Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The only thing I would say regarding reforging is that you can safely take away that little spirit on the MH, even after swapping trinkets you are sitting solidly over 10k Spirit and unless you are really, really running into mana problems you should be able to drop a bit on that end.
    Just something I prefer personally is to keep one line of gemming and sort the rest via reforging, i.e. I wouldn't have the Energized, but I know some optimizer tools suggest things like those gems to "max out" stats. And I would possibly have upgraded some different items with VP than what you chose, however that's nothing to revert so it's out of the discussion. Just upgrade what's perfectly itemized and you don't see yourself replacing really quickly, preferrably a weapon or trinket slot. I went for Chi Ji e.g.; while it doesn't look that impressive with the Ilvl, I knew just because I prefer to have the spirit procs I'll be using Chi Ji (&Spirits of the Sun) for the whole tier and thus put my valor into that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Guys - sorry to bother you with a dumb question. I'm trying out this spec after having been ONLY BrM/WW for some time.

Which glyphs do you typically recommend? I've been recommended Glyph of Mana Tea since that makes it instant-cast (I am currently having mana issues in 462 gear that I've primarily reforged into spirit/crit).

Also, which Lv 45 talents? I've heard Chi Brew is supposed to be particularly strong for burst heals, but then someone recommended Ascension since my spirit is incredibly low right now. Right now I have around 4K spirit total, and yep most of my items are 450 or 458/453 as MW - a mixture of Contender's, BG, and maybe one or two 463 items. I have at least one Agi item mixed in still (I'm still running BGs to try to finish getting int gear, before I step into 5mans or LFR).

Overall, the spec is interesting - not at all what I expected Thanks for tolerating my nub questions! I've kind of been asking around, and have received very split information.

Edit: Oh, goodie. Looks like I even logged out in my crap MW gear, so maybe yall can even spot what I'm doing wrong. Currently, I'm mostly PvPing to get the MW gear (I just don't want to take spirit leather from someone who might actually need it, nor do I want to queue a dungeon when I'm still in mostly Agi items). Also, for JC stuff, I'm assuming to use the Int Serpent's Eyes? Or would the Spirit ones benefit me more at this point in time? Prior to this expansion I've always been a healer, so I know that mana issues will be the norm until I have more gear. That + the MW I play with all warned me that mana is pretty tight in this spec.
    Last edited by Callimonk; 2013-01-11 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Hi Guys - sorry to bother you with a dumb question. I'm trying out this spec after having been ONLY BrM/WW for some time.

Which glyphs do you typically recommend? I've been recommended Glyph of Mana Tea since that makes it instant-cast (I am currently having mana issues in 462 gear that I've primarily reforged into spirit/crit).

Also, which Lv 45 talents? I've heard Chi Brew is supposed to be particularly strong for burst heals, but then someone recommended Ascension since my spirit is incredibly low right now. Right now I have around 4K spirit total, and yep most of my items are 450 or 458/453 as MW - a mixture of Contender's, BG, and maybe one or two 463 items. I have at least one Agi item mixed in still (I'm still running BGs to try to finish getting int gear, before I step into 5mans or LFR).

Overall, the spec is interesting - not at all what I expected Thanks for tolerating my nub questions! I've kind of been asking around, and have received very split information.

Edit: Oh, goodie. Looks like I even logged out in my crap MW gear, so maybe yall can even spot what I'm doing wrong. Currently, I'm mostly PvPing to get the MW gear (I just don't want to take spirit leather from someone who might actually need it, nor do I want to queue a dungeon when I'm still in mostly Agi items). Also, for JC stuff, I'm assuming to use the Int Serpent's Eyes? Or would the Spirit ones benefit me more at this point in time? Prior to this expansion I've always been a healer, so I know that mana issues will be the norm until I have more gear. That + the MW I play with all warned me that mana is pretty tight in this spec.
    Mana Tea is essential. Beyond that, Renewing Mist is important because 20 yards is a pretty short range. The third is more flexible, I use Surging Mist.

As far as L45, there's plenty of room for debate, but I prefer Ascension. I like the flexibility to go up to 5 Chi (and not having to rely on a cooldown of Chi Brew to do it), and the increased mana pool is a good thing as it also increases the amount you get from Mana Tea. Chi Brew is balanced around using it on cooldown, or nearly so, but often that doesn't line up with when you actually want more chi. It's fantastic to be able to use it during heavy aoe damage phases and spam out two more Uplifts quickly, but overall I still prefer Ascension. I don't like Power Strikes much at all.

As far as gear, you just need raw ilvl mostly, but for anywhere you can get it, Spirit gear. Spirit spirit spirit, and more spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Mana Tea is essential.
    Thats not true, i havent run wiht Mana tea glyphed for awhile now and tbh i like it better wihtot, Wiht hte glyph you need almost to use it on CD just so you will have the mana all the time. Unglyph it and you can drink when there is not much dmg going out. And in all fights i done there is always some points you can stand and drink it for a few seconds

Mana Tea is essential. Beyond that, Renewing Mist is important because 20 yards is a pretty short range. The third is more flexible, I use Surging Mist.

As far as L45, there's plenty of room for debate, but I prefer Ascension. I like the flexibility to go up to 5 Chi (and not having to rely on a cooldown of Chi Brew to do it), and the increased mana pool is a good thing as it also increases the amount you get from Mana Tea. Chi Brew is balanced around using it on cooldown, or nearly so, but often that doesn't line up with when you actually want more chi. It's fantastic to be able to use it during heavy aoe damage phases and spam out two more Uplifts quickly, but overall I still prefer Ascension. I don't like Power Strikes much at all.

