Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Elemental Tier 15 set bonus

Someone had to start the new thread about Elemental's new set bonus so lets start discussing.

•Item - Shaman T15 Elemental 2P Bonus (New) Your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lighting spells have an 10% chance to cause a Lightning Strike at the target’s location, dealing 70,000 Nature damage to all non-crowd controlled targets within 0 yards
    •Item - Shaman T15 Elemental 4P Bonus (New) The cooldown of your Ascendence is reduced by 1 sec each time you cast Lava Burst.

I personally really like the two piece set bonus, but im cursious to know if it will proc off of more then 1 target with chain lightning, and does it proc off our mastery and EOtE procs as well. Lots of testing will be needed to be done to confirm this question.
    knowing Blizzard there might b a shord ICD to prevent multiple procs.

Now for the the four piece I like the four piece as well not nearly as much as the two piece, but its a nice bonus none the less. Now im curious to see if this bonus procs with our mastery and EotE as well. If it does not id like to see the 1sec reduced cast raised to 3 secs so it would be Feed back reborn .

Id love to hear your suggestions on our new talents

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    and what?! I dont get your idea to link the other changes??

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Yeah because spell changes and tier item set bonuses are the same thing, right? No.

considering procced LBs and CLs are considered the spell themselves and not a separate spell im guessing the 4p will interact very well with mastery and echo.

the two piece is guna be crazy if it's a short ICD haha
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Unless we can't reduce the Ascandance CD to about 2 minutes the 4P is not as great as it sounds. Including overloads that would mean 40 LvBs within 2 minutes (50% mastery). Single target, that is a bit much.
    Trolls probably won't like the 4P since their racial is on a 3 min CD, as an Ork and/or Ingi (as I am) one would need the CD as close as possible to 2 min. Especially with EM on 1 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurean View Post
    Unless we can't reduce the Ascandance CD to about 2 minutes the 4P is not as great as it sounds. Including overloads that would mean 40 LvBs within 2 minutes (50% mastery). Single target, that is a bit much.
    Trolls probably won't like the 4P since their racial is on a 3 min CD, as an Ork and/or Ingi (as I am) one would need the CD as close as possible to 2 min. Especially with EM on 1 min CD.
    I agree with you its going to be tough to push ascendance down to two minutes thats why im hoping they change it from 1 second to 3 seconds (a la Feedback) because back during cata we were able to get ele mastery down to 1:30 sec so if its needed hopefully they make the change.

Deleted
    Judging from the wording on the tooltip, it says whenever you cast a LvB so I'm not sure overload procs would even lower the CD at all.

I'm hoping the 4 piece lines up with our racials / elemental mastery, but I doubt it. 2 piece looks very interesting though!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonn View Post
    Judging from the wording on the tooltip, it says whenever you cast a LvB so I'm not sure overload procs would even lower the CD at all.
    I can't think of any spells that work off when you begin a cast timer instead of when the spell hits. It usually says cast in such cases. Still mathematically I don't see you getting to 2 minutes ascendance. You may be able to clip 2m 10s sometimes and catch the back end of elemental mastery per-say, but otherwise I just don't see the probability in your favour there. Still, you will very often get an extra ascendance on boss fights with this so it should be a fair increase regardless. Just not as good as it *could* be

The set bonus would ruin cd synergy with a lot of things. What I would suggest is this:
    Your Ascendance ability no longer has a cool down but will have a duration of 1 second for every 12 seconds it is not used up to a maximum of 20 seconds.

i thought this but also, think about it, the spell becomes instant CAST, on lava surge.

so your are still casting the spell regardless of its cast time, so i imagine it will work.

Deleted
    Tired of LB/CL giving a spell proc.. either by Mastery or Echo of Elements and now 2PC. Just fix ele, raise LB damage, slow it and make the glyph baseline..

And how can you say we should pop at the same time Ascendance and Elemental Mastery ? Im already very close to the 1sec LvB, with Elemental Mastery it will go down to 0.8/0.9

Quote Originally Posted by del9y View Post
    And how can you say we should pop at the same time Ascendance and Elemental Mastery ? Im already very close to the 1sec LvB, with Elemental Mastery it will go down to 0.8/0.9
    Unless you reforge completely into haste, it should not be a problem. With 507gear and EB, I reforge into mastery, so I have only 6000 haste rating (20% buffed). With EM I am still above 1 sec casttime.

Unless you reforge completely into haste, it should not be a problem. With 507gear and EB, I reforge into mastery, so I have only 6000 haste rating (20% buffed). With EM I am still above 1 sec casttime.
    If you have at least 15% Haste, any 30% Haste CD will bring you over 50%, which will cause Lvb to sit at 1sec.

2Pc and 4pc don't work well with each other.

One lets you cast more Lvb through Ascendance, one buffs Lb, if you have the 4pc the 2pc will do less damage than before, don't like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i thought this but also, think about it, the spell becomes instant CAST, on lava surge.

so your are still casting the spell regardless of its cast time, so i imagine it will work.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the act of casting the spell, not the cast time, but it makes sense now that you mention it for it to lower the cooldown on overload and EotE procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you have at least 15% Haste, any 30% Haste CD will bring you over 50%, which will cause Lvb to sit at 1sec.

2Pc and 4pc don't work well with each other.

One lets you cast more Lvb through Ascendance, one buffs Lb, if you have the 4pc the 2pc will do less damage than before, don't like this.
    Our current T14 is sort of like this at the moment too, 2p buffs LB, but 4p lets use ES more which is a gcd that would have been used on LB. I actually prefer it this way because if the 2p affected LvB in some way, it would make us rely on our Ascendance burst even more than we already do.

Our current T14 is sort of like this at the moment too, 2p buffs LB, but 4p lets use ES more which is a gcd that would have been used on LB. I actually prefer it this way because if the 2p affected LvB in some way, it would make us rely on our Ascendance burst even more than we already do.
    If the 2pc would actually matter it's a ~1% dps increase, not that much.

Also, the 4pc matters for Lb, More Lb -> More LS -> More Fulmination.

The Number of Fulmination is linked to the number of Lb, the number of Lvb however is not linked to number of Lb's.

Personally it would be good if the 2pc would affect Lvb, 2pc increases dmg, 4pc allows you to cast it more often, i don't really like the 4Pc, even more complicated to set up Procs / CD / Skull Banner for Ascendance.

do you all plan to macro EM or what o0 this ability will get a 1 min cd. thus, to actually plan its best usage and depending on bossfights and upcoming movements you will dealy its usage about 5-10 seconds after the cd comes up... With 4pc, imho, there will be a gap of about ~15 sec till the seconds ascendence will be can used again. I'm sufficient with that...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    shaman (forums / skills / talent calculator)
    the elemental shaman 2t15 bonus triggers from lightning bolt and chain lightning hits (including overloads). A chain lightning that hits 5 targets has 5 separate chances to trigger the lightning strike. If it overloads, then 10 chances. there is no icd, so it can proc multiple times from a single chain lightning. However, in the next build (or perhaps a hotfix), the damage from the lightning strike will be split between affected targets. There is a very high potential impact from this set bonus, so we’re keeping our eye on this, and may have to nerf it. But we’re trying it this way, since it is the most fun version.
    ooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    ooooooooooooooooooooo
    IKR looks amazing fingers crossed it wont b nerfed