Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Blazing Speed replaces Blink

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blazing Speed Also frees the caster from stuns and bonds, and makes them immune for the duration. Replaces Blink.
    Are they like, intentionally trying to make Blazing Speed an even worse talent? So now it replaces blink, making it even worse. It doesn't even teleport you forward.

Edit: I played around on the PTR and it does, in fact, do the following:

- Replaces Blink completely (Huge nerf)
    - Doesn't teleport you forward like Blink does (Depending on what you do, a huge nerf or buff)
    - Makes you fully immune to stuns/bonds, removes them as well, and SUPPRESSES snares for the duration (does not REMOVE snares) (slight buff; HUGE buff in random pug BGs, but in skill RBGs/Arenas, this is just a very tiny buff as anyone with half a brain will wait the GCD to stun you. It's simply too short.)
    - It really does last as long as 1 global cooldown (Assuming you're a caster w/o Haste or you use Strength as a primary stat) (not a nerf nor buff, but just fucking stupid)

I honestly am shocked that any developer would come up with such a horrible idea. If BLINK replaced Blazing Speed, it might be a little different (but still bad), but this... This is just a hot mess.

TL;DR: Blink isn't being removed. It's being replaced ONLY IF YOU PICK Blazing Speed. Stop saying you're sad to see an ability go when it's only linked to a shit talent.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-01-10 at 11:58 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blazing Speed Also frees the caster from stuns and bonds, and makes them immune for the duration. Replaces Blink.
    Are they like, intentionally trying to make Blazing Speed an even worse talent? So now it replaces blink, making it even worse. It doesn't even teleport you forward.
    well you get a duration immune so that's a plus

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    At the sacrifice of having both a sprint and blink or blink and ice barrier.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

...Yes, because a 150% movement speed stun/root/snare break that makes you immune to said effects for 1.5 seconds while being on a 15 sec CD is so much less appealing than a teleport forward that breaks stuns/snares/roots.

With Blazing Speed, you have a GCD to freeze people in place, etc. to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    ...Yes, because a 150% movement speed stun/root/snare break that makes you immune to said effects for 1.5 seconds while being on a 15 sec CD is so much less appealing than a teleport forward that breaks stuns/snares/roots.

With Blazing Speed, you have a GCD to freeze people in place, etc. to get away.
    Without an Ice Barrier or Temporal Shield.. No ty.

Now to the OP's point, Yes this is incredibly stupid change, as before you could have both blink and blazing speed and it was awesome, but still a bit hampered by IB and TS being lots lots and lots better. Now wouldn't be totally surpriced if even those mages that liked blazing speed and found it incredibly good for to epeen for meters, are going to roll IB/TS once again, making Blazing speed the least used talent again..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    At the sacrifice of having both a sprint and blink or blink and ice barrier.
    Exactly, and imagine the situations or boss mechanics like 4 kings' Flanking Orders where you could just blink through. This talent is utterly useless in PvE.
    1,5sec immobilize immunity... I doubt 1 GCD will make up for other 2 talents in any case.

Blizzard seriously cant make up their minds with talent changes this expansion. Blazing Speed, Second Wind, blade flurry, taste for blood has been changed back and forth so many damn times...

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just replace Blazing Speed with Improved Blink, honestly.

Now even -fewer- people will take Blazing Speed, and they will probably nerf Ice Barrier again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Blizzard seriously cant make up their minds with talent changes this expansion. Blazing Speed, Second Wind, blade flurry, taste for blood has been changed back and forth so many damn times...
    Tbh the blade flurry change is 1 that has been needed for 2 expansions now.. Now they can buff combats single target a bit so it wont be totally op on 2 target fights anymore..

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Now even -fewer- people will take Blazing Speed, and they will probably nerf Ice Barrier again.

Its such a fail for them not to see that Blazing Speed had no place in tier 2 in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would infer that the blink GCD bonus on pvp gloves would transfer over to blazing speed with this talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

I Think that Blazing Speed is a great idea. But for PVP more than for PVE though.

Deleted
    Something like: After u Blink u get 50% more Runspeed for 10 seconds?.
    Or maybe: If u break a root/Stun/immobilize with Blink u get 50% more Runspeed for 15 seconds.
    Or maybe: For 3 seconds after u blink u can activate Blink a second time and get 75% Runspeed for 15 seconds, but increases the cooldown of blink by 10 secs.
    Values are all not set in stone.
    A small runspeedincrease after blink would be nice on some entcounters in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only 1 who uses Blazing Speed in PvE? I liked the initial change removing the need to get hit. This change sucks.

With glyph of blink, I would argue that it may actually compete against the actual blink spell...IF it wasn't at the cost of temporal shield or ice barrier.

Sorry blizz, still not worth it. Maybe on bladelord if I can traverse more ground then with blink, but that's about it.

