Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If monks wern't op befor, they are now.

You can have a elmenetal spirit up on the target your attacking with storm, earth and fire. Thats equates to doing 120% damage. on a side not had both spirits up attacking a rogue and a hunter and did a 70k rising sun kick and both spirits did the same amount.

Can you link what these spells are? I don't know anything about monks but if they 'copy' your spells.. I've seen rising sun kick crit 120k+...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Can you link what these spells are? I don't know anything about monks but if they 'copy' your spells.. I've seen rising sun kick crit 120k+...
    When ever you summon an spirit your damage is reduced by 40% for the first spirit than 20% for the second spirit. So you and your two spirits are hitting for 40% equating to 120% in total... so 120k crit would be impossible. But in the end with the spell, with a crit you'll hit more any way. lol

Deleted
    this doesent change much for pvp. the spirits can be killed probably, and the small damage increase doesent change the fact that wildwalkers are stil very easy to kite around. our survivability does not change. this is mostly a pve change

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice Lying bro.

The Spirits can only be put on different Targets. meaning you can't have the monk and both spirits attacking 1 person, and if the monk changes to attacking a person with a spirit on them, the Spirit stops copying attacks and only auto-attacks.

So at most you can have 1 spirit + Monk on one person. Meaning a Monk doing 60% damage and the spirit Autoattacking which is around only 20% of a Monks damage, so around 12% damage. Meaning the monk/spirit on 1 person would be doing 72% of the Monks damage instead of 100% he would be doing himself.

So don't start trying to spread bullshit to try and make people get on the "ZOMG MONKS R OP'S" bandwagon, because stupid people will believe you without actually understanding the mechanic.

I was unaware of that Asthreon. Good to know. Seems like the OP is lying or misunderstood in this case.

Deleted
    Never played a monk but i would be happy if they would be op atleast for 1 patch. Atm in pvp very rarely see monks, and when i see them they die really easily..
    In pve i barely see them at all, 1 or 2 windwalker here or there but that's about it

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard on the ptr that it is not reducing the monks damage correctly but it should be fixed when the patch comes.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

They can't attack your target... Can this topic be deleted as it doesn't contribute anything and is misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    on a side not had both spirits up attacking a rogue and a hunter and did a 70k rising sun kick and both spirits did the same amount.
    The way I read this is 1 spirit on rogue and 1 on hunter. So idk why you're all getting your panties in a twist.

Deleted
    You can have a elmenetal spirit up on the target your attacking with storm, earth and fire. Thats equates to doing 120% damage. on a side not had both spirits up attacking a rogue and a hunter and did a 70k rising sun kick and both spirits did the same amount.
    hold the presses ur actually in the believe that monks are op atm?! where have u been the whole expansion...

Deleted
    But if he had both spirits up, that would be a 60% dmg reduction on him...if he is using a 70k RSK, that would mean that without the spirits, it would've been a 150k+ RSK, which is arguably stronger as it can lead to a burst kill (depending on the situation ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightruler View Post
    this doesent change much for pvp. the spirits can be killed probably, and the small damage increase doesent change the fact that wildwalkers are stil very easy to kite around. our survivability does not change. this is mostly a pve change
    They may well be the same type of 'mob' as Paladin's Guardian of Ancient Kings; unattackable. Not being on the PTR I wouldn't know but I reckon they might make it so for a spell that seems more fiddly than most to use.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Storm, Earth, and Fire is a new ability for Windwalkers. It’s intended to be fill the role of attacking 2 or 3 targets. It’s a rather complex ability, technically, and you’re seeing a very early version of it that still has some significant bugs (which we’re hoping to hotfix soon). To give you an idea of the design intent here, the spirits should mirror your damaging attacks against targets other than the one they’re on (so that it’s not a single target DPS gain). The spirits auto attack on their own. It should reduce your and your spirits damage while they’re out, but the exact tuning for that is still being iterated on. They’re currently -40% for 1 (total of 120% of normal against 2 targets), and -55% for 2 (total of 135% against 3 targets). Non-damaging attacks (such as Spear Hand Strike) should not be mirrored, but damaging attacks (such as Fists of Fury) should. Feedback very appreciated.
    Can we stop with this bullshit? This ability is broken and doesn;t work how it's supposed to work on PTR - everyone with half brain cell knows it, even just by reading the tooltip. It still requires a lot of fixing.. No it won't be flat 120% DPS on your main target. I'm still wondering how useful it will be in pvp though. We'll see when the ability will work how it's supposed to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Nice Lying bro.

