View Poll Results: Loggin Screen customization?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • Yes

55 76.39%
  • No

17 23.61%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Title Screen Customization Poll

As title says! I know it is a small thing, but this would definitely be something other MMO's do not bring come expansions and such. Being able to change the login screen to older screens. For me I loved all the login screens, but to be able to choose the backround ( hey even one of our own screen shots) to music sound files that are available or even more premade backround (think Undercity concept art WITH the song sylvannas sings!)

I know it is something small but hey more customization and maybe even add things in game to smaller achievements to unlock cool stuff for this little feature!

Give any thought on this =D

Please no flaming or off topic complaints. =D If I can compile a list of awesome ideas to add to this I will compile an awesome suggestion thread to blizzard and hey give it a go the correct way =)

10+ Year Old Account
    There used to be ways to customize the login screen and music. IDK if they still work.

If there was (like an addon) then this might be even easier to get across to Blizzard to make streamlined seeming how they love to make great addons additions into their game =D

I'm not a fan of the MoP login screen at all, you got my vote for yes.

Deleted
    i really dont see the point in it, unless of course you spend a lot of time on the login screen.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i really dont see the point in it, unless of course you spend a lot of time on the login screen.
    I'm just going to throw a wild guess out there but, perhaps, it makes people happy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There used to be ways to customize the login screen and music. IDK if they still work.
    They probably do but all of them is against the ToS and might get you banned if you use them.

On the flip side, it harms nothing. I say sure, why not? Don't know that I'd be a super avid user of it, but the log in screen does get kinda old after looking at it (briefly) every day for a year and a half.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    As title says! I know it is a small thing, but this would definitely be something other MMO's do not bring come expansions and such. Being able to change the login screen to older screens. For me I loved all the login screens, but to be able to choose the backround ( hey even one of our own screen shots) to music sound files that are available or even more premade backround (think Undercity concept art WITH the song sylvannas sings!)

I know it is something small but hey more customization and maybe even add things in game to smaller achievements to unlock cool stuff for this little feature!

Give any thought on this =D

Please no flaming or off topic complaints. =D If I can compile a list of awesome ideas to add to this I will compile an awesome suggestion thread to blizzard and hey give it a go the correct way =)
    EQ's log in screen has, since at least SoL, been fully customization.

Like I said =) It is just something small to really add more customization to something more =) Nothing to special really just something to make the game more personal,

Some people like adding something of their own *mind* to something they enjoy,

Doing this would make the game more personal to you and bring some more interaction between you and something you just see to log on.

Might just be a dream but to hit the play button on the launcher and to see something I put together and customized would be something of just pure enjoyment =)

I would most likely go out into the world and take more personal screenshots so I could see them as I login and be like I have to top this idea =D,
    Some people might get this some might not hey its a poll after all

But more customization that won't effect the gameplay in any sort of manner *pet battles* is just more fun and something to spend time on doing =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    On the flip side, it harms nothing. I say sure, why not? Don't know that I'd be a super avid user of it, but the log in screen does get kinda old after looking at it (briefly) every day for a year and a half.
    i didn't say i was against it, just dont see the point. my password is pretty short and easy to type so i spend such a small amount of time on the login screen it would be pointless.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I'm just going to throw a wild guess out there but, perhaps, it makes people happy?

why should they be happy?

Slightly off topic but love the misspelling in the poll. Soon as I saw it I started humming Danger Zone.

i didn't say i was against it, just dont see the point. my password is pretty short and easy to type so i spend such a small amount of time on the login screen it would be pointless.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:32 PM ----------

why should they be happy?
    Please stop this =D

Share an idea and leave this as a brainstorming room, AVOID ANY SORT OF CHANCE AT STARTING A WAR =D

You stated your fact, now if you have nothing more then drop a vote and move on =)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's against the TOS now.

Deleted
    Please stop this =D

Share an idea and leave this as a brainstorming room, AVOID ANY SORT OF CHANCE AT STARTING A WAR =D

You stated your fact, now if you have nothing more then drop a vote and move on =)

so basically you only want people here who agree with you?

Deleted
    I'd much rather have them spend their resources on stuff in the game than a customisation option of a log in screen you see for what, 2 seconds?
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-01-09 at 10:51 PM.

so basically you only want people here who agree with you?
    No but I asked for ideas and a compilation, see in your first response I was ok with, you left your opinion

In responding to other post that I quoted you chose to bring up something that was already said and you voiced your opinion
    So I guess I should make things VERY BASIC for some posters.

If you do not like the idea, vote, give an idea to make it more interesting to you and discuss that way instead of calling it a waste of time =)

If you like the idea expand on it and start coming up with a cleaner way for us as a community to compile a list for blizzard in request for this.

I think this forum has no idea what a discussion is. You kind of have to give a decent post instead of words of "waste of time" and saying how much this won't effect you. Those are good feed back, but offer some sort of fix to MAKE it interesting to you, and if you cannot come up with one, then leave and not cause hate in a thread.

O hey what I just said is kind of what Blizzard wants from a request and forum, not something like I HATE IT! =D

I think it would be a fun idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    I'd much rather have them spend their resources on stuff in the game than a customisation option of a log in screen you see for what, 2 seconds?
    This guy gets it. If blizzard staff spent even a second on something as pointless as this, that's a second taken away from actual content.

Deleted
    If there was (like an addon) then this might be even easier to get across to Blizzard to make streamlined seeming how they love to make great addons additions into their game =D
    since the addons only work once a character has logged in this is not going to be of any use ...

and although i guess that it's a pretty senseless addition to the game and the group of people that would care is comparably small i'd still vote yes
    And i'd chose the good ol' BC login screen :P