[Resto] So, new set bonuses. How long will we be holding onto T14 2pce?

Item - Druid T15 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Swiftmend’s ground effect can now heal up to 4 targets each time it heals.
    Item - Druid T15 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) The healing done by your Rejuvenation increases by 6% each time it causes healing.

2 piece seems to be hit or miss. Fantastic (33% boost) on stacking fights, but useless on fights where you won't be stacking. 4 piece is just a nice fat healing boost. Seems good at first glance, but I'll let somebody else do the math.

However, the current 2 piece for 10% off of Rejuvs just seems like it will be too strong to drop. Will we have another T13 situation where Resto Druids sat on Heroic 2 piece T12 until they had full heroic T13? Seems like it will end up that way to me, seeing as Rejuv is generally 25% of our healing.

Thoughts?

Imagine if the 4P didn't expire, just keep RJ up and non stop 6% love over and over... if only a pipe dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Think the 4P is affected by haste? The more tick we get the more 6% increase we get therefore increasing haste breakpoint's values?
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

With the buff to SotF also listed in the PTR, that 2p could end up being very weak compared to our current 4p. The 3 seconds on its own isn't huge, but the 3 seconds combined with a 70% hasted WG is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pol-Kinabol View Post
    Think the 4P is affected by haste? The more tick we get the more 6% increase we get therefore increasing haste breakpoint's values?
    The next breakpoint for rejuv after 3043 is somewhere at 13k haste. I doubt that's possible to even get close to.

a lot of those buffed end ticks tend to go into overhealing though. at least, for the more average player, such as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    a lot of those buffed end ticks tend to go into overhealing though. at least, for the more average player, such as myself.
    Even in heroics they're most likely going to end up being overhealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    That is intended look at then new mushroom tooltip... Rejuv overhealing FTW?¿

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    That is intended look at then new mushroom tooltip... Rejuv overhealing FTW?¿
    ooh maybe.

is this blizzards answer to giving druids some form of absorb or 'stored' healing mechanic?

Deleted
    Well I find the new bonuses to be very underwhelming.. in 10 man raid the two Piece bonus will barely be off any relevance for most boss encounter not encourage stacking the increased healing of 4 Piece Bonus seems nice but in the end it wont be of much effect. Cause the strongest ticks of this will be mostly over heal then and yes you have the shroom effect, but its like with the stacking, without have a fixed place where to run you cant predict where to put the shrooms so that they will the right targets. I tried to cluster some at every gate at horridon but most of the time people will have to dodge some AoE or i only hit a full healed target producing even more overheal also if you set up new mushrooms they wont keep that stacked absorbed heals. I just found the other bonuses more useful....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the t15 4PC is SO OVERPOWERED for tortos heroic ! here the log of my kill yesterday ill let u think about it http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i4...=10922&e=11408

Quote Originally Posted by zdignity View Post
    Well the t15 4PC is SO OVERPOWERED for tortos heroic ! here the log of my kill yesterday ill let u think about it http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i4...=10922&e=11408
    I know you're not here for this but: How in the crap is your wild growth so low? You could have blown them out of the water even more with proper management...

As a 10 man druid that is now 10/12 normal, I don't really like the t15 2pc. The tanks and melee are almost never grouped close enough together. The only fight it really shines on is Megaera. However, I did not have heroic 2p t14 so the stats made more sense to me than the 10% off the rejuv cost. As for t15 4pc, I agree that it will mostly be overheal, encouraging the use of mushrooms. Now if only more fights allowed tight stack points...
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    As a 10 man druid that is now 10/12 normal, I don't really like the t15 2pc. The tanks and melee are almost never grouped close enough together. The only fight it really shines on is Megaera. However, I did not have heroic 2p t14 so the stats made more sense to me than the 10% off the rejuv cost. As for t15 4pc, I agree that it will mostly be overheal, encouraging the use of mushrooms. Now if only more fights allowed tight stack points...
    Yeah, I find it a bit funny that they stated specifically mushrooms are not to be part of our rotation and yet they build this set bonus to purposely help fill them up faster. Yet another time where Blizz says something about druid and then one patch/expansion later goes the completely opposite direction. At this point you basically always want mushrooms out even if they'll only heal you otherwise it's a waste.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I know you're not here for this but: How in the crap is your wild growth so low? You could have blown them out of the water even more with proper management...

