Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Glyph of Unstable Affliction

So... they removed glyph of soul shards because it was an obvious dps increase which is what they wanted to move away from. Then made a glyph that reduces the cast time or ua by 25%?

wah?

Oh well FEL ARMOR 10% DAMAGE REDUCTION YEY!

Allows us to cast UA's in PvP again instead of spamming SB: SS. Let's use actually use Shards for Haunt now.

Deleted
    i dont think it will be mandatory for pve if you mean that. i dont think the glyph will reduce the gcd when casting ua, just the cast time. otherwise... ya you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Allows us to cast UA's in PvP again instead of spamming SB: SS. Let's use actually use Shards for Haunt now.
    So you saying you cannot cast UA but you can cast haunt just fine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    i dont think it will be mandatory for pve if you mean that. i dont think the glyph will reduce the gcd when casting ua, just the cast time. otherwise... ya you are right.
    The GCD isn't the issue in PvE. The lower the cast time the better, no matter where you are. It's gonna either become baseline or removed fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    So you saying you cannot cast UA but you can cast haunt just fine?
    My point it will be easier to freecast those UA's instead of using Shards for SB:SS. Is there a reading comprehension problem here or?

Less cast time means more globals for other things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalDestonaion View Post
    The GCD isn't the issue in PvE. The lower the cast time the better, no matter where you are. It's gonna either become baseline or removed fairly quickly.
    it would be only good, if warlocks wouldnt have kjc. but we have, so this glyph doesnt give you any dps gain if it doesnt lower the gcd, since ua is already has a gcd cast time if im not mistaken.
    but maybe im underestimating the glyph somehow

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    So... they removed glyph of soul shards because it was an obvious dps increase which is what they wanted to move away from. Then made a glyph that reduces the cast time or ua by 25%?

wah?

Oh well FEL ARMOR 10% DAMAGE REDUCTION YEY!
    *Whispers in your ear* Glyph of soul shards is Baseline to all warlocks

^^

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be only good, if warlocks wouldnt have kjc. but we have, so this glyph doesnt give you any dps gain if it doesnt lower the gcd, since ua is already has a gcd cast time if im not mistaken.
    but maybe im underestimating the glyph somehow
    You are

With the cast time of UA right now, the GCD won't matter because you'll still be casting when it's done. With the glyph, it will be under the GCD, but still a DPS increase. Just think, the faster you cast UA, the more time you have moving away from danger, which is flat out more mobility, survivability, and DPS. Because you can't top the meters when you're dead.

(I see what you're saying now)
    Last edited by FinalDestonaion; 2013-01-10 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Oops.

Deleted
    You are

With the cast time of UA right now, the GCD won't matter because you'll still be casting when it's done. Just think, the faster you cast UA, the more time you have casting Malefic Grasp, which is flat out more damage.

Just think: If all of our spells were instant, our DPS would be higher than Wiz Khalifa (yes i went there.), if everything had a 2 second cast time, our DPS would be terrible and Affliction wouldn't be as viable. It's a motto I heard from a guildie back in Wrath, when haste meant something: Cast faster, Cast better.
    thats were i think you are mistaken. jsut becaue you cast the ua faster you cant cast mg right away if your gcd isnt lowered with the glyphe, because ua is already at the gcd. so it means you cast ua faster, but fave to wait the gcd to cast mg.
    but IF the glyph also lowers the gcd, then you are right. but it doesnt sound like it will do.
    i hope someone who speaks better english can explain it better.
    Last edited by mmoca071fc0233; 2013-01-10 at 03:02 AM.

My point it will be easier to freecast those UA's instead of using Shards for SB:SS. Is there a reading comprehension problem here or?

Less cast time means more globals for other things.
    You didn't say easier, you said "allow", as if you never casted UA at all. But hey if you want people to interpret your posts better how about expressing yourself better in the first place?

