Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They should've done this in TBC, instead of putting a group of draeneis who did not even exist in the lore.
    Last edited by Nezia; 2013-01-12 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I will do the same and suggest Dark Iron Dwarves as a Horde race.
    Too late, some Dark Iron Dwarves are part of the Alliance, the others hate the Horde as much as they hate the Alliance.
    But, generally, I agree with your idea: Maghar Orcs, Tanuka, Wildhammers etc..

Moira is volatile and could split at any moment, though. Hell, Magni could come back from being diamond and kick her out, it's not like he was particularly happy about her relationship with Thaurissan to begin with.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

No, I think we have enough races.

Besides, elves are booring.

Deleted
    Sub-race? No problem. New race? Too small and shared-lore to build a new culture and nation.

And, there is no comparison with the Pandaren. The Pandaren share the exact same starting zone. All we (PCs) are nothing more than adventurous following a martial philosophy, we don't represent any Pandaren nation... yet...

The backlash about it being a reskin will be unquestionable. I say NO. Give us new and unique races. Not uncorrupted bloodelves.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    The backlash about it being a reskin will be unquestionable. I say NO. Give us new and unique races. Not uncorrupted bloodelves.
    There would be a backlash only if the Horde got something new and shiny. You'd simply wnat to balance the Alliance HElf with a Horde version of an Alliance race. The Highborne NElfs seem to offer the least contrived mechanic of presenting the Horde with an Alliance race.

You'd simply need to ascertain what work do you want to put in for these new races. New voices? HElfs already use NElf voices. Classes? Should Horde Highborn get the druid class? Animations? Special animations or copied? Start areas? Dedicated or existing?

EJL

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because it's a win-win class. It wouldn't disappoint anyone, in a worse case people simply wouldn't mind them.

Also because of the lore.. but then again, like everything else, it should be a GOOD job lore-wise.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood why RACE has to be the limiting factor of a faction. Of course that's how WoW has written itself of course, but at no point does it make much sense. Most conflicts are a conflict of interest, and factions are created based on ideas of what's rigth/wrong and people chose a side. WoW just forced War out of nothing, to have a selling point I guess..

I'd be interesting to see warcraft maybe evolve into something else than Race vs Race after a while..cause honestly, since TFT there has been no incentive at all for war, just smaller conflicts here and there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    A list would be extremely hard to do at this stage in the game due to current lore. I suppose a possible scenario could be:

Alliance: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, [High Elf]

Horde: Forsaken, Orc, Blood Elf, Goblin, [Ogre]

Cenarion Circle: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen, [Dryad]

Pandaren--neutral, any faction.
    No Dryads. Don't want to see 4-legged playable races. It should stay restricted to 2-legged races. And you forgot Trolls. Besides Forsaken don't fit into the Horde much.

If there ever had to be more than 2 factions then it should be like this....

Horde: Orc, Blood Elf, Troll, Goblin, [Ogre]
    Cenarion Circle: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen
    Forsaken: Undead Human, Undead Elf, Undead Orc

Pandaren should remain exclusively Alliance and Horde only, not the other 2.
    Cenarion is allied with the Alliance, and Forsaken is allied with the Horde when it comes to 2-way content such as Battlegrounds. World PvP is 4-way.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No Dryads. Don't want to see 4-legged playable races. It should stay restricted to 2-legged races. And you forgot Trolls. Besides Forsaken don't fit into the Horde much.

If there ever had to be more than 2 factions then it should be like this....

Horde: Orc, Blood Elf, Troll, Goblin, [Ogre]
    Cenarion Circle: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen
    Forsaken: Undead Human, Undead Elf, Undead Orc

Pandaren should remain exclusively Alliance and Horde only, not the other 2.
    Cenarion is allied with the Alliance, and Forsaken is allied with the Horde when it comes to 2-way content such as Battlegrounds. World PvP is 4-way.
    You're right, I did forget troll. I do like your 4 faction setup...I always found that undead humans only being playable was rather odd.