Wild growth wasn't good enough to fill up people asap on this fight due to the intensive damage and 2 healing it, our priority was filling tanks so they get the full shield to absorb most of the damage and raid healing didn't require wild growth because of the shield. I used a safe way and rejuv is quite op with the 4 piece bonus set.

Resto druid in 10/25 aren't there to shine in the meters. We are kind of support class and trying to fit a spot in the raid as healing or dpsing.

You will usually have to swap spec most of the time if you aren't 3 healing a fight. All our direct/hots goes after Absorbs from paladin/priest/monk. There is no way you can compete them. You will want to spam heal as much as you can and not going spell power. All we do is over healing most of the fight, yes ! If you can manage cooldowns with your other healers you will be more effective.

Mushroom is useful for tank and spank fight or even for fight that you know that your tank is having a static spot, you will use it way more often on tank than the raid thats the reality. Tank are considered to take high amount of damage and raid dps should be aware in not standing in bad shit and using personal cd to reduce damage. Plus tank doesnt move too much compared to dps. So use shrooms on tanks if they go low hp it will just fill up his bar and save a death.

I don't know whats ur gear look like but I tried all possibility and the best is going 3043 haste > spirit > mastery with trinket shado pan. manage your cooldown when intensive healing is coming and keep spamming hots non-stop !

Your playing normal modes so having too much spirit isn't good for you, fight doesn't last that long and damage is low so prioritize spellpower over spirit, 9k spirit is good for normal mode.

If you plan going on heroic content you will want to stacks spirit all the way and never look back.
    Last edited by zcrooked; 2013-04-18 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zdignity View Post
    Wild growth wasn't good enough to fill up people asap on this fight due to the intensive damage and 2 healing it.

Resto druid in 10/25 aren't there to shine in the meters. We are kind of support class and trying to fit a spot in the raid as healing or dpsing.

You will usually have to swap spec most of the time if you aren't 3 healing a fight. All our direct/hots goes after Absorbs from paladin/priest/monk. There is no way you can compete them. You will want to spam heal as much as you can and not going spell power. All we do is over healing most of the fight, yes ! If you can manage cooldowns with your other healers you will be more effective.

Mushroom is useful for tank and spank fight or even for fight that you know that your tank is having a static spot, you will use it way more often on tank than the raid thats the reality. Tank are considered to take high amount of damage and raid dps should be aware in not standing in bad shit and using personal cd to reduce damage. Plus tank doesnt move too much compared to dps. So use shrooms on tanks if they go low hp it will just fill up his bar and save a death.

I don't know whats ur gear look like but I tried all possibility and the best is going 3043 haste > spirit > mastery with trinket shado pan. manage your cooldown when intensive healing is coming and keep spamming hots non-stop !

If your playing with hard-casual player you will never top metters, if you do your other healing are terribad.

people who use 8500 spirit in this forum are retarded and aren't doing heroic content, I'm currently sitting @ 14500 mp5 almost and I can end-up a fight with 10% mana if alot of mistakes are made or even 80% mana if everything goes perfectly. So keep stacking spirit you you want to do heroic you will need alot of it!
    Retarded? Really. So the way you play is the only right way to play. What a load of shit, there is two ways of playing, high spirit and blanketing the raid or actually being smart and having higher output and not needing to spam like crazy. I 2 heal alongside a disc priest, on heroic fights, and am quite comfortable with 9k spirit. Ending a fight with 80% mana means you simply have too much. As a healer, yeah sure we can cover a mistake or two but it's not our job to allow people to be lazy, so if you're burning too much mana to cover you're lazy dps mistakes, the problem doesn't lie with how much spirit but in bad dps.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    Retarded? Really. So the way you play is the only right way to play. What a load of shit, there is two ways of playing, high spirit and blanketing the raid or actually being smart and having higher output and not needing to spam like crazy. I 2 heal alongside a disc priest, on heroic fights, and am quite comfortable with 9k spirit. Ending a fight with 80% mana means you simply have too much. As a healer, yeah sure we can cover a mistake or two but it's not our job to allow people to be lazy, so if you're burning too much mana to cover you're lazy dps mistakes, the problem doesn't lie with how much spirit but in bad dps.
    armory please?
    WoL also

Ok and why is all best druid from top guild that play "Resto" as a off-spec because they know that balance/guardian is even better doesn't use 9k spirit? Who the fuck are you and your playing for who mr. Gags I 2 heal alongside disc priest on heroics content !
    Last edited by zcrooked; 2013-04-18 at 10:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread was necro'd and immediately spiraled into personal attacks. No need to keep it open. Closing thread.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre