Poll: What should we do about it, if anything?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Wrong. There is zero evidence to support this claim. If anything, gun control laws are too strict.

You can go ahead and believe in single-payer healthcare or anything else you want, but leave our freedoms alone. I don't think that's too much to ask.
    too strict? that's a laugh. all gun control laws really do these days is you have a waiting period and criminal background check (fyi most of the people who shoot up places have NO criminal background) and that's about it. they have no mental background check (which could have easily prevented Virginia tech simply by asking the school counselors) or required safety courses (surprisingly a lot of people end up shooting themselves within hours of getting a gun, simply because they don't know how to handle one properly) or the fact that you can get assault rifles in walmart while people fight tooth and nail over the right to sell beer on outdoor patios at a restaurant (the kids might see beer omg)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

I don't believe being religious makes you anti-science. Note: I believe in evolution and global warming.
    Congratulations, your hero Rush would call you a RINO.

Please, by all means, Republican infighting makes me happy. It's one of the many, many reasons the Republicans are done as a national party unless they start cheating more successfully. The vote is overwhelmingly against you, and it's only going to get worse the more old people die.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't think you or your wife are sluts. By all means, your free to make your own decisions and there is nothing wrong with having sex. I just don't think the government should pay for you (or anyone else) to have sex.
    And what about the use of birth control as preventative medicine for those at high risk of developing breast cancer and other cancers related to hormone cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Alright, I'm admittedly on the fence for #1, but again, what's so immoral about points 2 and 3? There's got to be more to it than "gays are icky."

As for spending . . . who got us into two wars in the middle east and didn't budget said war? Don't act like the right isn't guilty of as much spending as the left in this country. One side spends on war, the other on welfare. Fiscally conservative my ass, the last Republican presidents we've had for the last 30 years increased the debt.
    I don't support the wars of Iraq or Libya either.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    Congratulations, your hero Rush would call you a RINO.

Please, by all means, Republican infighting makes me happy. It's one of the many, many reasons the Republicans are done as a national party unless they start cheating more successfully. The vote is overwhelmingly against you, and it's only going to get worse the more old people die.
    Rush Limbaugh may be a great intellectual leader of the people, but he's not my hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont know what salami tactics are so i just picked whatever option looked amusing. makes me hungry for salami. also quoting rush limbaugh does NOT help your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Hey don't call bullshit on me broseph. I'm just reporting what I've been told.
    http://www.politicaltest.net/
    http://www.politicalcompass.org/

According to these, I'm a liberal democrat or a libertarian, respectively. Also, you don't actually know me. You know my internet persona, Kalyyn. Kalyyn tends to stray from my actual beliefs more often than not.

Actually, to be honest I don't think you know either me or internet me, because I've literally never seen you in a thread before right now.
    I was talking about his use of political definitions. Don't need to take it personally. And no, I don't know you and I don't really care who u are.

I and my family were staunchly republican for a long time. And then the party began equating 'good person' with 'being christian' and thumping the bible at us. I believe firmly in the separation of church and state, as is set in the constitution, and until the Republican party can get the bible-thumper line out of their agenda, I'm stuck Independent or Democratic.

I support gun ownership, for hunting and self-protection. I do not support having a gun that can spit out fifty bullets in under a minute, you don't need this to protect yourself from a burglar or hunt a deer. I very much support more thorough licensing and background checks for gun ownership. I hunt extensively, and I've never considered an assault rifle. I have a Ruger Model 77Mk.11 RSI, it's the only rifle I need.

I support pro-life, and birth control. I don't want anyone telling me what I can do with my genitals, therefore I won't tell a woman what she can do with hers.

I believe in another 30-50 years we're going to look back on the Gay Agenda the same way many of us look back on the battle for civil rights: with disgust, not quite understanding why it didn't seem OBVIOUS back then to people that everyone deserved these rights, and that being another color didn't make you less human.

I want big government out of my home and my business.

But I also realize that the current media circus isn't there for one side or the other to 'win'. It's used by all factions to keep the populace polarized and informed on exactly what they WANT us to know. A polarized, arguing, temperamental populace will be too busy fighting each other to fight the government, be it large or small, Democratic or Republican. They don't want people paying attention to what they're doing. And it's working. Few hardcore supporters of any side of this 'war' even consider the terrible things their own side are doing every day while people are too busy locking horns over gun control, birth control, what the gay next door might be doing, and who gets taxed.

