Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What would you change the racials to?

Remove Every Man for Himself, replace with a new ability.
    Glide: Travel in front of you 10 yards, disorienting all enemies in your path for 1.5 seconds
    .. this way Humans stop being the must go to race for pvp, while still having them be a very strong.

.. What changes would you make to existing Racials?

Dwarf
    - Stoneform: Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects and reduces all damage taken by 10% for 8 sec.
    - Explorer: You find additional fragments when looting archaeological finds and you can survey faster than normal archaeologists.
    - Gun Specialization: Your chance to critically hit with Guns is increased by 1%.
    - Mace Specialization: Expertise with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 3.
    - Frost Resistance: Increases your resistance to harmful Frost effects by 1.

Gnome
    - Escape Artist: Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect.
    - Expansive Mind: Mana pool increased by 5%.
    - Arcane Resistance: Increases your resistance to harmful Arcane effects by 1.
    - Engineering Specialization: Engineering skill increased by 15.
    - Shortblade Specialization: Expertise with Daggers and One-Handed Swords increased by 3.

Human
    - Every Man for Himself, same effect as pvp trinkets also shares same cd with them.
    - Diplomacy: Reputation gains increased by 10%. Just helps farming rep. (Which is easy enough these days anyway)
    - The Human Spirit: Spirit increased by 3%.
    - Mace Specialization: Expertise with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 3.
    - Sword Specialization: Expertise with Swords and Two-Handed Swords increased by 3.

Night Elves
    - Shadowmeld: Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. (Does not remove threat)
    - Quickness: Reduces the chance that melee and ranged attackers will hit you by 2%.
    - Wisp Spirit: Transform into a wisp upon death, increasing speed by 75%.
    - Elusiveness: Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while Shadowmelded and increases your speed while stealthed by 5%.
    - Nature Resistance: Increases your resistance to harmful Nature effects by 1.

Draenei
    - Gift of Naaru: Heals the target for 20% of their total health over 15 sec.
    - Heroic Presence: Increases your chance to hit with all spells and attacks by 1%.
    - Gemcutting: Jewelcrafting skill increased by 10.
    - Shadow Resistance: Increases your resistance to harmful Shadow effects by 1.

Worgen
    - Darkflight: Activates your true form, increasing current movement speed by an additional 40% for 10 sec.
    - Running Wild: Drop to all fours to run as fast as a wild animal. (Mount)
    - Enable Worgen Altered Form: Enables Worgens to switch between human and Worgan forms
    - Aberration: Increases your resistance to harmful Nature and Shadow effects by 1.
    - Flayer: Skinning skill increased by 15 and allows you to skin faster.
    - Viciousness: Criticial strike chance increased by 1%.

Orcs
    - Blood Fury: Increases melee attack power by 1169 and your spell damage by 584. Lasts 15 sec. (Free Trinket)
    - Hardiness: Duration of Stun effects reduced by an additional 15%.
    - Command: Damage dealt by Death Knight, Hunter and Warlock pets increased by 5%.
    - Axe Specialization: Expertise with Fist Weapons, Axes and Two-Handed Axes increased by 3.

Tauren
    - Warstomp: Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec.
    - Endurance: Base Health increased by 5%.
    - Cultivation: Herbalism skill increased by 15 and you gather herbs faster than normal herbalists.
    - Nature Resistance: Increases your resistance to harmful Nature effects by 1.

Troll
    - Berserking: Increases your attack and casting speed by 20% for 10 sec.
    - Regeneration: Health regeneration rate increased by 10%. 10% of total Health regeneration may continue during combat.
    - Beast Slaying: Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%. (Huge against Druids)
    - Throwing Specialization: Your chance to critically hit with Throwing Weapons is increased by 1%.
    - Bow Specialization: Your chance to critically hit with Bows is increased by 1%.
    - Da Voodoo Shuffle: Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!

Undead
    - Will of Forsaken: Removes any Charm, Fear and Sleep effect. This effect shares a 30 sec cooldown with other similar effects. 2min CD
    - Cannibalize: When activated, regenerates 7% of total health and mana every 2 sec for 10 sec. Only works on Humanoid or Undead corpses within 5 yds.
    - Underwater Breathing: Underwater breath lasts 233% longer than normal.
    - Shadow Resistance: Increases your resistance to harmful Shadow effects by 1.

