising chelsea is a good team but swansea isn't bad and I'd think the match means alot more to swansea then it does to chelsea.

Deleted
    There's already a split in the SPL season & the situation where the team in 7th place can have more points than the teams above them - that was always a bit stupid but it was either that or they played 44 games! I like Charles Green, speaks his mind & isn't afraid to ruffle feathers, pretty much what was needed, he's got bad reputations down south but ultimately all he's done since he came up here is point out how stupid the entire setup of Scottish football is - with that being said he also just hired one of Scotland's more notorious sports journalists as our "media relations executive". Pissing people off is his aim and he's doing a fine job pissing the right people off.
    I think there was something about how no one wanted to go to Swansea and how Aston Villa had such a high turnover was unfair as ultimatley they were shit in his opinion. That they should be allowed in the premier league. Just think it was a bit of a dig and for no reason.

Its been brewing for years that the two bigger teams in Scotland wasnt to play in the Premier League, and whats confusing is that there are Welsh clubs in the English Pyramid. Yet these teams are members of the FAW. You would think people in these positions of "power" would have sort of common sense and actually research a little before spewing shit.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:24 PM ----------

not really suprising chelsea is a good team but swansea isn't bad and I'd think the match means alot more to swansea then it does to chelsea.
    I would say it means more to Chelsea than it does to Swansea, League survival is what it's all about here. Media branding it as our biggest ever achievement if we were to win it and these two games the biggest in our history.

Well they don't come close to the Hull game. In 2003, James Thomas who is now an Ambulance driver scored a hattrick. We got him that year from Blackburn and he was injury prone as they come. It's mental that it's not even 10 years yet. Roberto Martinez was our captain that day, and Little Leon Britton probably the best holding midfield player in the Premier League was on the wing. He is 5" and a fart and is abso;utley superb.

To be fair, Chelsea completely dominated the game. Swansea were very lucky to take advantage of two rookie mistakes by Ivanovic. Still, fair play to them.
    I think they have really done well this year against the bigger teams considering their low budget and inexperienced squad.

Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    I think there was something about how no one wanted to go to Swansea and how Aston Villa had such a high turnover was unfair as ultimatley they were shit in his opinion. That they should be allowed in the premier league. Just think it was a bit of a dig and for no reason.

Its been brewing for years that the two bigger teams in Scotland wasnt to play in the Premier League, and whats confusing is that there are Welsh clubs in the English Pyramid. Yet these teams are members of the FAW. You would think people in these positions of "power" would have sort of common sense and actually research a little before spewing shit.
    Ah yeah I remember the comment now, it was Aston Villa & aimed at the population of the Premiership who essentially are quite happy being mediocre & only there to make up the numbers in order to take the revenue which goes along with being in the Premiership as part of a wider commentary on the absurdity of revenue in football. His comment was that it was idiotic that United's revenue from the league was £320m while Aston Villa who "are completely useless" get £250m - it would also be fair to point out he did apologise to Aston Villa and that no offence was intended merely offering an example. The comment was made during a wider discussion on the possibility of a European League to avoid smaller teams (in this case every team in Scotland not named Celtic or Rangers) being subsidised by big clubs - or essentially the precise thing that has happened in Scottish football for years.

On the anomaly of Welsh clubs playing in English leagues, that's significantly different, they generally tend to be under FAW administrative purposes BUT play in the FA league setup because it's more viable. (with the exception of Cardiff & Swansea who are under FA administrative setup) The Scottish League setup has always tended to be significantly more viable than the Welsh setup which is a lot less professional than the Scottish top tier was in the past. (key indicator would be to look towards Europe, Scottish clubs have had success there, Welsh clubs, yeah....) Essentially the truth is while neither will admit to it in public, the Old Firm would jump at the chance to join the FA - however there's key problems.

Firstly where the hell would they join, if they put us directly into league two you piss off the Conference clubs who play for the right to play there & well, that'll trickle down every level. Further to point one, you have to see that like it or not, the Old Firm are simply too big to accept being dropped into English league football at the conference level - neither Rangers nor Celtic would accept that, it demeans them both & is harmful to the companies. Secondly there's the fact we're not welcome, ultimately English football is the most up its own arse setup in the world, Scots playing there, get a grip, we'd be about as welcome in most places as cancer! Third is a simple logistics issue, Rangers v Plymouth Argyle or Celtic v Brighton - yep, that would have "PROBLEM" written all over it, especially in earlier seasons given the costs involved for smaller clubs, you draw 50,000 punters every second week you can absorb that, you draw 300 punters every second week you can't afford to be traveling to Glasgow!

The best situation for the Old Firm does involve the setup of a European League comprising clubs from other smaller nations - but UEFA will never sign off on that on the premise it would be a direct competitor to the Champions League & they'd see it as a devaluing effect. But ultimately the truth is that European football needs something to counter the fact some leagues are drawing massive revenue which essentially renders teams from other countries incapable of even a modicum of competition. Hell as it stands you see L2 clubs in England being able to pay players more than clubs in other countries. I know any team can beat any other on it's day, but it's becoming impossible for anyone outside England, Spain, Italy & Germany to compete in Europe.