Allow us to keep blink, put blazing speed to a 30 second cooldown with a 3 second duration, and I would consider it. Remember blizzard, we are sacrificing Temporal Shield or Ice Barrier to get this. It can't have this many drawbacks, especially not getting rid of blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Am I the only 1 who uses Blazing Speed in PvE? I liked the initial change removing the need to get hit. This change sucks.
    I do, but its beaten by the other 2 in progression, but at least I don't have to waste tomes now to use the new blazing speed come 5.2 farm, though the immunity to stuns, slows and roots might get some abuse in PvE if there is such a chance.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 07:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post

Allow us to keep blink, put blazing speed to a 30 second cooldown with a 3 second duration, and I would consider it. Remember blizzard, we are sacrificing Temporal Shield or Ice Barrier to get this. It can't have this many drawbacks, especially not getting rid of blink.
    Rather move it to tier 1 talents and let all mages have PoM, and ofc keep Blink and no silly removals/immunities

I'd like to officially go on record and state:

The Blazing Speed change is one of the single most moronic changes that has been made to the game of late.

Its completely uncalled for. Makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. And is a massive nerf to any mage who used to use both Blazing speed and Blink.

I seriously cannot imagine a single scenario where I would want to replace Blink with another spell that does the EXACT SAME THING.

Blink, by its very nature, makes us immune to stuns and snares during its duration (which is instant). There is absolutly no benefit for REPLACING one over the other.

Plus, this change pretty much makes mages the single least mobile caster. I mean ffs. Wtf is blizzard thinking...???

Why do we even bother???

I swear.. Blizzard has just lost their minds now. Fuck this game really.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I want to cause you physical pain.

MAIN POINT:
    Lemme see if I can calm down enough to make a coherent point.

THe entire POINT of blazing speed is that it increases our survivability by allowing us to gain RANGE on top of blink. This is of paramount importance since everyone and their mothers' has gap closing and/or getting back into range options coming out of their asses right now.
    Its tier (tier 2) is all about SURVIVABILITY. Ice Barrier, Temporal Shield and the non-moronic Blazing Speed, are all ways of INCREASING mage SURVIVABILITY. pre-moron BS did this by giving us the ability to gain distance on TOP of blink.

The new mor0nified Blazing Speed does not do this. It REPLACES our survivability with something that does THE EXACT SAME THING. The only difference is that we can cast spells during BS. HOWEVER, that benefit is mute, since Blink is an INSTANT teleport from A to B. Hence, the time we lost getting from A->B yet still being able to cast gets nullified by the fact that Blink gets you from A to B instantly.

I mean, I look at this. The logic is clear as day for anyone to see (yes, even complete idiots can see it), then how, do tell, HOW does a change like this not only get to the PTR, but how does a completely RETARDED idea like this even get past the design team meeting phase.

Do you seriously expect me to believe that when some absolute moron mentioned this idea in the design room that not a single other designer looked at him and said "dude, thats a moronic idea" and laughed him out the room?
    How did this even get to the stage where they got some poor sodding coder to code up the change and then have it rolled in to their internal builds of the game (that the entire company has been playing for weeks now) and then somehow it got pushed to live.

I mean SERIOUSLY guys, did not a single person at blizz look at this change and go "WTF are those idiots doing??"

If this change, or anything of its sort goes live. I'm really, REALLY done with this shitfest of a game.
    Last edited by zomgDPS; 2013-01-10 at 08:05 AM.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by adibandi; 2013-01-10 at 08:32 AM. Reason: enrage

I would GLADLY relinquish Ice Barrier for Imp Blink (70% sprint for 3s after Blink)

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    I would infer that the blink GCD bonus on pvp gloves would transfer over to blazing speed with this talent?
    Lol you're funny. Blazing Speed doesn't have a GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yes. You are a very, very, VERY small minority that actually uses this talent at all (PvE or PvP). It's pretty garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    With glyph of blink, I would argue that it may actually compete against the actual blink spell
    Lolno. It's not. There are SO many mechanics I can cheese by teleporting through them.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    I'd like to officially go on record and state:

The Blazing Speed change is one of the single most moronic changes that has been made to the game of late.
    ^ is all you need to say. This change pretty much clears up any and all doubt that Blizzard has no idea wtf Mages are anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno...200% increased movement speed+stun immunity+stun break? That actually sounds good. Some have said that Blink already grants stun immunity...no, no it doesn't. The second you Blink, anyone and anything is free to stun you again. Paralytic Poison, Double Time, etc. all make me wish for another way to get out of stuns, and this basically grants that. It's a great talent for 3v3/5v5 and RBGs (Slow Fall+Blazing Speed= flag cleared half the map before the other team can react, possibly getting it to your tank before he could pick it up himself), it all depends on how useful Ice Barrier remains as damage ramps up in each season.

For me it's wait and see. I can see the potential for the talent, yet I would lament losing another (though I would LOVE getting some binding space back on my keyboard). However, I'm not calling it a success and neither am I flipping my proverbial shit over something I have yet to test...like the rest of you. Calm down and if you "feel to enraged to post"...then don't, there have been some borderline posts in here, so warning is given.
    BfA Beta Time

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    got it , i will delete it better, and yes, better wait, but replacing a talent that was implemented 8 years ago... really sucks.. really, and i easily associate the blink with a mage, and never with speed