Blood Elf
    - Arcane Torrent: Blood elves can disrupt magic, briefly silencing all enemys around them and restoring some of their own resources.
    - Arcane Affinity: Enchanting skill increased by 10.
    - Arcane Resistance: Increases your resistance to harmful Arcane effects by 1.

Goblins:
    - Rocket Jump: Activates your rocket belt to jump forward. Other effects which slow the rate of falling cannot be used within 10 sec after using this ability.
    - Rocket Barrage: Launches your belt rockets at an enemy, dealing (1 + level * 2) fire damage.
    - Best Deals Anywhere: Always receive the best possible gold discount, regardless of faction.
    - Better Living Through Chemistry: Alchemy skill increased by 15.
    - Pack Hobgoblin: Calls in your friend, Gobber, allowing you bank access for 1 min.
    - Time is Money: Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed. (Actually seems to be 1% haste, which is even better than the tooltip would indicate)

Deleted
    I'd make the racials class wise, that means, diferent racials to each class, for every race, that would make much more sense to me.
    Last edited by mmoc4fe5e0a5a5; 2013-01-10 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshido View Post
    If I was a developer, I'd make the racials class wise, that means, diferent racials to each class, for every race, that would make much more sense to me.
    I agree, however the outcry as to how a certain class is fotm would be even worst.

I'd atleast give every race the same amount of racials, a maximun of 5 or 6.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    More racials and give players a choice of what racials you use.

That or scrap them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would remove them.

Deleted
    Every faction should get the same active racial, just with different names.
    Orc/Human get the current Orc racial.
    Troll/Draenei get the current Troll racial.
    Undead/Gnome get the current Gnome racial.
    Tauren/Dwarf get the current Dwarf racial.
    Night Elf/Blood Elf get the current Blood Elf racial.
    Goblin/Worgen get the current Goblin racial.

Passive racials have no impact anyway. Just change Draenei's hit bonus into mastery bonus, and Gnome's mana bonus into a runspeed bonus.
    Last edited by mmocc3e324ee93; 2013-01-10 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove Every Man for Himself, Give Arcane Torrent a cast time to remove the blanket silence

New, better racials for Gnomes, Dwarves, Orcs and Trolls.

Really, just nerf the overly played races and give some love to the races nobody touches. I hate going into Alterac Valley and being the only Dwarf player amongst a sea of Humans. Its the same when I play my Hunter (Orc) on the Horde. Just lost in a sea of Blood Elves.

Give the game a trait system, and the traits you choose dictate what bonuses you get ala Fallout (still love bloody mess!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

I would make all racials either fluff or the profession bonuses, so that min-maxing didn't include paying for a race change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racials should be about fluff and aesthetics. Not about bonuses in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    i
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    - Time is Money: Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed. (Actually seems to be 1% haste, which is even better than the tooltip would indicate)[/I]
    It's NOT 1% haste, as HoT/DoT does NOT benefit from this racial.
    When Goblins was added, HoT/DoT also benefitted from TiM, but it was nerfed later, causing a masive outcry in the goblin priest population..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Every faction should get the same active racial, just with different names.
    I agree with this. Have for quite a while now. The best way to get balance is to literally mirror the racials. That'd be a bit hard with all the passives, so they could honestly just take the "big cooldown" and swap them out across like so. (Erasing the second's one entirely.)

Base -> Mirror
    Orcs -> Worgen
    Troll -> Gnome
    Dwarf -> Tauren (Also, Make "Endurance" a 5% increase to current maximum stamina)
    Human -> Goblin (Tell me Goblins wouldn't be all about EMFH)
    Blood Elf -> Draenei (In fact, give them both GotN as well they both can justify having it now)
    Night Elf -> Undead (Invisible Banshee form, anyone?)

Aside from that I'd give the +1% haste passive to Gnomes. The +1% crit passive to Tauren (They need a boost) and the +5% mana pool to Blood Elf.

Now, for the subject of "New Racials." I'd want some more proccing passives like the Forsaken got.