As far as gear, you just need raw ilvl mostly, but for anywhere you can get it, Spirit gear. Spirit spirit spirit, and more spirit.
    I disagree with most of this. Mana Tea is definitely a pick of mine, though I stop short at thinking its essential. Renewing Mist is also an easy pick, however glyphing Surging is questionable. You lose the ability to target, and the spell itself is too expensive to be casting more than a handful of times in a fight. I much prefer Zen Med for cheesing certain mechanics, but it's less useful in 5 mans. Spinning Crane Kick is better for 25s than 10s.

Also Power Strikes is the biggest mana-saver in that tier of talents.

Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    glyphing Surging is questionable. You lose the ability to target, and the spell itself is too expensive to be casting more than a handful of times in a fight.
    The only times you lose the ability to target are when you're hardcasting it. Why are you hardcasting it? Soothing Mist will still force Surging's target to be your Soothing target, glyph or no glyph.

And I agree that it's questionable, which is why I said that the third is more flexible.

Deleted
    The only times you lose the ability to target are when you're hardcasting it. Why are you hardcasting it? Soothing Mist will still force Surging's target to be your Soothing target, glyph or no glyph.

And I agree that it's questionable, which is why I said that the third is more flexible.
    Ok then why you took the glyph if you're not hardcasting it?

would you say this spec is gonna be viable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galarn View Post
    would you say this spec is gonna be viable
    Mistweavers are very much viable, and I don't see that changing in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    Mistweavers are very much viable, and I don't see that changing in 5.2.
    As long as by viable you mean only good at sustained AoE healing, and everything else they bring, another class brings in a significantly improved form, then yes. Yes we're viable.

Actually I kid, if chi wave stays the way it is, it should be sick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    As long as by viable you mean only good at sustained AoE healing, and everything else they bring, another class brings in a significantly improved form, then yes. Yes we're viable.

Actually I kid, if chi wave stays the way it is, it should be sick.
    Care to elaborate? I haven't had a chance to get onto PTR and would be nice to know how the changes have effected MW.

On a separate note, how do people think the set bonus will effect haste, if at all (mainly referring to the 2pT15) will it make pushing the next haste cap more viable considering people are already claiming mana is a non-issue and we will have more and more stats available in next teir gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valient View Post
    Care to elaborate? I haven't had a chance to get onto PTR and would be nice to know how the changes have effected MW.

On a separate note, how do people think the set bonus will effect haste, if at all (mainly referring to the 2pT15) will it make pushing the next haste cap more viable considering people are already claiming mana is a non-issue and we will have more and more stats available in next teir gear?
    The next haste cap will be easily attainable, for the most part if you're not gearing crit like mad. That gives us a tick every 1.6 seconds or so if I recall correctly.

I'm not sure why you would gear for another haste cap, bar spamming SCK it's our worst stat for throughput (and worst for mana if you're spamming SCK).
    The only reason we get the first cap is because it makes ReM reach maximum duration. It's not feasible to always reduce haste down to 500~ so, we hit the 3145 cap instead. Even for just ReM/uplift, crit > haste for HPS the last time I looked at it. As well, haste only buffs ReM, and thats the less important one in most cases (using uplift as a reactive heal to save people is a lot more important than a little more blanket healing.)

Chi wave is a 400k~ (on average, in my 507 ilvl gear) smart heal (actually smart) on a 15s CD that's completely free. This is comparable to chi torpedo w/o the CD stacking up. The difference being a loss of a third of an uplift in HPS(e), meaning...it's ALWAYS going to be an HPS increase, not to mention the "utility" of it being smart. To put it in perspective, used on CD on H Garalon (6:20 fight length), assuming 30% overheal (verrrry high for a smart heal like chi wave, but equivalent to my average), thats a bonus 7 million healing, at a loss of 25 globals, and assuming these globals cancel out globals used on uplifts, means I would lose around 1.9 million healing. Ala my parse, that would be around a 10% increase in total healing. So, a roughly 10% increase in raw healing to the already highest throughput healer, in the form of a smart heal. Yeah, seems pretty legit to me. The thing I always complain about is a lack of ability to spot heal (ala circle of healing). Free and more powerful chi wave will do exactly that... if not more. 80k heals feel like they're picking someone up, 40k not so much. Not what I would've done, but 5.2 ptr chi wave is a pretty huge buff to MW atm. Whether or not it will fix MW (their lack of utility (is)was the problem, but honestly I expect a nerf to this soon because it puts us up to disc priest levels of throughput...which needs a nerf as well, but thats another topic.) Then again, I said they'd nerf healing spheres so I've been wrong before... (how 193k HPS sustained is balanced is beyond me rofl.)

Deleted
    Oh no definitely, but it really depends how close we are to it in the next tier of gear. We might be in a position where 3146 haste isn't feasible to jump down to, so it might actually be worth going to that 5243 haste for a ~10% or so increase in healing for ReM.

Well f you want to sacrifise alot of spirit/crit you can reach the 5243 hast point now already. so to reach it in next tier wont be that hard i think

Deleted
    Error on my part sorry, that's not 5.2k haste. It's ~ 6150.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Error on my part sorry, that's not 5.2k haste. It's ~ 6150.
    You could still get it. But you would be oom kinda fast since you wont get extra manstacks from cirt (or well you get but not often) and spirit would be kinda low also

Deleted
    This tier yeah, in 535 item level gear or so we might have enough passive haste to make the jump worth it.

Well wiht hte 2set bonus ReM will prob do more healing and wiht 1 extra tick will prob make it even better.

15% increase to ReM would still not make it stronger than uplift, at least not in my logs where I need extra throughput (garalon, tsulong, etc.)