Pvp faction setup is good, would be less work for the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    There would be a backlash only if the Horde got something new and shiny. You'd simply wnat to balance the Alliance HElf with a Horde version of an Alliance race. The Highborne NElfs seem to offer the least contrived mechanic of presenting the Horde with an Alliance race.

You'd simply need to ascertain what work do you want to put in for these new races. New voices? HElfs already use NElf voices. Classes? Should Horde Highborn get the druid class? Animations? Special animations or copied? Start areas? Dedicated or existing?

EJL
    I don't see where you are getting this Highborne Night Elf stuff ... Highborne night elves do not exist... Highbornes = High Elves....

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't see where you are getting this Highborne Night Elf stuff ... Highborne night elves do not exist... Highbornes = High Elves....
    You ARE aware of the lore behind Night Elf mages, are you not?

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    What?? I mean, the Shren'dalar?? Those are highborne night elves, you know. Or is this just a wank about the naming??

High Elves would work but the problem is just that they're too similar to Blood Elves.

I'd rather they work on a newer race or add sub races to the old classes like Mag'har. Taunka, Forest Troll (Riventusk are with the Horde,) Wildhammer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    What?? I mean, the Shren'dalar?? Those are highborne night elves, you know. Or is this just a wank about the naming??
    It is a wank about the naming. The Highborne, literally are the High Elves.

You ARE aware of the lore behind Night Elf mages, are you not?

EJL
    They are still Night Elves. Still a sect of Night Elves.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They are still Night Elves. Still a sect of Night Elves.
    So, you don't know.

The Highborne are the Nobles of the old Night Elf Empire. Following a series of unfortunate events, many found themselves exiled to the Eastern Kingdoms where they became High Elves. Another batch of Highborne, however, survived in the city now known as Dire Maul. These recently left and rejoined their kin in Darnassus.

My little addition is to postulate a disagreement - some didn't want to seek out the Darnassian Night Elves and instead opted to seek out their Highborne kin, the High Elves, instead. In this way, the Horde get Night Elfs to offset the Allaince getting Blood/High Elfs. Everyone is happy because everyone gets something equivalent to the other - whether they like what they got is another question. Even Blizzard can end up happy because the change necessary is minimal.

EJL

So, you don't know.

The Highborne are the Nobles of the old Night Elf Empire. Following a series of unfortunate events, many found themselves exiled to the Eastern Kingdoms where they became High Elves. Another batch of Highborne, however, survived in the city now known as Dire Maul. These recently left and rejoined their kin in Darnassus.

My little addition is to postulate a disagreement - some didn't want to seek out the Darnassian Night Elves and instead opted to seek out their Highborne kin, the High Elves, instead. In this way, the Horde get Night Elfs to offset the Allaince getting Blood/High Elfs. Everyone is happy because everyone gets something equivalent to the other - whether they like what they got is another question. Even Blizzard can end up happy because the change necessary is minimal.

EJL
    Yes I do know. Nothing in lore at all would suggest that type of decision (Night Elves joining Horde) in any way at all. You also have a misconception on what equality means. Whats ironic is your own choice of words, and asking about Night Elf mages disproves your point and possibility of them joining the Horde....
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2013-01-13 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a wank about the naming. The Highborne, literally are the High Elves.
    Then you are just being unnecessarily contentious. Yes, the high elves are technically the highborne (more specifically their descendants) but we have a more specific terms to refer to them, High Elves, highborne is used to specifically refer to highborne night elves, since they are part of the original group.

It is just so unnecessary to wank over this, it's like the whole "tomate is a vegetable" discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Then you are just being unnecessarily contentious. Yes, the high elves are technically the highborne (more specifically their descendants) but we have a more specific terms to refer to them, High Elves, highborne is used to specifically refer to highborne night elves, since they are part of the original group.

It is just so unnecessary to wank over this, it's like the whole "tomate is a vegetable" discussion.
    Well, not really. Because Highborne NIGHT ELVES, as still Night Elves....