Alliance
    Human - Imperial Culture: Upon killing an enemy that grants experience or honor there is a 25% chance of gaining 10% health, (primary power) and run speed (for 10 seconds) instantly. (1 minute cooldown)
    Dwarf - Stone Soul: When brought below 35% health, there is a 25% per attack to gain damage resistance increases 10% for 20 seconds. Five minute cooldown.
    Gnome - Residual Contamination: Whenever a melee attack is received, there is a 10% chance of becoming a Leper Gnome (for 15 seconds) causing the next melee attack received to apply a DoT doing 5% of target's max HP over 20 seconds.) 5 minute cooldown.
    Night Elf - Child of Elune: While Shadow Melded, flowers begin to grow around the feet of the Night Elf. After 10s, they will bloom healing Night Elf for 1% of max HP every second. Effect persists for 3 seconds when Shadow Meld is cancelled.
    Draenei - Nether-Touched: 10% chance upon receiving magical damage to gain +10% magic resistance. Once every 120 seconds for 15 seconds at a time.
    Worgen - Primal Hunger: 3% chance when autoattacking to do a "Vicious Bite" attack dealing 3x normal autoattack damage and increasing melee haste by 5%.

Horde
    Orc - Ancestor Spirit: 15% chance when attacking an enemy (melee or spell) to summon an Ancestor Spirit that only you can see to fight your current target for 30 seconds. 5 minute cooldown.
    Forsaken - Touch of the Grave: Look it up.
    Troll - Desired by the Loa: When HP is below 15% there is a 10% chance that any attacks will cause the Troll to temporarily phase into the spirit realm gaining a 100% chance to avoid attacks for 3 seconds. While in the spirit realm, the Troll can only interact with (him/her)self. 5 minute cooldown.
    Tauren - Earth Mother: Any self-healing effects applied by the Tauren have a 15% chance to be copied to a 10s HoT. 3 minute cooldown.
    Blood Elf - Ethereal Hunger: 15% chance when receiving magic damage to increase (primary power) by 2%. 90 second cooldown.
    Goblin - Daddy/Mama was a Sapper: Upon dying, the Goblin has a 20% chance of exploding dealing 20% of their maximum health to any enemies within 10 yards.

Neutral
    Pandaren - Hit Me: 10% chance upon being attacked to gain a 15% chance to avoid all damage for 10 seconds. Three minute cooldown. (Think dodge/parry that also effects magic.)

Lots of balancing issues above, but at least they're interesting.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-01-10 at 10:39 PM. Reason: "Hit Me" edit.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Goblin
    To The Moon!: Build a rocket ship. Or it may just be a football shaped bomb. Only one way to find out!

Orc
    Peon form: Gain a third primary profession, but all healing and damage is reduced to zero. Maximum level is 1. Not reversible.

Tauren
    Moo: Mooooooooo!

Undead
    Kill Carl: Seriously, he just needs to go.

Blood Elf
    Vanity Mirror: Look at yourself in your hand-held mirror that you have on you at all times. Prevents other actions from being performed for ten seconds and causes everyone in a 10 yard radius to vomit uncontrollably.

Troll
    Troll: Posts a random inflammatory comment into trade chat.

Worgen
    Chase Tail

Draenei
    Demon form: Eschew your current faction and join the Legion. Not reversible.

Human
    Every Man For Himself: Run away from current encounter, leaving your comrades to die. Well, what else did you think it meant?

Night Elf
    Hug Tree

Dwarf
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am: character instantly reaches highest level of drunkenness in the game.

Gnome
    Punt Self

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd eliminate them entirely. If they're at all balanced, there's really no point in having them. If they're not balanced then why pick any other race to play.

So if it were up to me they would simply go away.

I'd probably compensate by making all of the current racials some form of glyph or something so that people could optionally choose one or more if that was what they wanted to do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Drop all racials that have any effect on pvp or pve. Race should be picked on looks and lore not who has 1% more damage.

Give Draenei and Undead the racial ability to wear boots that actually show up on their models.

Get rid of all combat-related racials. They are a terrible idea, the choice of race should be about aesthetics, not random combat bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I would remove them.
    I love racials in PvE and hate them in PvP. I would want to remove them from pvp and keep them in pve.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'd give all races a profession improving racial (like the Goblin +Alch), a racial they could activate (Like Orc Blood Fury), then a passive "fun" one and a passive pvp'ish (Stun Resistance or something) one.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Get rid of all combat-related racials. They are a terrible idea, the choice of race should be about aesthetics, not random combat bonuses.
    I disagree - since a lot of the racials are lore-affiliated like troll berserking and such. That said, the choice of race should be about whatever you want yes, you should never feel pressured to play a race you don't to simply because of say a 0.5% dmg increase.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann