Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    In a situation like that, definitely alone. My closest family wasn't "total trailer trash out of control" by any stretch of the imagination, but still dysfunctional in many ways. I currently live alone for studies a few hours away from where I was brought up, and while I miss most of the rest of my kin, being physically apart from my mom and pops feels good. Peaceful, even.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    It's obvious that the posters who say "alone" are idealizing as opposed to actually ever experiencing such feelings. Humans are not an "alone" species.
    Well, personally I only voted "alone" under those specific premises and the assumption that you can still meet other people outside of your family. No other people at all, however? In that scenario, I wouldn't be able to decide which is worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Surrounded by family, its suprises me that some people think they can handle 100 years of seclusion... Its not because you are an introvert that you don't need people around you, you can't handle that. Or does OP means you can still see people, just not family?
    Because then I'd go for being without family, even tough that would suck, I need my friends more then I need my family.
    I'm interpreting it to mean you're either basically in solitary confinement, or you're stuck with your dysfunctional family around you all the time.

If you choose alone, you are alone - you don't get to talk to other people, see other people, whatever (internet included.) If you choose family, the only people you see are your family, and there is never a time when they aren't around; I'd include sharing bedrooms and stuff just to make it that little bit of extra-special.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I've been alone for long periods of time, go through a deep depression every now and again where I need complete isolation away to dig myself back out, but I don't think I could go my entire life alone (assuming you won't at all be able to see or interact with anyone, internet included)

Though I have a pretty strained relationship with parts of my remaining family, they are dysfunctional in many ways, a few even what you would classify as redneck trash - through those are the ones I actually don't mind, so it's not the best option (again assuming you could only be around those people and no one else) but as others have pointed out If it's possible to create a family with that special someone and raise kids I'd go with family.
    Last edited by K i s u; 2013-01-13 at 12:31 PM.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    when i go back to the UK during the semester, after 2 months i can not sleep at night -.-

so family.
    Really?
    I enjoy the time i have no one around me the most tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Alone. If the choice had been "alone of a perfectly functional family" I still would've chosen alone because my family right now is more or less functional and I sure as hell know I wouldn't want to spend an eternity with them.

Deleted
    You sort of do have that choice, in the grand scheme of things.

Deleted
    Depends if you get to choose which people are your family? The family I spend time with is my mother and my cat, those two I can cope with.
    Then I have these people which I'm unfortunate enough to share my blood and last name with. These people I don't consider family, but acquaintances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Depends if you get to choose which people are your family? The family I spend time with is my mother and my cat, those two I can cope with.
    Then I have these people which I'm unfortunate enough to share my blood and last name with. These people I don't consider family, but acquaintances.
    No you dont get the choose, actually the setting is not "your family" but "a big trailer trash dysfunctional family" :P

I love my family aside from my grandmother, im lucky enough to have a family that is functional and has no problems, and yet i would rather be alone.
    There is something about privacy and being able to guide my own life that is imperative to me.

I love to be alone, easy choice for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    No you dont get the choose, actually the setting is not "your family" but "a big trailer trash dysfunctional family" :P

I love my family aside from my grandmother, im lucky enough to have a family that is functional and has no problems, and yet i would rather be alone.
    There is something about privacy and being able to guide my own life that is imperative to me.
    Oh, lol I misread it. Well, my family is pretty much the same as the chosen setting. I concur, I'd much rather be forever alone.