And if you're worried about globals you should just keep sb:ssing no? Casting UA means you will have to cast agony and corr too manually so infact you'll be losing gcds in order to save shards for haunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats were i think you are mistaken. jsut becaue you cast the ua faster you cant cast mg right away if your gcd isnt lowered with the glyphe, because ua is already at the gcd. so it means you cast ua faster, but fave to wait the gcd to cast mg.
    but IF the glyph also lowers the gcd, then you are right. but it doesnt sound like it will do.
    Yeah I see what you mean there, but it's still going to be a mandatory glyph that will be nerfed or removed. The glyph will give you more damage, even if you think it wont. Because when you're waiting for your GCD to go up, do you know what the DoT is doing? Ticking. The less time you spend casting it, the better. If you had 2 people cast it at the same time, and refresh it at 1 second a few times, the person with the faster cast will do more DPS, because DPS is your damage per second, and when you're not casting it, it's dealing damage. Also it allows you to refresh it easier (if you're one of the affliction locks who don't hit cap like me.), because if you miss, you can cast it faster and refresh it without it falling off (hopefully).

Also, for pvp, the faster you cast, the less chance you get interrupted out of 99% of your spells.
    Last edited by FinalDestonaion; 2013-01-10 at 03:09 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah I see what you mean there, but it's still going to be a mandatory glyph that will be nerfed or removed. The glyph will give you more damage, even if you think it wont. Because when you're waiting for your GCD to go up, do you know what the DoT is doing? Ticking. The less time you spend casting it, the better. If you had 2 people cast it at the same time, and refresh it at 1 second a few times, the person with the faster cast will do more DPS, because DPS is your damage per second, and when you're not casting it, it's dealing damage. Also it allows you to refresh it easier (if you're one of the affliction locks who don't hit cap like me.), because if you miss, you can cast it faster and refresh it without it falling off (hopefully).
    i see what you mean, but you should open a fight with ss:sw and never let it run out, even when not hitcapped. it could just be useful if you have to open without ss:sw but i cant see a boss where i did that.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post

^^

^^^ this
    /10char

Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-01-11 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    You didn't say easier, you said "allow", as if you never casted UA at all. But hey if you want people to interpret your posts better how about expressing yourself better in the first place?

And if you're worried about globals you should just keep sb:ssing no? Casting UA means you will have to cast agony and corr too manually so infact you'll be losing gcds in order to save shards for haunt.
    My post indicated you wouldn't be using SB:SS at all, seldom actually. Which means that everything is hard-casted. My current UA Cast time is 1.4s, this Glyph will make it 1.05s, meaning I'll have more GCD's over the course of a long arena or BG GIVEN i'm not SB:SS.

I don't mean to offensive and I see how I was vague. My main point was we can save those Shards for damage via Haunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    i see what you mean, but you should open a fight with ss:sw and never let it run out, even when not hitcapped. it could just be useful if you have to open without ss:sw but i cant see a boss where i did that.
    Yeah, you always open with SB:SW, but what about during the fight? Haunt is crucial to our DPS, so what about when you have no shards and UA is about to fall off?

While I think the glyph is useful for pve, I imagine it won't reduce the GCD which means it could have a negative impact on spell queues. I think this glyph was implemented for affliction pvp pure and simple. It is very difficult to cast in pvp right now when someone is on you. This glyph effectively makes UA a 1s~ cast. However the real problem with affliction pvp remains the fact that our main spell is channeled, but this is a nice step in the right direction.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

dont agree,gcd is too long

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post

^^
    I know it's just the intention of removing the glyph and making it baseline because it was mandatory. Seems contrary adding something with a 25% castime reduction right after that.

You could whisper in my ear about burning embers 2 if you want

I wish they would've made a glyph that changed malefic grasp damage to frost or chaos damage instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Potente View Post
    ^^^ this
    /10char
    I lol'd.

I think that this glyph is a whatever glyph. UA's cast time is already so small that 25% isn't going to do much. I would much prefer to see a .5 second global on Lifetap again.