Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    ...or you're missing the obvious typo.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/104938-f...or#16408-16446

As in tooltip typo? Yeah it seems odd. I thought the old modifier was removed with this change. Just woke up in the middle of the night after 4h sleep, my bad.

Oh sweet there's T15 set bonuses out too.

Item - Warlock T15 DPS 2P Bonus (New) While Dark Soul is active, your chance to trigger Nightfall is increased by 30%, Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn consume 20% less Embers, and abilities cost 30% less Demonic Fury.
    Item - Warlock T15 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Your Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul deal 5% more periodic damage, your Incinerate has a 8% chance to generate twice the normal Embers, and your Shadow Bolt and Soul Fire grant 5% more Demonic Fury.

Anyone else thinking the 4P looks shit? Edit: Actually all 4P bonuses seem quite weak. I don't complain, though. I always have insanely bad luck with tokens.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-01-10 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    i like the 2p !

That 4p is just boring. The 2p doesn't look too bad, though it's not all that exciting either.

Other then that, I like these new changes

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    i like the 2p !
    So do I. It just looks cool.

I guess the weak 4P bonuses is to make it like in Cata where almost all classes had stronger 2P bonuses in T13 coming from T12. Like to the point where we will even taken LFR 2P over old heroic 4P.

I really can't wait for the new build to come to PTR. I haven't touched Warlock PvP knowing we're just getting nerfs. Time to prepare my char.

Let's hope they fix the target issue too so we can use AH and do BG's etc. Also please please give us LFR.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-01-10 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/104938-f...or#16408-16446
    Oh sweet there's T15 set bonuses out too.

Item - Warlock T15 DPS 2P Bonus (New) While Dark Soul is active, your chance to trigger Nightfall is increased by 30%, Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn consume 20% less Embers, and abilities cost 30% less Demonic Fury.
    Item - Warlock T15 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Your Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul deal 5% more periodic damage, your Incinerate has a 8% chance to generate twice the normal Embers, and your Shadow Bolt and Soul Fire grant 5% more Demonic Fury.
    does that 4 piece mean the ticks of the channels and not the extra dot ticks we get from them?

"causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal X% of their normal periodic damage"
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2013-01-10 at 03:18 AM.

I don't understand how GoSac can function in a game that has tier bonus's that work like our current 2p and the T15 4p.

It's either always going to be strong, because it removes all the negatives from pets, gives us some form of instant burst and interacts with tier bonus's or it has to be weak to the point that its use is only situational.

Sort of expecting a much more significant nerf to it, which is a shame cause pet AI is bloody pathetic and raids are blatently not designed with pets in mind. (Garalon/H Protectors).

I hope UA survives the incoming QQ wave from dispellers, it was a needed change to make affliction more pvp viable. It'll still be a bit much for other classes to swallow but UA wasn't doing it's job of being dispel protection properly. So excited that I'll bring more utility to RBG's if this goes through!

As for the blood fear change, I think this makes it a decent talent to take now in pvp, although the burning rush change does make it competitive. Though the way to use BF becomes reactive rather than precast, which the 5% health cost affords us (it no longer suffers the inability of being used when we're having our faces mashed in by melee like unbound will does); although you are taking a gamble if let's say both a melee and a pet are beating on you but at least it's an affordable gamble.

As for fel armor damage reduction hell yeah! It's not the 15% that some other casters get but I'll definitely take what I can get especially with all our defensive cd's. a less squishy afflock sounds mighty tasty.

Combined with the reduction of burst the days of pressure master affliction seem to be making a comeback.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    does that 4 piece mean the ticks of the channels and not the extra dot ticks we get from them?

"causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal X% of their normal periodic damage"
    It has to be the whole package. Which is a DPS increase of 2-2.5% I think.

Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post

One would assume that's how it works. Hopefully anyway.
    The two piece only means you stop prepooling shards before DS as Aff like you do now. Shrug.

It says build 16446 in the login screen which seems to be the new one according to the post on the front page here. I can't get past character screen either so I assume the changes are being done now.

Edit: Logged on and the changes are live!

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    One would assume that's how it works. Hopefully anyway.
    The two piece only means you stop prepooling shards before DS as Aff like you do now. Shrug.
    Not necessarily seeing you use them up pretty quickly anyway, might just end it with 3-4 shards instead of sitting empty afterwards.

For Destro and Demo however it will now be even more punishing if you have not saved up enough embers/fury when using DS than before, not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

There is no way that sac pact is gonna go live. It is just way too freaking OP for non-pet locks. You lose 25% of your own health to gain a shield that absorbs 4x the lost health (using at 100% hp, you get a shield absorption of your maximum health)....yeah, no way that will go.

What do you mean? 527k absorb for 20s if you pop it with Shadow Bulwark. Seems completely fine.

I'm very curious to see Destro's sims with the set bonuses.
    Last edited by Ravoks; 2013-01-10 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Got mistaken with a talent

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    They are on the same tier, you can't have both.

I'm very curious to see Destro's sims with the set bonuses.
    ???? Are you sure you know Warlock? Shadow Bulwark is obtained form saccing Voidwalker (T5), Sac Pact is T3. You can definitely have both.

Might introduce an exception for sac pact with GoSac like they did with chaos bolt, that would be my guess as to how they handle it.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

Well you rarely sac Voidy in arenas. Most people seem to stick to Spell Lock for the healer even if they play versus cleaves. Especially now when we get Whiplash from Succubus I doubt people will sac VW.

Sac Pact is still a close to 400k absorb in full PvP gear. It seems a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    ???? Are you sure you know Warlock? Shadow Bulwark is obtained form saccing Voidwalker (T5), Sac Pact is T3. You can definitely have both.
    Yeah I just noticed that, was replying during raid so I probably wasn't thinking clearly. My bad lol.
    Last edited by Ravoks; 2013-01-10 at 05:39 AM.

where are our ccs?Can it be no way?

Fire Mage is a little nerfed though, In Cataclysm, Fire Mages where much better.