Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Mistakes happen. Don't imply that people are stupid because they made a mistake. That's a warning for everyone in the thread. - ML

You can white knight it all you want, but the truth is, if they make this mistake, they are stupid. Sorry you disagree. Maybe you made the same stupid mistake? Mistakes do happen, but this is one that reflects the true lack of intelligence of the OP and people like him. Because IF NOTHING ELSE, they should have double, triple, quadruple checked to make SURE. Clearly he did not, which means it is his own stupid fault.

Its a common mistake.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE

Customer Service Representative

Hello there!

I can certainly understand the confusion between the hot item bid and the normal bid! As you mentioned, I think they are looking into changing up the way that works a bit. It isn't exactly broken, though, so please be sure you are bidding on the correct item and clicking the correct bid button!

I've also reviewed your case here, and you've made a good case to have the gold restored in this instance. The 218k is in the mail. Normally this isn't something we'd always assist with, so as I mentioned before please be very very careful. We may not be able to assist if you make a similar mistake in the future.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Regards,

Game Master xxxxxxx
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment

You got lucky i see

Deleted
    ouch! hope you get it sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp15 View Post
    UPDATE

Hello there!

I can certainly understand the confusion between the hot item bid and the normal bid! As you mentioned, I think they are looking into changing up the way that works a bit. It isn't exactly broken, though, so please be sure you are bidding on the correct item and clicking the correct bid button!

I've also reviewed your case here, and you've made a good case to have the gold restored in this instance. The 218k is in the mail. Normally this isn't something we'd always assist with, so as I mentioned before please be very very careful. We may not be able to assist if you make a similar mistake in the future.

Regards,

Game Master xxxxxxx
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Glad you got it sorted. It is good news that they are looking into changing the interface as it is not very good at the moment and this does seem a common mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE

Hello there!

Regards,

Game Master xxxxxxx
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Haha, lucky!

Oh orlem. Good luck!
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Mistakes happen. Don't imply that people are stupid because they made a mistake. That's a warning for everyone in the thread. - ML

You can white knight it all you want, but the truth is, if they make this mistake, they are stupid. Sorry you disagree. Maybe you made the same stupid mistake? Mistakes do happen, but this is one that reflects the true lack of intelligence of the OP and people like e, triple, quadruple checked to make SURE. Clearly he did not, which means it is his own stupid fault.

Infracted. Don't insult other posters.
    If the interface is flawed enough for a great deal of people making mistakes, then surely one of them must have a higher intelligence than you, don't you think? Or do you perhaps think you're smarter than every single one of those? Also, intelligence is not as simple as you might think. There's 7 different types I believe? I'm on my phone so can't check but it's something like that. Anyway, this also makes tests like the IQ tests flawed. Do you believe that the BMAH is a more consistent indicator of one's intelligence? I hope you don't.

That isn't the only point I want to be made. Because let's just ASSUME that you are correct, and the BMAH is a consistent indicator for one's intelligence. Because, who cares? Intelligence is something there to stay, and it's not (99% of the time) the individals fault for having a lack of it. So please stop implying they're at fault for it (their intelligence, not inattention).

Inattention on the other hand is what, if anything, they should be blamed for. But I don't necessarily agree with that either, because the interface design is flawed to begin with. If people of that large amount are making those mistakes, then surely Blizzard is at fault. So why do some people in this thread think they shouldn't have their cash back? They made a mistake that Blizzard themselves, atleast partly, are at blame for. So why punish them for it, by not sending back their gold?

Edit: the quote above is a little messed up because typing on phones suck. >-<

EDIT: Took out my part judging the OP, since I just now saw the mod warning about it. Glad to see you got your gold back though, and just be careful next time! I've never even seen more than 110k gold at any one time in my entire WoW life, so I can imagine you'd want to be careful with 200k+

Either way, the BMAH could do with an upgrade. Something that makes it so you only spend the amount of the previous bid plus 1g or something, that way if you have no competition for an item you don't end up wasting more than you need to. The problem would be that people would just instantly bid 900k gold on an item knowing that nobody will outbid them, so they only spend 10k gold on it. This is easily fixable by making the BMAH a secret auction system, or only showing a vague amount (ie, the previous bidder placed a 100k+ gold bid on this item)

Now that is a nice GM.

UPDATE

Hello there!

Regards,

Game Master xxxxxxx
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment

Gratz mate! I am over the moon for you. And whats more, I am even happier you got a refund to rub in the faces of all the naysayers, and people calling you and people who have done similar stupid.

Again mate, good on you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you give the GM that was helpful some good marks. :>
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Not really a fact though, just your biased opinion
    I'd have to agree Newaccount on this, the customer service has been steadily going downhill since WOTLK. I think they may just be overwhelmed/burned out by all the people calling in all the time.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    I'd have to agree Newaccount on this, the customer service has been steadily going downhill since WOTLK. I think they may just be overwhelmed/burned out by all the people calling in all the time.
    To a certain extent I agree with you. I recently contacted them regarding a bugged achievement and it took almost two days for them to respond a couple of years or so ago outside of the rush when a new patch/expansion was released you would not have to wait longer than a few hours.

That was cool of them. I think because it was very clear you bid on the wrong item, that particular GM decided to throw you a bone.

Deleted
    Well done arguing to get the gold back. Must have been an awful feeling knowing you spent your gold on something completely worthless for you when you actually wanted something else. :P
    Last edited by mmoc71d25b7f80; 2013-01-12 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted
    /point@Nelson "Haw Haw!"

Deleted
    If it was 5k they wouldnt return it. Heh see rich have better rights not in the real world only, but in WoW too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    I've played since Vanilla, made millions of gold and never once bid on the wrong item by accident.

I've bid on the wrong item before, but it was due to my own stupidity or lack of attention, not by accident.
    lack of attention causes accidents....

Also, your experience in Vanilla has no bearing on the BMAH as it has a completely different layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    I accidentally bid 13k on a stupid cat that you can buy from a vendor for 60 silver. I put a ticket in and they pretty much said you are screwed. Lesson learned.
    and that's totally reasonable and fair.