Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The way flying is currently implemented, it hurts gameplay by shortening the current content's shelf-life. Being able to fly in and drop straight down on your target, whether it be a mob or node, is lame gameplay. If flying mechanics were more complicated, and if mob packs had more air defenses, then we'd see some compelling flight-driven gameplay. But as of now, flight is a convenience that hurts gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    But these small quest zones where you can't fly are so small, that doing dailies surely can't take any longer thene flying in the bigger zones.
    Blizzard's not dumb, they aren't making these ground zones huuuuge, with mountains in the way.

I can understand wanting flying mounts for the dailies in the leveling zones, but these zones are designed to be easy to traverese on foot, firelands daily hub was hilariously packed with dailies in a small area that took like what, a minute to traverse on a groundmount?

Why are these no fly zones a thorn in their sides thene? Surely noone is going to complain about travel time in the firelands zone, neighter IQD or the likes, the place is just to small.
    Yet we have because they just could have easily made flying enabled on these zones or even more made these zones like the rest of the large daily zones. They are needlessly complicating a mechanic of the game purely for the sake of nostalgia and wpvp influences.

Also some people would argue being forced into ground mounting again after ground mounting from 1-60 and 85-90 is like getting full set of 496's and being told you can only use one of them despite the other pieces sitting in your bags. It's a removal of power and a frustrating inconvenience for those who do dailies as they are intended as pure chores and wish to do other fun things in this game.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Sounds fun though my guild is on a pve server so I miss out on the fun

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Yet we have because they just could have easily made flying enabled on these zones or even more made these zones like the rest of the large daily zones. They are needlessly complicating a mechanic of the game purely for the sake of nostalgia and wpvp influences.

Also some people would argue being forced into ground mounting again after ground mounting from 1-60 and 85-90 is like getting full set of 496's and being told you can only use one of them despite the other pieces sitting in your bags. It's a removal of power and a frustrating inconvenience for those who do dailies as they are intended as pure chores and wish to do other fun things in this game.
    I don't think there's any use convincing some of these people no matter how many times you prove to them otherwise or how many good reasons you put out there. Some of them just want the attention and see how much of it they can get, no matter how fail their argument tends to be.

For example, the person you're responding to. Look how many times he's contradicted himself or has said that he mentioned something he never did until we called him out on it.

This is just like every other thing people bitch about in WoW that Blizz never listens to. Hell, I bet the reason why GC even said that is because he sees the constant barrage of people rambling all day bitching over stupid shit like this. No wonder the Blues on the official forums get chips on their shoulders sometimes when this is all they ever hear.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

To get the epic set you just have to bother doing your weekly wins, wich doesn't take long at all.
    The only easier thing would be buying it from a vendor for gold.
    Or getting it for free in the mail.
    LFR = You always get something. Gear Gold whatever.
    Arena = You never get anything if you lose.

Huge difference. Easy to lose Arena. Impossible to lose LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Want more reasons to not have flying removed? I don't want to fight a ton of mobs to get to my raid EVERY TIME I have to go there (which is quite often). I don't want to get ganked too, yeah that's another reason. One more reason is I prefer to spend my time wrapping up all the jobs I have and being effective in raid while not having to spend 2 hours on something because 3-4 horde guys decided to gank me. I'm not selfish, I just ask for the option to fly, no one forced YOU or anyone else that loves PvP to get on flying mounts, use your ground mounts and stop the crap (Everyone takes the easy way, I call that WEAK WILLPOWER). Well maybe the ppl who want flying removed are a bunch of whiners and a minority of the wow community found only in the forums. It's not about not wanting to do something with other players, it's having the freedom to do what I LIKE. When you choose server it doesn't say "You will get ganked mercilessly to the point you will logout", does it? By removing flying mounts you take away from me the freedom to do what I like (PVE), while you AREN'T FORCED IN AN PvE INSTANCE whether you are in a PvP or a PvE server. Who said I want to be ganked by you so you can have fun... I don't ruin others good time to have fun and I expect the same treatment, whether it's a PvE or a PvP server. Learn what selfish and freedom means and then reply to me. Until then pick your 1-2 friends that want to use ground mounts and wpvp with them (Doubt there are more).
    Look it's really simple.

