10H Progression Path Question

So we're sitting at 9/16H and I'm trying to decide where we should focus on next.

I'm looking at Vizier, Ambershaper, Lei Shi, and Protectors. Our comp is the following

Prot Paladin
    Feral Druid

Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman that is our flex dps as Elemental

DPS Warrior
    Mage
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Shadow Priest

Based on that comp, what would the recommended order be? Thanks in advance, it's one thing to talk about it amongst ourselves but feedback from those ahead of us currently would be great to hear.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2013-01-08 at 01:19 PM.

I would go lei shi>vizier>protectors(havent downed them yet but all the others)>ambershaper>empress

vizier and ambershaper were a pain in the ass for our raid group, empress was pretty easy with 2 discipline priest(your shadow should get some heal gear :P ) lei shi died after like 7 pulls.
    Lei Shi is by far the easiest, just handle the scary fog right and you should be fine. and it is dropping a T token

difficulty wise it depends. vizier is easiest if your group is good on awareness(disks), ambershaper is easy if at least 1 of ur tanks are good and can handle being in the construct the entire phase 2 keeping stacks on the boss + interrupting self while anyone else who gets MC'd interrupts themselves and the monstrosity before being broken out. lei shi and protectors are dps/heals heavy with lei shi being rng based(getting more hides than get aways) and beating the enrage.

Vizier can be very RNG dependant with the MCs and attenuation in P3 but shouldn't be too difficult.

Amber shaper is just a test for the retards in your guild with interupt yourself/the boss however not terribly difficult if you have a tank who knows what to do. Personally I'd try and get those two down as Empress is surprisingly easy. Following that try protectors or lei shi, different groups will do well at different bosses, not too sure how your aoe will go on lei shi to break the hides but
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

We have killed all those bosses, and Protectors and Lei Shi being the latest kills. I'd rate it about Vizier with a good strat for p2 > Lei shi > Amber Shaper = Protectors > Empress.

Having only killed Lei Shi of the above, but tried both Amber Shaper and Zorlok, I would advise you to go for Lei Shi if your DPS are good.
    It might be a bit tricky for your comp to handle adds, though. But you have mass fear, which is really good for the add phases. It might be necessary for your shaman to spec into Frozen Power to perma root an add which makes 5 reliable CCs and Blind for the 20% phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    So we're sitting at 9/16H and I'm trying to decide where we should focus on next.

I'm looking at Vizier, Ambershaper, Lei Shi, and Protectors. Our comp is the following

Prot Paladin
    Feral Druid

Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman that is our flex dps as Elemental

DPS Warrior
    Mage
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Shadow Priest

Based on that comp, what would the recommended order be? Thanks in advance, it's one thing to talk about it amongst ourselves but feedback from those ahead of us currently would be great to hear.
    Hey, it really depends on where the stronger players in your group are.

Vizier and Amber Shaper place a pretty high requirement on every individual in your raid, so if you don't do well on individual responsibility fights (have a couple people who let down the group) then you'll struggle a bit more on those two. If your players are excellent but lack gear I would suggest do these fights because the dps and healing requirements are not that significant but the awareness/player requirements are higher.

If your range dps are strong players then Protectors is good for you as managing the stacks from the adds is the most important part of the fight. Also healers have to be pretty good if you opt to 2heal, as the Touch of Sha debuff damage becomes quite big and then the longer they can keep you up for the soft enrage, the easier it is to kill. Interrupts are pretty important too but not all that complex if your melee pay attention. Plus you have a prot paladin who has extra interrupts with shield.

Lei Shi is probably the easiest of the four you mentioned, just have to beat the enrage, but again you need range dps to be able to manage the stacks (not too challenging). The only other difficult part of this fight on 10m is CCing the Elementals as they spawn.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2013-01-09 at 02:19 AM.

We will try Lei Shi hc this evening. One thing I'm not sure about: during Hide, no one can stack the debuff, right?

Yeah the debuff will fall off if you dont break out lei shi quickly enough!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure? Somebody said in another thread that it doesnt drop!?

Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Are you sure? Somebody said in another thread that it doesnt drop!?
    I may have misunderstood the question, but if he's asking what I think he's asking then it will fall off if you don't break Lei Shi out.

The scary fog debuff on the player stacks when you're outside Lei Shi's ring, when he Hides there is no ring, you do not get refreshed stacks of the debuff so if the duration hits 0 it falls off.

If you were asking if the debuff can be applied to Lei Shi while he is hidden (if you stand on him) then I have no idea and I'm sorry for misunderstanding the question!

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    I may have misunderstood the question, but if he's asking what I think he's asking then it will fall off if you don't break Lei Shi out.

The scary fog debuff on the player stacks when you're outside Lei Shi's ring, when he Hides there is no ring, you do not get refreshed stacks of the debuff so if the duration hits 0 it falls off.

If you were asking if the debuff can be applied to Lei Shi while he is hidden (if you stand on him) then I have no idea and I'm sorry for misunderstanding the question!
    No, you got my question right away but Hide is only a minor thing in that fight, we have more trouble with dealing with the adds

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    No, you got my question right away but Hide is only a minor thing in that fight, we have more trouble with dealing with the adds
    Yes absolutely, the adds will fuck your tanks up, or your healers if your CC isnt quick.
    Quick and coordinated CC is the best way to streamline the fight.
    Don't forget that adds spawn every 20% on the dot (80, 60, 40, 20) so have your CC'ers (shaman, hunter, priest i guess) spread out and ready to CC the closest guy to them.

Good luck!