Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    You know Kitty...
    I can play this game too!

You know Psychlon, people providing little advice and only platitudes while singing the high praises of a game/company aren't really 'helpful'. No need to get tangled up in endless rebuttals that try to zip the bodybag on the horse in question so you can toss him in the ocean.

So if your logic is correct, mine is as well. Now we have just rationalized that a forum isn't actually helpful. So really there's only two options:

1) Leave
    2) Or realize that Discussion Forums are...well...for discussion.

Edit:

Please read this with no hostility, as none is intended. It's honestly a non emotive, logical argument as to why your post is silly.

Well thankfully, a GM fixed this issue for me today, and I activated 6 characters now. So thank god, F2P/Preferred do have Web Service, just not in-game tickets.

I'm having some weird ass bug where when I log out from a character, the character screen doesn't bother to show up.

This happens EVERYTIME I log out so it's pretty annoying.

Also I've never played a game that has crashed more than SWTOR. Good lord, alt tab for 5 seconds, game crashes. When you leave Black Talon from hyperspace, game crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You know Psychlon, people providing little advice and only platitudes
    Your lack of self reflection is amazing...

I'm always amazed at how quickly people are willing to put their foot in their mouth with a grossly misinformed opinion.
    Want to know what's funnier? If you google "swtor 1 800 number" you can see this in the preview text:

and then when you go to the page ( http://www.swtor.com/support/form ) it's not on there at all. Hrmmm...I think there are too many shady coincidences to give them credit anymore.

Maybe someone should call that number and give someone at EA a heart attack?
    Me too. And people wonder why my initial reaction is to question everything they do and to never credit them with anything in favor of a player. Possibly it's because every single time something leaks out that seems sketchy, but will help the player, they always respond that it's a bug and then make it worse.

Fuck them, fuck them all. They are god awful people.

Edit:

inb4 "But you still get 6 whole stories for free...lazy hipsters wanting everything for NOTHING, you suck..go die"
    It just sucks to be someone's harshest critic, yet still be fair and try and give credit where it is due, but yes...fool me twice and all that. I don't really know that I have the heart to continue being reasonable for people that deserve it like you. I'll pretty much not trust a single announcement, memo, word, or whisper that comes from that building regarding this game or really anything they ever do.
    really... it's clear that you are the most helpful person in this entire forum and your posts proving it every time... now don't make me go over and quote stuff from the customer service thread where you did start with a wrong information and continued your second - last reply with the same non-helping/ bashing attitude.

while singing the high praises of a game/company
    May I ask you to stop your bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by MrToxin View Post
    Well thankfully, a GM fixed this issue for me today, and I activated 6 characters now. So thank god, F2P/Preferred do have Web Service, just not in-game tickets.
    Wait...I thought SWTOR had no customer service.....

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'm having some weird ass bug where when I log out from a character, the character screen doesn't bother to show up.

Also I've never played a game that has crashed more than SWTOR. Good lord, alt tab for 5 seconds, game crashes. When you leave Black Talon from hyperspace, game crashes.
    A guild mate had the same issue yesterday, couldn't log in for over an hour and was stuck in the loading screen before you get to your character overview/ server selection. It was just working after some time... he didn't do anything else.

As for game crashes... it seems to me it's happening more often lately. I tried to make some sense out of all the stuff I have on all characters inventory, sending ingame mails up and down and not only did I have to wait 1-2 seconds in between taking items out of a mail but it would also put me back to the server screen several times (my character was not afk and even if.. it would put me back on the character screen). Further I was disconnected from one warzone out of a total of 3 I played.. . Definately annoying but since it's not happening to all people consistently I have little hope that we'll see any huge improvement there. The only "positive" out of it was seeing all european server being "very heavy" and some even "full".

Do you have enough ram?

10+ Year Old Account
    May I ask you to stop your bullshit?
    Quoting me, using ridiculously large red font, and screaming into the wind don't really help your argument. I gave you a good natured conversation to which you continued, bullishly into a battle that doesn't exist.

You can quote my op-eds as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that you and several others are pretty quick to use the sub or gtfo/stfu approaches to someone with a problem. No change of heart or protestation otherwise will change that. The fact that you got so angry over something so light hearted is pretty telling. Especially when it mirrored your own post.

That's a little hypocritical don't you think?

My post in the end asserted that we both have a right to our opinions, since this is a discussion board. You had the olive branch to accept that for what it is and move on, but you wanted to pick a fight. Well unfortunately you continue to pick one with a better person. I don't need self reflection. I am in a constant state of knowing I'm amazing.

You can't have a quiet sheltered home of your own on the internet or this sub forum, where you can do as you please while demanding that other people do anything you ask. We won't stop complaining. We won't stop calling you and others out. We won't go away.

Have a great day sir!

Quoting me, using ridiculously large red font, and screaming into the wind don't really help your argument. I gave you a good natured conversation to which you continued, bullishly into a battle that doesn't exist.

You can quote my op-eds as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that you and several others are pretty quick to use the sub or gtfo/stfu approaches to someone with a problem. No change of heart or protestation otherwise will change that. The fact that you got so angry over something so light hearted is pretty telling. Especially when it mirrored your own post.

That's a little hypocritical don't you think?

