Have yet to find any "gifts" for the NPCs in Sunsong Ranch.

So earlier this xpack my main was my Hunter, and since farming stuff (carrots etc.) were worth a lot i was mostly farming those and managed to find a bunch of "gifts" to help speed up my reputation (or friendship) grind with them. Now my main is my Warrior so i'm doing it all over again, but this time i'm using my farm to farm Songbells to help me to learn JCing recipes faster using the Secrets of the Stone, i have yet to find any gifts from any Songbell's i've harvested in the past Month or so.

What gives? Don't specially want to keep doing those dailies for the next decade or so to get everything at "best buddy" -.-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    all gifts can be found in dirt piles. Dirt piles can be found in any daily quest area for max level like temple of jade serpent, areas for shado-pan dailies and dread wastes

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    all gifts can be found in dirt piles. Dirt piles can be found in any daily quest area for max level like temple of jade serpent, areas for shado-pan dailies and dread wastes
    Ah, never even paid attention to those, i was usually just relying on my own farm to find them on my Hunter, got best buddy with almost everybody before main swapping this way, just tought it was weird i wasn't finding any on my Warrior. I'll check for those .

I found a load of dirt piles around the large farm at The Heartlands in Valley of the Four Winds. If you have Gathermate and import the data it will mark the locations on your map.

Deleted
    yep the dirt piles are the way to go.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible that there's a bug that will prevent an alt from getting gifts from harvested plants. If you're already have Friends on the Farm achievement you won't get gifts from harvested plants anymore (you get special seeds instead), and now that achievements are account-wide, maybe it is preventing gifts for all characters on the account. You'd know that there is indeed a bug if harvesting one of your songbells ever gave you a non-songbell special seed, like an enigma. (All of my characters got Friends on the Farm pretty much simultaneously so I can't verify, so don't take that as definite fact.)

I have never gotten any "bonus" tiller items from harvesting crops ever since I switched to planting special seeds eg. songbells and enigma. I am not exalted with any of the individual tiller npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Houston View Post
    I have never gotten any "bonus" tiller items from harvesting crops ever since I switched to planting special seeds eg. songbells and enigma. I am not exalted with any of the individual tiller npcs.
    This. I imagine it's a feature Blizzard put in to make farming normal crops more worthwhile than just special crops if reputation gains are something you care about.

Deleted
    I believe the special seeds... i.e. the ones that give crafting not cooking mats do not give the gifts. Ive been planting songbells every day since i could remember and dont think ive ever gotten a single one. I have only ever gotten them through planting cooking ingredients, this includes bonus seeds and the terrible turnip pet.

Gathermate is great for getting the dirt piles, I managed to get to best friend with all of the tillers without ever giving them their food for the day. I would get 10-15 per lap of the valley

10+ Year Old Account
    the best place to farm the dirt pile is, by far, in the heartland ( VotFW ) ive hit best friend with sho in a day :O ! go there by night, when almost no one is on you'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Yough View Post
    I believe the special seeds... i.e. the ones that give crafting not cooking mats do not give the gifts.
    100% correct. Only the vegetables are eligible for the random drop items - seeds, Terrible Turnip, gifts. Once you hit best friend with everyone even the gifts drop out of the rotation for the veggies.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.