The Spirits can only be put on different Targets. meaning you can't have the monk and both spirits attacking 1 person, and if the monk changes to attacking a person with a spirit on them, the Spirit stops copying attacks and only auto-attacks.

So at most you can have 1 spirit + Monk on one person. Meaning a Monk doing 60% damage and the spirit Autoattacking which is around only 20% of a Monks damage, so around 12% damage. Meaning the monk/spirit on 1 person would be doing 72% of the Monks damage instead of 100% he would be doing himself.

So don't start trying to spread bullshit to try and make people get on the "ZOMG MONKS R OP'S" bandwagon, because stupid people will believe you without actually understanding the mechanic.
    I should elaborate a little more i just woke up and played ptr for about 15 minutes befor posting this out of excitement. I made the assumption all abilites could be copied single target after seeing FoF be copied single target. As it sits on ptr, on a full resil target with a spirit up and tigers palm up and dps trinket your FoF will do about 70% of the persons health. I do apologize for what would appear to be misinformation but i hope in the future you would refrain for assumeing that im straight up lying.

It's a "copy paste" of blade furry, with the same intent: cleave, mostly for cleave pve fights. I wonder a little after the recent blade furry change if they will up the target count for monks too. I don't really know how monks perform in 4-6 target prolonged aoe fights.

Deleted
    I should elaborate a little more i just woke up and played ptr for about 15 minutes befor posting this out of excitement. I made the assumption all abilites could be copied single target after seeing FoF be copied single target. As it sits on ptr, on a full resil target with a spirit up and tigers palm up and dps trinket your FoF will do about 70% of the persons health. I do apologize for what would appear to be misinformation but i hope in the future you would refrain for assumeing that im straight up lying.
    Please check up on things before you post such unnecessary threads. You clearly didn't test and analyse before concluding monks was gonna be "op".

Deleted
    I have played Monk since Beta went live... was one of the first in, straight to 90 for 7 months as a Monk... I do fine in PvP atm without buffs, I can take any class 1vs1 (except Spriests I find particularly hard because they can fear me and heal to full in that 8 seconds, so its impossible for me to get them down) without any problems and I am always recognised for being the diamond in the rough amongst the monks, many people realise I've taken the class a step further and am much better than the average one.

With the next patch... I fear everyones going to reroll monk and be SO OP that you cannot even differenciate between a bad and a good one.

Hope those spirit elemental guys get removed, hope the ring of peace gets removed.
    I still support a fear / stun removal (because we get punished sooo badly by these), and also the range on paralysis.
    I hope the paralysis gets dispellable aswell again.
    Those changes ^ should get rid of the fotm rerollers.

This mechanic is just a massively overcomplicated cleave. Nothing really to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    It's a "copy paste" of blade furry, with the same intent: cleave, mostly for cleave pve fights. I wonder a little after the recent blade furry change if they will up the target count for monks too. I don't really know how monks perform in 4-6 target prolonged aoe fights.
    Having two copies hit FoF is probably damn fine for AOE (Which they'll for sure copy). If they copy SCK too, that's even more fucked up. running 3 SCK's at 45% str is still 35% more damage than running SCK without them.

Overall this utility is MUCH NEEDED. Monks suffered in the 2-3-4 target range (where 4+ you'd just SCK) if a monk has to choose between hitting SCK or Single-targeting 3 different mobs, that's a good tradeoff, I think.

I don't think they're going to eat faces in PVP in comparison to where warriors, hunters, and warlocks were this season.