The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Warlock PTR changes discussion

Thought i'd start off a new thread listing the current build in the PTR since i seen a few thread mentioning singular abilitys. Seems better to list them all in one thread so we can get everybodys opinion in one place

Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Fel Armor now reduces damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor.
    Unstable Affliction now does 14% more damage when dispelled. This damage always critically strikes.

Talents
    Blood Fear now costs 5% of Total Health, down from 20%.
    Burning Rush - During Burning Rush, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 100% of normal movement speed.
    Sacrificial Pact now shields for 400% of the sacrificed health, up from 200%.

Affliction
    Unstable Affliction now does 14% more damage when dispelled. This damage always critically strikes.

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Ember Tap has been reworked: Ember Tap heals you for an additional 5% of your health, but the health is restored over 10 sec.
    Glyph of Unstable Affliction now reduces the cast time of Unstable Affliction by 25%.

Fel Armour, nice change passive 10% less damage from everything, who wouldn't want that, and needed really considering were punching bags without cooldowns.

UA change seems like it could go towards making affliction viable again, tho still need to do the math with my current gear to see what it would hit for.

Bf reduced health cost is a needed change, tho still doesnt solve the problem of random pets eating the debuff, i still stand by my suggestion that is should be cast-able on a target and when that target damage's you they get feared.

Burning rush seems like it could be amazing now if you partner with a druid, one rejuv would heal the damage and your free to zoom around at 158% and 100% when snared, sounds great on paper against warriors/rogues but testing required.

Ember tap glyph makes sense, the original heal sounded op anyways even with battle fatigue.

UA glyph is nice, allowing less penalty for stacking mastery as affliction instead of haste, tho cast time on fear is still far too high imo, bring back glove bonus anyone?

Discuss?
    Last edited by villie; 2013-01-10 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    I will be happy to give you my thoughts, watch out for my new thread it will be called "Discussion Warlock PTR 5.2" !

Or join us on http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ock-discussion

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Balls you know i've posted in that thread and totally forgot it was there already, re-posted in there now.

Xskarma sorry about that please delete this thread, apologies for creating work for you ><

There is a Cataclysm version on the PTR that is used by Kanrethrad for the Green fire questline

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    Balls you know i've posted in that thread and totally forgot it was there already, re-posted in there now.

Xskarma sorry about that please delete this thread, apologies for creating work for you ><
    Don't worry, I was expecting a flurry of new threads, but you guys are awesome posters and dug up the 5.2 thread to continue while I was sleeping.

Closed. Discussion is here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ock-discussion like Zumzum said.