There's no deffense for picking the wrong server, none, nada, ZIT.
    I could show compassion if you where low level, but you're not, so I don't.

The reason I called you selfish is because you where being rude to people who DID pick the right server.

You picked the wrong servertype, and thene mock the people that picked the correct server type, calling the people who actually understood what they where getting into "pathetic".

Now all that doesn't bother me, what bothers me, is whene people that object to things that make a pvp server more dangerous, being it no fly zones or crossrealm zones.

Basicly like this, pvp servers had issues, pvp was hard to come by, zones where empty, and flying made it just a tad to hard to run into eachother at times.
    Now people who roled on the wrong servertype come in and object to these fixes for these problems being implemented, because they do not like the pvp side.

YOU chose the wrong servertype, why should the people who chose the correct once have to listen to you not wanting pvp on a pvp server,you have your own damn servers, you don't see me whining I can't kill anyone on a pve server.

Just switch server or deal with it, instead of whining to change the rules to your liking, just because you picked a wrong server whene you where a kid.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    LFR = You always get something. Gear Gold whatever.
    Arena = You never get anything if you lose.

Huge difference. Easy to lose Arena. Impossible to lose LFR.
    This is just..wow.

No you do not get anything in lfr for losing, if you wipe, no loot.
    Wining a few games in arena is not harder thene winning lfr, once you are low mmr, you will win, just as in lfr.

Once your mmr is the correct number, most people will be looking at a 50% winratio. It doesn't take long to win or lose an arenagame eighter, nor are you depending on a dropchance, it's VERY easy to get a gearset, it's capped on how much you can advance per week, sure but it's easy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:19 AM ----------

That's a completely fair point and I will grant you that.
    Removing abilities is odd and feels weird, I agree.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2013-01-12 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    Look it's really simple.

There's no deffense for picking the wrong server, none, nada, ZIT.
    I could show compassion if you where low level, but you're not, so I don't.

The reason I called you selfish is because you where being rude to people who DID pick the right server.

You picked the wrong servertype, and thene mock the people that picked the correct server type, calling the people who actually understood what they where getting into "pathetic".

Now all that doesn't bother me, what bothers me, is whene people that object to things that make a pvp server more dangerous, being it no fly zones or crossrealm zones.

Basicly like this, pvp servers had issues, pvp was hard to come by, zones where empty, and flying made it just a tad to hard to run into eachother at times.
    Now people who roled on the wrong servertype come in and object to these fixes for these problems being implemented, because they do not like the pvp side.

YOU chose the wrong servertype, why should the people who chose the correct once have to listen to you not wanting pvp on a pvp server,you have your own damn servers, you don't see me whining I can't kill anyone on a pve server.

Just switch server or deal with it, instead of whining to change the rules to your liking, just because you picked a wrong server whene you where a kid.
    I'm not whining and I'm not changing the rules to my liking, in fact I want them to stay the way they were, you are the one who wants to change them.
    Also I called pathetic a few specific individuals that feel strong or good when they are 5 vs 1, keep ganking that 1 player and then /spit or /laugh at him/her as if he/she has ANY means to 5v1 anyone. If that's not pathetic then what is.

Also, you say pvp was hard to come by... you have instanced pvp to do which is much better in terms of quality, skill and strategic thinking. You never whined about PvE bosses or anything because NO RAID BOSS ever came to kill you while you were doing dailies and then camped you. Did it? You are the one who wants to force PvP to others despite everyone deserving to have the fun they want without impacting other people's fun. If that's not selfish then I see no point in talking to you anymore. I'm sorry that you can't understand and you can't come up with anything but this POOR argument (that so many others do in forums to force pvp on us pvers), that I picked the wrong server.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    I don't think there's any use convincing some of these people no matter how many times you prove to them otherwise or how many good reasons you put out there. Some of them just want the attention and see how much of it they can get, no matter how fail their argument tends to be.

For example, the person you're responding to. Look how many times he's contradicted himself or has said that he mentioned something he never did until we called him out on it.

