Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Free Naga after Cataclysm?
    Sounds like a Naga army moving to take the surface world to me.

I wonder if there will be any major nonaligned troll tribes left if we destroy the Zandalari. We extinguished the Gurubashi and the Amani twice now and according to the WoW magazine the Drakari have all died.
    The Zandalari seem to be the only somehow organized troll tribe that is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Sounds like a Naga army moving to take the surface world to me.
    A Patch in the next expansion ??? Possibly.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    He saw a legion of serpents pouring forth from a gaping fissure that tore open the floor of the ocean. Still, King Ranothing.stakhan did

That is what I find to be interesting.
    Most likely refers to Vashj'ir zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible that the Zandalari that followed Zul would be friendly to us?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Is it possible that the Zandalari that followed Zul would be friendly to us?
    They're the ones that have assumed an 'any means necessary' approach, so no.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is no dana only zul? sorry i couldnt resist

Oh would you look at that another King ,who failed to see the threats ahead, just like Terenas and Anasterian.

WoW/Troll version of Atlantis. Powerful nation on a hard to reach island sinks beneath the waves? Atlantis much?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what we can assume is Rasta is dead and Zul is in charge now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

where can you read this, in game? datamined from where?

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW, i really wanna see how these fight goes, how will the zandalari end and if we will be able to see the destroyed island with parts of the city or the city underwater with, by that time, may be a naga stronghold .D

10+ Year Old Account
    A Cataclysm causes a great city, presided over by a stubborn ruler who considers themselves a God, to slip into the sea. Sounds kind of familiar...
    I wonder if he got any whispers on the way down too (if the whole island went down).

I like that they're basically saying Zul or the Zandalari aren't even bad guys, it makes a much more refreshing enemy. I hope we kill Rastakhan rather than Zul, striking a peace deal with the defeated Zandalari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    A Cataclysm causes a great city, presided over by a stubborn ruler who considers themselves a God, to slip into the sea. Sounds kind of familiar...
    I wonder if he got any whispers on the way down too (if the whole island went down).

I like that they're basically saying Zul or the Zandalari aren't even bad guys, it makes a much more refreshing enemy. I hope we kill Rastakhan rather than Zul, striking a peace deal with the defeated Zandalari.
    I think it should be the other way around, we should kill Zul and strike a peace deal with Rasta and his remaining Zandalaris, cause in the past he was the one who send emmisaries to destroy Hakkar, so the one that joined once again with the Mogu and is our enemy right now is Zul and not Rasta

So the door is open for a flooded Zandalar and Naga everywhere.

[TFH]Rastakhan isn't dead, he's hiding in a Barrow in Hyjal with his nephew Malfurion[/TFH]

Their penchant for inaction is hard to miss!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    While we know little of King Rastafariman, it seems somewhat uncharacteristic of the God-King of the Zandalari (the most scholary, eldest and powerful of trolls) to ignore the warnings of his most powerful, trusted prophet.

Maybe he was corrupted by the Sha of Apathy.
    I think it was simply more of ye olde arrogance, thinking his kingdom too awesome to perish under the waves. The isle of Zandalar had been there for more than 10.000 years, so thinking that it would just sink because a prophet said so doesn't sound to rational.

Of course he was wrong, but it is not unlikely that the most rational zandalari didn't believe this, and the most superstitious followed Zul.

I kinda like the idea that there's a group of zandalari that didn't just flipped and tried to conquer the world back; their face heel turn was kinda sudden so having this information pleases me.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Oh would you look at that another King ,who failed to see the threats ahead, just like Terenas and Anasterian.
    Maybe the implication that monarchies are flawed are becoming too heavy handed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I think it should be the other way around, we should kill Zul and strike a peace deal with Rasta and his remaining Zandalaris, cause in the past he was the one who send emmisaries to destroy Hakkar, so the one that joined once again with the Mogu and is our enemy right now is Zul and not Rasta
    Yeah I guess. I can see the logic in that, but they've protrayed Zul as a more proactive and less complacent ruler who's only striving for survival of his people. In spite of his shortcomings and rather aggressive strategy, I think he'd be a more suitable ally to have than a king who apparently did nothing as his people and homeland crumbled.
    Who knows though, I'm sure this is just the first bit of flesh on the bones of the new Zandalari story they're trying to tell and it would definitely be nice to see Rastakhan developed into something other than a crazy old King who thinks he's a god that we need go and thwack with a sword of two.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2013-01-10 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Maybe the implication that monarchies are flawed are becoming too heavy handed.
    Democracy did not fare any better, just look at Gnomeregan it is testament to that ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Yeah I guess. I can see the logic in that, but they've protrayed Zul as a more poractive and less complacent ruler who's only striving for survival of his people. In spite of his shortcomings and rather aggressive strategy, I think he'd be a more suitable ally to have than a king who apparently did nothing as his people and homeland crumbled.
    Who knows though, I'm sure this is just the first bit of flesh on the bones of the new Zandalari story they're trying to tell and it would definitely be nice to see Rastakhan developed into something other than a crazy old King who thinks he's a god that we need go and thwack with a sword of two.
    Actually Zul comes across as a malevolent fool. Despite knowing the power of the two major factions on Azeroth and also suffering defeat at their hands at both ZA and ZG, he tries to invade Pandaria instead of simply negotiating a place to live. But wait there's the mogu, their ancient allies who got stomped by a bunch of bare-fisted panda's...yeah. Nice. If he were any kind of prophet he'd see his arse is about to be handed to him.

I think they're setting up the possibility of a break off faction from the Zandalar, like a set of outcasts who are loyal to the king and reject Zul's giant step back towards the old domination/hakkar worshipping lifestyle. Or at least that's what I hope.