Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alex Jones wants to deport Piers Mogan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyKofFih8Y

Watching this videos clearly shows how gun enthusiasts have ran out of good arguments and basicly are unintelligent in my opinion.

Deleted
    This was actually posted in another thread ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nes-interview) )

And I think you shouldn't decide if gun enthusiasts are unintelligent based on this video.
    Last edited by mmoc958c6ce6ee; 2013-01-10 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post

Watching this videos clearly shows how gun enthusiasts have ran out of good arguments and basicly are unintelligent in my opinion.
    their gun is their argument. when it comes down to it, your ability to force your will on another is how you get anything done. a gun aids that. USA has the most guns, biggest guns, and we're the leaders of the free world

not because you all respect us, you're just fucking terrified of us
    without our guns, the country with the second biggest guns would just take over

so every argument against guns comes down to the same thing. one side can force their will on others, the other side has to be careful not to piss them off so they don't get shot

peace has never been reality, never will, so arm yourself

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    their gun is their argument. when it comes down to it, your ability to force your will on another is how you get anything done. a gun aids that. USA has the most guns, biggest guns, and we're the leaders of the free world

so every argument against guns comes down to the same thing. one side can force their will on others, the other side has to be careful not to piss them off so they don't get shot

Err, I have owned two firearms when I was able to hunt with my uncle, and I support further gun control in the US. Also, if you really think that the big ol government couldn't utterly destroy you and your small arms if the military sided with them you are sadly mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account

I believe you mean that this gun enthusiast has run out of good arguments. Unless you can find an instance of me personally agreeing with him, your argument is largely invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Err, I have owned two firearms when I was able to hunt with my uncle, and I support further gun control in the US. Also, if you really think that the big ol government couldn't utterly destroy you and your small arms if the military sided with them you are sadly mistaken.
    Have you ever killed a policeman to protect yourself, or those you love?

That's why we have the 2nd amendment. Not hunting.

All i can say is keep the smegger we dont want him back.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if you really think that the big ol government couldn't utterly destroy you and your small arms if the military sided with them you are sadly mistaken.
    As an operations intelligence analyst employed by the "big ol government", I strongly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post

You no, I have not.

We have the 2nd Amendment because at the time of the constitution the US was very much a frontier nation and the framers argued against a standing military. Guess what, we have a standing military and a huge percentage of the US is no longer a frontier nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Zeus View Post
    And I think you shouldn't decide if gun enthusiasts are unintelligent based on this video.
    I'm for very strict gun control and I agree. The man is a lone looney plain and simple (ok he has a huge following but whatever).

Alex Jones is not your typical gun enthusiast. He's a loony, over-the-top, paranoid-delusional jackass that gets airtime because loud and angry sounds authoritative and sells.

Judging any group by the loudest members is rarely an accurate judgement of the group as a whole.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

remember, America's population is much larger than say England and the stats Morgan keeps bringing up is very manipulated. You can not use the stats Morgan uses as a good comparative

You no, I have not.

We have the 2nd Amendment because at the time of the constitution the US was very much a frontier nation and the framers argued against a standing military. Guess what, we have a standing military and a huge percentage of the US is no longer a frontier nation.
    We have the 2nd amendment to protect the people from the formation of a tyrannical government, just as Alex Jones stated in that video. I don't agree with everything he says, and he certainly comes off a bit insane, and he's a pretty big conspiracy theorist. That said, if you're trying to say that the 2nd amendment was created for any OTHER REASON than to ensure the public could protect themselves FROM THE GOVERNMENT, then you are incorrect. I've had this argument with other anti-gun people before, and it always ends the same - they stop posting after they realize they're wrong.

It's true that a large standing military force didn't exist back then either, but that's really a red herring to the current discussion of, "When are they going to take the guns away from Americans?" Another thing that Alex said that was completely true - tyrannical government don't want the populace to have their own guns. The first step is taking them away so the government has all the control.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaank View Post
    remember, America's population is much larger than say England
    It's not so large in comparision that the stats should have such a big difference.

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you for calling me an idiot. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's not so large in comparision that the stats should have such a big difference.
    http://www.fox19.com/story/20538164/...homicide-rates

good info

I can comprehend ownership of firearms for defensive purposes, and maybe even "hunting"; but I have to admit I don't exactly understand the appeal of going out and shooting merely to shoot. I tend not to hold such activities and individuals who base their lives upon firearms in very high regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

You should be ashamed for confirming the typical American stereotype.

The shame of it is that the guy in the video actually *does* offer some good points, but winds up looking like a complete lunatic. You have to admit, though, that Piers Morgan is absolutely trying to steer the "debate" a certain way. Also, he got his facts wrong; Sandy Hook is *NOT* the worst shooting in American history. It's atrocious, so by no means would I try to discredit its importance, but that information is blatantly inaccurate, and shows how biased he clearly is.

Personally, I'm of the belief that, as bad as a few odd renegades might seem, it's more more concerning just how much power the government is being granted. Obama is not only aiming for an Assault Weapons-ban -- and their definition of "assault weapons" is so loose they can pretty much confiscate whatever they want -- but he's also putting together a "Task Force" to try and impose what seems to be censorship on US media. It's scary, scary stuff, and seems terrifyingly similar to what happened just before Nazi Germany's takeover Austria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post

Another stereotype, 'the 2nd amendment is to protect us from our own government'. Why are you scared of your own government? Sounds like you elect the wrong people then.