Screw 'which side is right'. Watch what they're doing. Watch where the money's going, and who has it, and what they're doing with it. Our country is in a sad state, only because we allowed these rich bastards to turn our focus from it, to each other, and make enemies of our neighbors.

Rush Limbaugh may be a great intellectual leader.
    I feel like "great" and "intellectual" and "may be" has been redefined.

Unfortunately both sides have been revealed to be full of politicians. (gasp!) It's a false choice.

With the new normal being "career politicians", they are completely disconnected from reality.

We need term limits for every political office. The allows politicians to actually stand for something without decades of bribes and agreements weighing them down. Further it enables politicians to become real people again...they have to go back to their job as a plumber, lawyer, salesman, etc.

This would solve a full half of the problems in the government today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    I was talking about his use of political definitions. Don't need to take it personally. And no, I don't know you and I don't really care who u are.
    oh hey, welcome back! Can't say you missed much while you were gone. The thread has basically been people arguing over meaningless details for the last few pages :I
    Also, apparently my keyboard can't make a forward-slash right now, and that's mildly concerning...

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I feel like "great" and "intellectual" and "may be" has been redefined.
    Basically he is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike an intellectual leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    haha liberal media. You mean centrist media, right? Damn, we're so skewed in the states that we don't even know where we are on the world scale
    Contextually. Not all of us keep the world-at-large in the same heart as America.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Contextually. Not all of us keep the world-at-large in the same heart as America.
    you should probably say democrat media and republican media instead then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep saying what I want to say. You and others know what I mean.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Seriously, Poe's law.

You're punking us with some of your comments, aren't you?
    Intellectual leader? I don't know about that.

But I can't help but roll my eyes when I see people rage against Rush. Most of these people never listen to him..outside of edited outtakes.

I'll keep saying what I want to say. You and others know what I mean.
    not really. what if i live in europe? there liberal means classical liberal. why not just say what you really mean instead of using vague language?

But I can't help but roll my eyes when I see people rage against Rush. Most of these people never listen to him..outside of edited outtakes.
    ...do i need to listen to all of Hitler's speeches and philosophies from his own mouth before I can call him a loon?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...do i need to listen to all of Hitler's speeches and philosophies from his own mouth before I can call him a loon?
    you're just calling Hitler a loon because he says what he believes. liberals love to attack people for basic freedom of speech

Didn't he call a college age girl a slut and a whore because she testified before congress that The Pill should be covered because its use helps prevent many different kinds of cancer and it is also prescribed by doctors for women who have a ton of pain during menstration, even if they are not, and have no plans to be, sexually active?

Additionally, in case anyone was wondering.

Salami tactics, also known as the salami-slice strategy, is a divide and conquer process of threats and alliances used to overcome opposition. With it, an aggressor can influence and eventually dominate a landscape, typically political, piece by piece. In this fashion, the opposition is eliminated "slice by slice" until one realizes (too late) that it's gone in its entirety. In some cases it includes the creation of several factions within the opposing political party and then dismantling that party from the inside, without causing the "sliced" sides to protest. Salami tactics are most likely to succeed when the perpetrators keep their true long-term motives hidden and maintain a posture of cooperativeness and helpfulness while engaged in the intended gradual subversion.

behold my copypaste powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    you're just calling Hitler a loon because he says what he believes. liberals love to attack people for basic freedom of speech
    Ummm... no. I call Hitler a loon because his "beliefs" involve removing basic freedoms from other people. You know that. Rush does the same fear/hate mongering - though Rush simply does it for profit.

BTW - good luck now for defending Adolf Hitler's "rights to encourage and promote hate and intolerance". People will really respond well to that on the forums. ^_^

Yeah, only a "liberal" would dare denounce Adolf Hitler's speeches. Great argument...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You make a great point of why freedom of speech should be restricted. Because Hitler.

And please, please stop calling the left liberals. They are not liberals in any reasonable sense of the term. Progressives at best.