My post in the end asserted that we both have a right to our opinions, since this is a discussion board. You had the olive branch to accept that for what it is and move on, but you wanted to pick a fight. Well unfortunately you continue to pick one with a better person. I don't need self reflection. I am in a constant state of knowing I'm amazing.

You can't have a quiet sheltered home of your own on the internet or this sub forum, where you can do as you please while demanding that other people do anything you ask. We won't stop complaining. We won't stop calling you and others out. We won't go away.

Have a great day sir!
    You are saying I'm all over Biowares ass is a blatant lie.

Me telling people to sub or gtfo is a blatant lie.

You are lying intentionally about another poster opinion which is like quoting someones name with someone elses quote... but not by accident, intentionally so I ask you again to stop it.

Your pretending of knowing me better than myself is the icing on the cake and makes your "discussions" less and less interesting as you are clearly biased over your own over confidence with Bioware which turned into a "burn Bioware burn".

Yay \o/ Seems like it was relatively quick too? That is a hopeful sign

10+ Year Old Account
    Lying would imply I know a truth and I'm purposefully saying otherwise.

I'm giving my opinion of your average responses over time. I can only react to your responses, whether I'm generalizing them or not. Back on topic now please...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Click Ctrl-u. Wait a sec. Click Ctrl-u again. Profit.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:03 AM ----------

Me telling people to sub or gtfo is a blatant lie.

You are lying intentionally about another poster opinion which is like quoting someones name with someone elses quote... but not by accident, intentionally so I ask you again to stop it.

Your pretending of knowing me better than myself is the icing on the cake and makes your "discussions" less and less interesting as you are clearly biased over your own over confidence with Bioware which turned into a "burn Bioware burn".
    Please stop arguing with Kitty. He has an amazing job that lets him post non-stop on game forums. You won't be able to keep up with him.

I actually don't believe anything they announce until it's in the game as they announced it.
    See, that's a major issue for me. If I can't believe what a developer is saying, then I can't trust the developer at all. I fully understand that dates slip and complications that lead to delays happen, but when a developer so consistently lies, misses stated deadlines, and hypes up features we never see, I can't bring myself to trust them to handle other aspects of the game.

This isn't specific to BioWare, this is any developer (Hammerpoint Interactive is a good example of this) across any genre (Also, Peter Molyneux, but he's kinda adorable about it).

And I totally would voice my opinion on their forums, but unfortunately they don't allow me to post there. I can report posts though, and do so on a regular basis : )

My preferred account worked correctly last night. Had 2 toons, showed 2/6. Created another new toon, a Sith Warrior. I picked up a Sith Legacy unlock for 200k, which let me make the Sith species. Bought a speeder 1 unlock also and a mount for 2500.
    My new toon had 3 craft skills (my account wide craft skill unlock carried over from my other toons! woohoo), my account wide display titles didn't work (didn't work on my second toon though either). Hit level 10 and I got a mount already. Should make leveling less painful.

Helps when your other toons have max credits and are forced to spend them. haha.

Just wanted to post here too since it was a topic in this thread; I confirmed that the patch note that reads like if you have more than the limit of toons on a preferred account that you'll be able to play all of them is incorrect. The cap is enforced and if you have more your extra characters will be set to inactive so that if you decide to resub you'll be able to then use them. So it was just horrible wording apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    So it was just horrible wording apparently.
    i.e. business as usual

Arguments aside (), I have something important to tell you. They actually GAVE ME for free 1050 cartel coins, as a preferred. Just checked my ledger, it says 'Customer Service Grant', and my balance upped by 1050! Lol, I was kinda shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh for the love of &%^$%#%#&^6892.... and here was me thinking they had made a really good choice to help out and encourage their old subs..
    I honestly think that BiowarEA holds some contempt for old subscribers. I think they feel misled by them and feel that if it weren't for them they would have had better input for development. There's been a couple of articles and crap that imply that they feel that way about their player base. I think that they view the people who played in the first 6 months and have since left as a problem population.

I remember that. Like this one? http://blogs.bettor.com/Anonymous-Bi...Update-a173317

Arguments aside (), I have something important to tell you. They actually GAVE ME for free 1050 cartel coins, as a preferred. Just checked my ledger, it says 'Customer Service Grant', and my balance upped by 1050! Lol, I was kinda shocked.
    Considering everything BioWare has done. Especially when F2P was just starting and they were originally only going to give F2P/Preferred 1 quickslot bar, and make them pay for the rest. Along with making people pay for the ability to hide their helmet. You'll understand when I say I dont believe you, right?

Anybody else having to select which character they want to activate with every time they log on?

Almost every single time I log all of my characters become inactive and I have to choice again, normally this would be great ofcourse but who knows what would happen if Bioware decided to fix it when I activate a non priority character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuragisama View Post
    Considering everything BioWare has done. Especially when F2P was just starting and they were originally only going to give F2P/Preferred 1 quickslot bar, and make them pay for the rest. Along with making people pay for the ability to hide their helmet. You'll understand when I say I dont believe you, right?
    Shoot I didn't want to say it, but screen shot or it didn't happen. I find it A) hard to believe that the ticket got resolved for a f2p player and B) free cartel coins as a good gesture are we talking about the same game? I really need proof to believe this one and If I'm wrong I apologize but yeah, no.