Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killingifrit View Post
    go talk to a psychiatrist if you cant contain your anger. perhaps anger management classes? there is never ever any excuse to rage or hurl insults at other players. if you do that, ur just a bully. nobody likes a bully.

no matter how stupid or bad people are that i play with, in any game, i never get mad at them. if the same person keeps wiping a raid in wow, i just lol. if somebody is feeding the opposing team in dota or lol, i dont care.
    You must have not been very serious in the games you have played.

When you play with a good player, add them to your friends list. Slowly build it up and see if you can get them to queue with you again. Whenever you can reduce the number of idiots on your team, you are stacking the deck in your favor.

A role like jungler might be a good fit for you then, especially one that can carry a bit. When a lane is feeding (because they are being outplayed), go put out that fire. Gank it hard until your guys catch up or get ahead in gear. Late in the game, I always find people that want to break away from the group. Keep your team together, and politely encourage them. If you are winning team fights, say so and bait your guys into staying together so we can keep winning. If you aren't, tell them the reason and say something like our only chance is to stay together and if we focus (their most fed player), and ignore their tanks or don't chase that one guy, kill his friends after he runs.

At the end of the day, you'll lose half your games. I don't think surrendering is ever a good idea, but at the same time, you have to let some games go. Learn what you can out of them. Maybe try a different build or try something you rarely do like backdooring.

If your guys have bad map awareness, ward for them. Even if it erodes your personal power a bit, a sightstone really can be powerful tool (especially with teleport).

If someone's building oddly or badly, then give them a suggestion. Often times people don't alter their builds depending on who is dangerous on the other team. If they have 4 AD characters, suggest everyone buy thornmail. One can offer suggests without being a jerk or cursing.

Even if you are down kills, you can still win alot of games through dragon control or better minion farming and the huge shut down payouts. I've been down 40-60 kills and still won the game through an ace and a strong push to their base.

Basically getting angry serves no purpose. It is just a distraction stopping you from victory. I was laning as Sona with a Miss Fortune, the other day and she kept dying and then I'd get a double kill. By the third encounter (with the enemy jungler coming to try to stop us), I was 5-0-3 and She was 3-3-5 but she never berated me taking all the kills after she was dead. She laughed and said at least she was getting all the assists. We pushed our turret, and the minions, and then roamed to help the other lanes. We did a 4 man gank on the enemy blue, and then their mid and eventually they had two characters rage quit and we won, what I thought was a lost game (top was feeding hard). The enemy Ashe gave up because she was getting berated by her team for dying to the support and their Evelyn got angry that were ganking her constantly with 4 people. I really feel the game was won by our sportsmanship and team play. It would have been easy for fortune to rage at me for getting fed or at our top for feeding. The key was looking for the sliver lining and helping the weaker players not cause us to lose. Yeah, I know sucks to have to prop your teammates up, but if you can't make your own premade, that's probably the best role for you to carry the game. I don't think anyone goes into the game saying, let's lose this.

I just try to make myself laugh. Works for me. What you could do also which helped me was record a cheesy/stupid/funny song, commercial or Youtube video and play it to yourself. I almost fell out of my chair laughing after I was about to throw something at my computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I play solo queue I always expect everyone else to be bad. So when they start feeding it is to be
    expected and if they don't I consider they are doing very well. This way you can't really get upset about
    your teammates and the only reason to get mad is that you played bad yourself.

If that doesn't help, well try doing some push ups, squats or whatever when you are dead.

One other thing that helped me was to play some CS:GO 5v5. Even if your loss is because of your teammate
    doing basically nothing, if you would have shot everyone to the head you would have won the game yourself.

This doesn't apply to mobas so well, but if your mid is 0-7, why aren't you 10-0?

Deleted
    Raging never really accomplishes anything.

Also, keep in mind that while you're seeing someone on your team dying dying dying dying and you're tempted to scream at them for being incompetent, are you actually following exactly what's happening to them?