This is just like every other thing people bitch about in WoW that Blizz never listens to. Hell, I bet the reason why GC even said that is because he sees the constant barrage of people rambling all day bitching over stupid shit like this. No wonder the Blues on the official forums get chips on their shoulders sometimes when this is all they ever hear.
    Some people have legitimate reasons as to why flying, as it is currently implemented, is not healthy for this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    thunder isle shaping up to be this expansions moltan front.. which itself was pretty fun, so hope this lives up to it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I agree. At this point responding to that particular person seems to just be arguing for the sake of arguing. It's frustrating to see so many close minded people who blindly believe what is given to them and not wanting to seek context. I actually believe that the reason GC said that was to blame something instead of blaming the players and the community like their stance of cata was, even if the something they are blaming is pretty much a perfect system.

I'd just like to say, to everyone who is an advocate of ground mount only gameplay. What you feel is nostalgia. Nothing will ever bring back the feeling of level 1-60 in original vanilla wow sans a flying mount and then leveling 60-70 sans a flying mount and then grinding the 1k gold it took to get your first flying mount. Nothing will bring back the epic feeling of flying for the first time no matter how limited you make flying mounts or how super special you try and make ground mounts. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Some people have legitimate reasons as to why flying, as it is currently implemented, is not healthy for this game.
    Name one that does not involve the relative epicness of questing (because questing isn't designed to be epic despite common misnomer) or world pvp that is a legitimate concern and I will eat my own foot.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2013-01-12 at 12:28 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

You are the one who wants to force PvP to others despite everyone deserving to have the fun they want without impacting other people's fun. If that's not selfish then I see no point in talking to you anymore. I'm sorry that you can't understand and you can't come up with anything but this POOR argument (that so many others do in forums to force pvp on us pvers), that I picked the wrong server.
    I am NOT forcing pvp on anyone, the pvp server ruleset is.
    In the same way I am not forcing any roleplayer not to be called rofljediX, the server ruleset is.

The whole point of a pvp server is to be forced into pvp, there's nothing else to it. If a pvp server doesn't mean that, what would be the point in one?

I've not asked blizzard to change anything, I'm not asking to remove flying mounts, I'm argueing why I think they shouldn't have made this design choice way back thene, it's to late now, obviously.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:31 AM ----------

What?
    I accept if I'm wrong just fine, but I'll have to be point out where, with GOOD reasoning.
    Your arguements where just grammer police and petty insults, you've no room to talk of my arguements if you behave in such a manner.

I have admited other people's points just fine. IF they had good points.

Deleted
    I am NOT forcing pvp on anyone, the pvp server ruleset is.
    In the same way I am not forcing any roleplayer not to be called rofljediX, the server ruleset is.

The whole point of a pvp server is to be forced into pvp, there's nothing else to it. If a pvp server doesn't mean that, what would be the point in one?

I've not asked blizzard to change anything, I'm not asking to remove flying mounts, I'm argueing why I think they shouldn't have made this design choice way back thene, it's to late now, obviously.
    No it doesn't force it, I'm ok with how it is now, I can use my flying server and it's not "that forced" into me and I like it. When I wanted real wpvp I would go and do Halaa battles 50 vs 50, not pick some of my guildes and grief random hordes that were trying to solo quest.

And if you noticed one of my previous posts I prefer the way Thunder King Isle is created, I wouldn't like it being a flying island because it would feel too small, it takes like 5 mins to scout the whole island (if that) and I don't mind. It's the thought of no flying mounts at all anywhere that I would hate. The server ruleset won't gank me with (yeah it's tiring to say it over and over again) 5 mates, me at 50% and no cds. I would like a 1v1 battle with full cds but not a 5v1 and then being laughed at for what?! For not being able to take 5 ppl at once? There is a reason why people in PvP use more insulting language and treat worse each other most of the time or act bad and ruin other's fun. Most of the time good players turn to immature ones because of it and are often more suspectible to raging. (with a few rare exceptions).

Yeah I agree. At this point responding to that particular person seems to just be arguing for the sake of arguing. It's frustrating to see so many close minded people who blindly believe what is given to them and not wanting to seek context. I actually believe that the reason GC said that was to blame something instead of blaming the players and the community like their stance of cata was, even if the something they are blaming is pretty much a perfect system.
    Or, more likely, GC doesn't side with the pro-flyers. It isn't a stretch, judging by how he's balanced gameplay that he's an MMO purist at heart.

