Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Transmog Changes in 5.2

Is it just me or is the upcoming change a bit unfair for several classes?

I know it's only a cosmetic feature, but if you look into the details, caster classes, hunters (they already have this option) and possibly rogues don't have any benefit from them. Shamans are the only ones who have a small benefit, because they can use maces and axes. So a caster has virtually no option to transmog a specific weapon type into another one.

What do you think? Would you prefer a small overhaul in weapon accessibility? Maybe one handed swords for priests, maces for mages and axe for warlocks for more options?

I would love to see a sword for my priest.

Blizzard would have to many tons of changes and spend many resources to different items for each class tot use what.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

To make this unfair you have to MAKE it seem that way. You're basically claiming that different classes having limited access to armor and weapon types is unfair if you want to go down this road, which is absurd. This is nonsensical.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Edited..... just read the further posts please....
    Last edited by Vintersol; 2013-01-11 at 11:09 PM.

Not everything has to be fair for everyone. We'd all overall get less that way, in the long run.

Plus as a caster I'm very excited about the upcoming changes ... they're changing (nearly) all previous caster weapons from main hand to one hand, meaning I can finally xmog my Rigormortis from ICC onto my Loshan from Terrace
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    You don't get it. It's unfair to implement a feature that is completely useless for several classes.
    "completely useless?"

You can still transmog your REGULAR items anyway.

Blizzard isn't taking anything AWAY from these other classes, they're making it LESS restrictive. It's just that they're not making it "less restrictive" for you necessarily.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we finally enable legendary transmogs if you acquired said legendary during the proper expansion(or vanilla)? I'd love to rock my Val'anyr again. I'm sure it'll never happen...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus as a caster I'm very excited about the upcoming changes ... they're changing (nearly) all previous caster weapons from main hand to one hand, meaning I can finally xmog my Rigormortis from ICC onto my Loshan from Terrace
    Are you a mage/WL? Then yes. Swords are affected and you get more to choose from.
    Are you a priest? Move along, nothing new to see here.

I think this is what the OP is calling "unfair".

While it is true, I am disappointed that I'm still restricted to ugly maces (there are so few that actually look decent <_< ), it's a thing I can live with.

Deleted
    Yeah it's really unfair... They're adding a new Monk spell, it's really unfair since as a Paladin I can't use it.

You don't get it. It's unfair to implement a feature that is completely useless for several classes.
    Wah..

How...

You're better off arguing the Warlock Green Fire quest than this..
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

No it's not. You don't get it. It's only unfair because certain classes only use certain weapon types.

The only way to change this would be to let the classes you think are being unfairly treated use weapons they aren't intended to be using.

You're the one who is being unfair actually, but it takes some really amazing metacognitive abilities to see it, which i can get for you for the right price.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Casters are going to need something other than transmog, because weapons just don't matter for them. Warlocks got a neat new option with their fel fire chain.

Hunters are in a good spot for transmog, pets are something that could have greater customization tapped, though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I just have to say it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves.
    I was so excited to turn my ugly mace into a awesome/transmog fitting Dagger. Not to mention the countless times i did the Black Temple Instance for the Dagger. Implementing A Feature I can't even use as Priest...Awesome,well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "completely useless?"

You can still transmog your REGULAR items anyway.

Blizzard isn't taking anything AWAY from these other classes, they're making it LESS restrictive. It's just that they're not making it "less restrictive" for you necessarily.
    I'm very surprised about those rageposts....

Just for you: The changes in 5.2 are completely useless for several classes, because they don't have access to weapons with the same animations (the main requirement for transmog one weapon type into another). That's it. You can't equip a dagger and transmog a wand over it.

Granyala got the point. While other classes are able to choose their favorite weapons for transmog, others are still restricted to a weapontype they probably don't like, but wear it because of it's stats. This is by the way the entire reason for upcoming change.... to have options.

Okay. Listen. Please.

These aren't rage posts.

These are posts that don't agree with your opinion.

And since you're being rude, stubborn, and not listening, the responders to your thread are doing the same, including me.

Start using logic and stop insulting people, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Just for you: The changes in 5.2 are completely useless for several classes, because they don't have access to weapons with the same animations (the main requirement for transmog one weapon type into another). That's it. You can't equip a dagger and transmog a wand over it.

Granyala got the point. While other classes are able to choose their favorite weapons for transmog, others are still restricted to a weapontype they probably don't like, but wear it because of it's stats. This is by the way the entire reason for upcoming change.... to have options.
    Meanwhile Cloth Casters have had acces to a lot of fun stuff like Pirate Hats and what not through Transmog - and no other classes can do that - UNFAIR!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Start using logic and stop insulting people, please.
    ....wait what?

You just killed your own arguement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Are you a mage/WL? Then yes. Swords are affected and you get more to choose from.

I think this is what the OP is calling "unfair".

While it is true, I am disappointed that I'm still restricted to ugly maces (there are so few that actually look decent <_< ), it's a thing I can live with.
    Well is the same with priest, now all maces will be one-hand so now you have more options of maces (my main is a priest), the same with daggers (I don't think you will use a dagger... ever, unless you're lvling but meeehhh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well is the same with priest, now all maces will be one-hand so now you have more options of maces (my main is a priest), the same with daggers (I don't think you will use a dagger... ever, unless you're lvling but meeehhh)
    Only a handful of caster weapons are onehanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    You just killed your own arguement.
    Maybe i was not accurate enough:

Feature = Patch 5.2 changes, not the entire transmog feature.
    Last edited by Vintersol; 2013-01-11 at 10:46 PM.