I've had games where the opposing team were going 3v1 in my lane right from the start, only occasionally having someone run off to hit the other lanes and just putting one champ each in the other two lanes most of the time, I kept requesting help and doing my best to keep them from overrunning me but all I got for it was two or three others on my team screaming at me that I was a noob. Because that really helps when you're fighting three other champs on your own from lvl1 and don't have a chance to level up because the moment you show yourself they kill you. By the end of those games there would always be at least one idiot on my team screaming at everyone to report me for being so shitty(!) yet I received no help in fending off the three champs that would gang up on me all the time...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    Raging never really accomplishes anything.

Also, keep in mind that while you're seeing someone on your team dying dying dying dying and you're tempted to scream at them for being incompetent, are you actually following exactly what's happening to them?

I've had games where the opposing team were going 3v1 in my lane right from the start, only occasionally having someone run off to hit the other lanes and just putting one champ each in the other two lanes most of the time, I kept requesting help and doing my best to keep them from overrunning me but all I got for it was two or three others on my team screaming at me that I was a noob. Because that really helps when you're fighting three other champs on your own from lvl1 and don't have a chance to level up because the moment you show yourself they kill you. By the end of those games there would always be at least one idiot on my team screaming at everyone to report me for being so shitty(!) yet I received no help in fending off the three champs that would gang up on me all the time...
    And then there's -that- guy who counterpicks himself, tries to kill their opponent really early, gives first blood, comes back on lane, tries to do it again, fails again, then at minute 5 they're 0/4 with 3 CS and typing their fingers off at the jungler "OMG NO GANKS FFS" while their lane is pushed right under the enemy tower. This is what most people rage about :P

But yes, as Juzalol said higher up, always go into a game with the premise that everyone but you will feed, pick your champ accordingly and do your best to carry them. Still, some people just can't be carried.

There are many factors that contribute to a player doing poorly in a game. A single mistake in line can lose it for you. High pressure from jungler/roamers. You can get hard countered your pick. Forced into a line/champ you have little experience in. Players who throw a fit because some combination of these happen are unreasonable. It's literaly every game, somebody loses a lane and report spam happens. I don't understand what's the point of reporting for unskilled ... you are at the same elo, so you are either not much better than them or you will not stay at that elo for long, so why throw a hussle over it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    I've accepted the fact that before I play, I tell myself there is a high chance I'll get stuck with worthless allies or trolls. I then try to do my best and ignore these plays in the game, and just try again. Nothing improves if I make myself mad. It only makes everything worse.

I used to rage a lot as well but that's no longer the case

Couple of things that helped me:

-Turn off /all chat. For me /all chat is just there to annoy your enemy. For example when I jungle and my gank completely fails, the enemy would laugh at me and I would loose focus etc.
    -Mute. As soon as anyone talks in caps, flames others, is rude or I just had a feeling this "team mate" is going to ruin my mood/game, I instantly mute.
    -Paying attention to my win/loss, not my elo. As long as I got more wins than looses I'm happy.
    -Solo q attitude. Assume everyone is unskilled and expect no help from anyone, ever. It's entirely up to you to win the game and no one else. You are the most important member of the team and if you think this fight will kill you, run. Example; If your team decides to go Baron after the enemy inhib is down, their health is low, the enemy team is about to spawn, decide what is best for YOU. If people whine/complain, mute them. I know this all sounds selfish etc but that is why it's called SOLO q.
    -It goes both ways. If you are a good player then you already have 20% chance to win while the enemy team has no chance.
    -Play when you feel good.
    -Stop playing when you feel bad/down.
    -Understand the weakness of your CHAMPION vs other CHAMPIONS and decide whether it's good to fight or to run. Do not take it personally when you loose or win.
    -Set realistic goals and give yourself time to achieve them. My goal is to get Gold border in S3 and I will get that.

The above has worked for me and doesn't mean it'll work for you but you can give them a try.
    Last edited by Mortezu; 2013-01-10 at 05:26 PM.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!