Name one that does not involve the relative epicness of questing (because questing isn't designed to be epic despite common misnomer) or world pvp that is a legitimate concern and I will eat my own foot.
    The convenience and ease of completing content while flying reduces the shelf-life of said content by making it take less time to complete. As a result, Blizzard is pressured to release more content in a shorter timeframe.

Of course I don't expect you to eat your own foot, because I already know based on your tone you won't take me seriously.

No it doesn't force it, I'm ok with how it is now, I can use my flying server and it's not "that forced" into me and I like it. .
    Ok sure, the server rule set does not force you into pvp,or even to like, it does however force you into accepting it once it happens.
    Surely we can agree on that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:40 AM ----------

At this point responding to that particular person seems to just be arguing for the sake of arguing.
    I'm doing the same thing you guys are, I have an opinion and I defend it, nothing more, nothing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, more likely, GC doesn't side with the pro-flyers. It isn't a stretch, judging by how he's balanced gameplay that he's an MMO purist at heart.

The convenience and ease of completing content while flying reduces the shelf-life of said content by making it take less time to complete. As a result, Blizzard is pressured to release more content in a shorter timeframe.

Of course I don't expect you to eat your own foot, because I already know based on your tone you won't take me seriously.

Except that the content we are talking about is daily content that is already staggered and panned out despite the reduction of time it takes to complete each day as I already pointed out in a previous post, so what you said has no point.

It's never as simple as GC not siding with a certain populace of players not because of his own opinions but because he represents the design team and their opinions and beliefs. That and business practice commonly dictates it's easy to blind the masses by blaming something that has nothing to do with the problem.

Except that the content we are talking about is daily content that is already staggered and panned out despite the reduction of time it takes to complete each day as I already pointed out in a previous post, so what you said has no point.
    And that was a step in the right direction. Perhaps the game wouldn't need so much artificial gating in the first place if everyone wasn't zipping around at 310% movement speed.
    Nevertheless, flying does have its downsides. What upsides does it have besides convenience? It adds nothing of importance to gameplay and only detracts from it.

It's never as simple as GC not siding with a certain populace of players not because of his own opinions but because he represents the design team and their opinions and beliefs. That and business practice commonly dictates it's easy to blind the masses by blaming something that has nothing to do with the problem.
    Think what you want, but GC has never minced words with the public, nor has he bit his tongue.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=glowzone;19793089]Ok sure, the server rule set does not force you into pvp,or even to like, it does however force you into accepting it once it happens.
    Surely we can agree on that.

Of course but that doesn't mean it's fair or fun. I also can't understand how people have fun by ruining other's fun instead of seeking ppl that like PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing the same thing you guys are, I have an opinion and I defend it, nothing more, nothing less.
    Except that you can't express your opinion without relying on logically invalid remarks and center your entire argument around what if's instead of trying accept the reality of the situation.

Except that you can't express your opinion without relying on logically invalid remarks and center your entire argument around what if's instead of trying accept the reality of the situation.
    How's that, point if out for me, I'm not being sarcastic, truely curious.

I already accepted that the skyrim one was a bad choice of words.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that was a step in the right direction. Perhaps the game wouldn't need so much artificial gating in the first place if everyone wasn't zipping around at 310% movement speed.
    Nevertheless, flying does have its downsides. What upsides does it have besides convenience? It adds nothing of importance to gameplay and only detracts from it.

Think what you want, but GC has never minced words with the public, nor has he bit his tongue.
    He doesn't have to, he get's paid for the entire community to hate him. He's a joke card. He's like the president of the united states. He can say he will do this and that all he wants but it's really congress that's running the show.

The artificial gating via daily quests was created to combat horrific repeatable turn in quests or long quest chains that involved getting a reputation to exalted. It was also created with flying in mind (see Tbc) and still to this day we see the exact same trends as then. Large daily hubs separated by a wealth of landscape. The whole point of it being a convenience is what makes it important as a gameplay element, yet the only detraction I can see from your argument is they have to somehow work harder about content being consumed despite it already being staggered and the potentials of world pvp.

Also, of course it adds nothing to gameplay because that isn't it's purpose. We don't use flying mounts actively whilst raiding or end game pvping so that entire point is moot. The artificial detraction you feel is very ill-founded.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2013-01-12 at 01:00 AM.