Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Really find it hard to believe that was the sole reason for the kick. Seems that there must have been a contributing factor such as continually pulling off the tank due to poor threat management (with higher gear), exhibiting an elitist attitude conserning the low level of gear of the party, pulling for the tank just because you can, or as a tank tearing off like a rocket because you really do not need an excessive amount of heals.

I cannot think of anyone that WANTS to work overly hard at capping thier valor once you have no need for heroics gear, or obtaining their initial gear upon leveling to ninety at lower gear levels. Having a player that overgears the content only serves to lower the chance of a bogged down run but some players have attitudes that are "too geared" as well.

Not saying this is you. Just food for conversation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Usually when I que in with my ilvl 500 tank All I get is a thank god at the start. and a Thank you after I chain pull the heroic in 8 minutes.

well, as the op states, an hour que, so they were definitely dps as tanks and heals have instant ques

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    In WotLK when I wanted a more casual raiding guild after ICC burnout I got denied from a guild because I would make the other dps feel bad for doing almost twice the dps they did since I was full heroic.

Look at your statement. "I would make the other dps feel bad".

Was this because you came to them and would not help to bring them up to your level of play or was this because you TOLD them they were not at your level of play?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Why do people write "this"? Looks really unintelligent. Work on that.
    On topic, bad tank cant hold agro? Friends in group, they kick.
    Think harder. Dont just write "this". GL.

Why do people write their opinion as fact? looks really unintelligent. Work on that.

I'm on the boat that op is leaving something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    I usually just queue as tank and if im nice i even go into defstance

Pulling aggro happens when you either:

In Heroics-
    with gear thats too good and then it doesn't matter because dps can tank here anywa

In Raids-
    You attack the wrong target, which is bad
    Your tank sucks

If your role is DPS the damage meter is the ONLY metric that is important after mechanics in any given raid encounter.
    As DPS we are lucky we even have any way to measure of quality besides the simple we beat the encounter.
    We beat the boss is the only metric that does matter.
    If you do not perform you do not meet enrage timer.
    No need for a meter to tell you that.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    They got rid of the need to manage threat because it was "Too Hard". Hence addition of Vengeance and threat generation boosts. "But we need vengeance because classes like warlocks start gaining threat in the long end", because you know, warlocks don't have soul shatter. "Warriors do not have aggro dumps" They most certainly do, it's called stop attacking "But then I'm not super cool at the top of the dps/damage meters" and there is the problem with the system.

They did it because it wasn't fun. It was boring to have to stop dps because the tank can't generate enough threat.

Amory go!" want a sheet of your char to see that you are "too geared"

Pic or it dident happen
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Or at the end, they post their meters and say "You're welcome!"
    You just tell those people "lol thats it? Pretty bad dps for your gear."

The butthurt that generates is quite entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've actually had something along these lines happen to me before when I queued as DPS. I responded with complete and baffled incredulity, but it turned out that the tank in the group was fairly green and was afraid they wouldn't be able to hold aggro. After a bit of conversation he and his guildmates (I happened to be the odd man out from another server) decided to try it out and it went fine. The OP might've encountered a similar issue with a tank that didn't want to look like a chump or a newbie due to gear disparity... hard to say.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Kicked after killing DW in a LFR. 2 asshats was "looting the chest" but holding on to the gold until everyone left so they could ninja all 400g. I just happened to stick around until it was just the 3 of us and BAM vote kick.
    Pretty sure you can't kick after the run is over.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just want to say that I love the irony of someone being kicked for being too geared, considering how many times I've seen people kicked for being "undergeared" when they had the item level to be in a heroic to begin with (which says that they're geared enough for the content).

Quote Originally Posted by genericsmurf View Post
    I noticed this, too ... ist especially common if there are several people from the same RP-realm. I guess they want to have their pace, which would be ok if stated at the beginning of the run. I just don't understand why the use of lfd is ok for them (instead of organizing a full group on their realm and actually physically transporting their toons to the dungeon, which would be a consequent way of enforcing your own chosen rules)

Yes. lets please leave RP out of the equation. Got in a 4/5 group from moonguard that wanted to "RP walk" the entire dungeon. Needless to say that didn't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Yes. lets please leave RP out of the equation. Got in a 4/5 group from moonguard that wanted to "RP walk" the entire dungeon. Needless to say that didn't happen.
    I have yet to see something like this.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    I love all the ASS​umption in this thread....smh
    I wish I could upvote this, like a fucking Youtube comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunz View Post
    Amory go!" want a sheet of your char to see that you are "too geared"

Pic or it dident happen

Her mage is 496. It is linked in her signature.

Question is, how many times did you pull aggro before they decided to initiate the votekick ?

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Happened to me only once. But much like finding yourself at the wrong end of a jailhouse romance it is something you will never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    I just want to say that I love the irony of someone being kicked for being too geared, considering how many times I've seen people kicked for being "undergeared" when they had the item level to be in a heroic to begin with (which says that they're geared enough for the content).
    You're welcome to keep that Warrior Tank in lvling (sub 400 iLvl) gear chain dying to trash... because he has PvP DPS gear in his bags.

You're welcome to keep that 5k HPS Healer in +hit and +crit gear and Shadow spec (and no dual spec)

You're welcome...

There is a tonne of reason to kick trash from H/5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    I post my meter and ask for my 10k tip.
    Being a douche on the internet does not increase penis size.

Deleted
    If your role is DPS the damage meter is the ONLY metric that is important after mechanics in any given raid encounter.
    Really? Here was me thinking the boss being dead was of some import...oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I've seen it once and it was a rather awesome yet time consuming experience, was like being part of an interactive B-rated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Question is, how many times did you pull aggro before they decided to initiate the votekick ?
    If the tank is an idiot and DPS pull agro and healer is not a chump its no issue...

Kick the tank and keep using a Hunter or Lock pet instead =D

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mizanthropic View Post
    Really? Here was me thinking the boss being dead was of some import...oh well...
    Yeah keep using bosses as training dummies and ignore the mechanics that the other ppl will have to do to offset your recount.