Poll: What should we do about it, if anything?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    None of you have been constructive at all....

I like how people with nothing better to say just sit here saying you're an idiot for listening to Rush Limbaugh... I can almost guarantee they all watch Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert and rely on them as a news source.
    I would rather watch them than listen to some bible thumping idiot saying the world is going to end if someone get elected he doesn't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daskapital View Post
    This is fine. But, if this is the case as I am sure it is for most nations, then you do not get to cloak your politics in the rhetoric of "inalienable human rights" which Swazi's very academic and very first-person-pronoun-heavy essay does.
    Oh absolutely. I mean, I believe in treating all humans decently. I like to see people live comfortably and die painlessly whenever possible. But I don't make any notion of inalienable "human" rights. Those are American rights. We made them for ourselves, and nobody else. Other countries have their own rights that they sat down and came up with on their own. I understand that the UK has something similar to a Bill of Rights, based upon the Magna Carta just as ours is. But those aren't human rights either, they're British rights. They collectively, as a people, decided "this is how we want to live".

So yes, our politics are very much tailored towards American interests, not human interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want salami and pepperoni now, ya bastard. To be honest, I stopped seriously reading this properly at "I was listening to Rush Limbaugh"
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Oh absolutely. I mean, I believe in treating all humans decently. I like to see people live comfortably and die painlessly whenever possible. But I don't make any notion of inalienable "human" rights. Those are American rights. We made them for ourselves, and nobody else. Other countries have their own rights that they sat down and came up with on their own. I understand that the UK has something similar to a Bill of Rights, based upon the Magna Carta just as ours is. But those aren't human rights either, they're British rights. They collectively, as a people, decided "this is how we want to live".

So yes, our politics are very much tailored towards American interests, not human interests.
    Technically your 5th and 6th amendment only mentions persons. Not citizens.

Other parts mentions "the people" which can easily be considered the citizen. But person is pretty universal. Which is also how your legal system works unless CIA comes between.

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    As part of my essay, I wrote about Obama's history of opposition to gun rights:
    Gun control advocates try to mistakenly say that Barack Obama "supports gun rights" and/or that he "isn't anti-gun rights," even though all of the evidence shows that he is perhaps our most anti-gun rights president in American history. Gun control advocates only claim that he is "pro-gun rights," because they want to trick ignorant people into thinking he isn't a horrible person who hates guns and freedom. Throughout Obama's political career, he has made various anti-gun rights statements and support anti-gun rights bills. Barack Obama said that he supports banning semi-automatic guns and increase firearm restrictions. He also said that he supported banning handguns and concealed carry. Obama voted in favor of holding firearm manufacturers responsible for murders. Obama also said he would renew the Federal Assault Weapons Ban and immediately upon being re-elected, he had his congressional Democrat friends introduce a bill to renew it. Obama also said he believes people living in "inner cities" shouldn't be allowed to own guns. Obama cosponsored a bill that only allowed citizens to buy one gun a month. Obama also said he supports requiring guns be registered and licensed. Obama said that he believes that local gun bans do not violate the Second Amendment. Obama also said that he would consider supporting a ban on buying ammunition online. This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of all of the anti-gun rights statements Obama has made and the anti-gun rights bills he has supported.

Source: http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Bara...un_Control.htm
    while I skimmed most of that information vs what you wrote, what i did notice you sure like to have your own spin on comments and interpretations, picking and choosing things, and your continued use of disparaging remarks to somehow attempt to demonize a stance not your own is really annoying and makes it hard to take you seriously

saying what many would consider "common sense laws" about control equates to anti gun rights is silly

I find that Dems throw their own base under the bus in much more overt ways:

1. Many leftists blame Isreal in the Isreal-Palestine issues despite Jewish Americans being predominantly dems. Isrealis live in fear of Palestinians randomly mortaring their cities every day, yet this isn't really news to the rest of the world because its everyday activity. When Isreal retaliates, they're the ones who get blamed.

2. Many on the left mock Catholic views like their pro-life beliefs despite the fact Catholics are most often democratic votes. Blacks and hispanics in particular are a very large block of Catholics.

3. Gay-marriage is often battled in court where feminist views are that marrital laws were specifically designed for protection of women from men. Despite what many think, religious views are not admissible in these kind of court decisions. Feminists want for matters like alimony/child support/child custody to be hard and fast rules: men pay these things to women and give custody to women. With gay marriage being legal, this ceases to be a hard and fast rule when not every marriage is a man and a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    My contention is that the MSNBC crew isn't listened to or watched as much because they're so hateful. Maddow isn't really hateful, she can be snide..but Shultz's hatred is foamful and zealous.
    They're hateful? Just watch any given day of a right wing goon and you'll get hateful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    The lack of intelligence is that birth control pills are like condoms.

The thing is, women take a birth control pill once a month. They can have sex 132423987234 times in that month, but they only take 1 pill. When you're on birth control, you're not supposed to skip.

In different words - you don't take a birth control pill every time you have sex.
    Usually taken once a day, just fyi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about to contribute nothing to this thread, but I just had to chime in that I stopped reading at Rush Limbaugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    i voted Conservative: other; reason being i think your crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    They're hateful? Just watch any given day of a right wing goon and you'll get hateful.

Just random youtube search.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I'm about to contribute nothing to this thread, but I just had to chime in that I stopped reading at Rush Limbaugh.
    same

C-C-C-Combo Breaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Rush Limbaugh... why are you listening to that man? Honestly, do you really think he is at all sensible?
    Exactly...I wouldnt listen to anybody who is so full of hate.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

The lack of intelligence is that birth control pills are like condoms.

The thing is, women take a birth control pill once a month. They can have sex 132423987234 times in that month, but they only take 1 pill. When you're on birth control, you're not supposed to skip.

In different words - you don't take a birth control pill every time you have sex.
    It is still a correct statement though, since they'll have to take at least one pill any month that they want to have sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I've seen a equal amount of hate i'd say. As long as we don't include O'reilly lol.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Democracy is a colloquialism in this sense. Finland is a republic, England a monarchy, etc etc etc. We still call them democracies.
    I know what you're saying and I agree with you. However, he said that "America is a democracy" and used that to justify his belief that "the people" should always get what they want, no matter what it is and even if it violates the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    It is still a correct statement though, since they'll have to take at least one pill any month that they want to have sex.
    No, not its not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    I've seen a equal amount of hate i'd say. As long as we don't include O'reilly lol.
    or Falwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    You want hateful, watch Ann Coulter.

You seem to be coming to the conclusion that what guns we have in our revolution don't matter then, since the government's army won't shoot us.
    Some of them won't, but that doesn't mean all of them won't. Also, who is to say the United Nations or non-military police forces won't be involved, as opposed to the military itself?