Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    On the anomaly of Welsh clubs playing in English leagues, that's significantly different, they generally tend to be under FAW administrative purposes BUT play in the FA league setup because it's more viable. (with the exception of Cardiff & Swansea who are under FA administrative setup) The Scottish League setup has always tended to be significantly more viable than the Welsh setup which is a lot less professional than the Scottish top tier was in the past. (key indicator would be to look towards Europe, Scottish clubs have had success there, Welsh clubs, yeah....) Essentially the truth is while neither will admit to it in public, the Old Firm would jump at the chance to join the FA - however there's key problems.
    It's to do with the fact there was no Welsh League untill 1992, and also that we were effectively part of England until 1955. We have been founder members of certain leagues as the regional leagues were drawn into form the football League. We are all FAW members, and even now if we have a disciplinary issue there is some sort of representation from either the PL/FA/FAW in some sort of bizzar set up to administer things. As a Swansea supporter I believe that we should be a FA member not a FAW one. The FAW have a strong Cardiff bias and their decision making has been extreamly dubious, red cards being overturned that were there was no clear or justified reason to do so. Usually, no always when it was a Cardiff player who comitted the offence. The one that springs to mind was the Purse one that got overturned because he would miss the FA cup final. Enough on that tho.

There is still an issue however with us and being eligible to play in Europe under the current set up. However thats something that isn't important at this moment.

As for Rangers/Celtic/Any other Scottish club playing in the pyramid, yeah it's a question of where they enter most of the people I have heard think its a god given right that they should go straight in at the top, or at worst the championship. Not sure if you wouldn't be welcome and if the logistic thing would be an issue. Swansea to Newcastle is about the same as Swansea to Glasgow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going back a bit, it's pretty obvious why no one from Chelsea was in the shortlist for the Ballon d'Or because individually they all had stop/start or exceptionally poor seasons.

I mean really, can you imagine a final three of Messi, Ronaldo and Jose Bosingwa?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Absolutely do not believe we have a "god given right" to be placed into the Premiership, I'm a firm believer (more so now than I was before) that IF the unlikely happens and we gain entry to the English leagues we start at the lowest tier of the professional game - that's League 2, with that being said I can't speak for everyone and I know a number of supporters do support the view that the god given right is to be in the Premiership. I know we wouldn't be welcomed in most places as a number of clubs in the Premiership would resent the fact we're bigger than them, supporters of clubs elsewhere would resent us based on where we enter (particularly if we're parachuted into Premiership or Championship) & well, frankly there's one place I simply put would not go to!

Logistics I was thinking more in mind of lower leagues where money is tight, it might only be one trip a year up here but ultimately you have to consider the impact of that on the finances of lower league sides never mind the aspect of time.

As for Welsh clubs, according to Wikipedia (I know, the most credible source ever *tm* ) a deal has been cut to cover Swansea & Cardiff mostly because they're most likely to play in the Premiership since 2005 to come under FA judicial service.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    double post

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Absolutely do not believe we have a "god given right" to be placed into the Premiership, I'm a firm believer (more so now than I was before) that IF the unlikely happens and we gain entry to the English leagues we start at the lowest tier of the professional game - that's League 2, with that being said I can't speak for everyone and I know a number of supporters do support the view that the god given right is to be in the Premiership. I know we wouldn't be welcomed in most places as a number of clubs in the Premiership would resent the fact we're bigger than them, supporters of clubs elsewhere would resent us based on where we enter (particularly if we're parachuted into Premiership or Championship) & well, frankly there's one place I simply put would not go to!

Logistics I was thinking more in mind of lower leagues where money is tight, it might only be one trip a year up here but ultimately you have to consider the impact of that on the finances of lower league sides never mind the aspect of time.

As for Welsh clubs, according to Wikipedia (I know, the most credible source ever *tm* ) a deal has been cut to cover Swansea & Cardiff mostly because they're most likely to play in the Premiership since 2005 to come under FA judicial service.
    I could tell that from your post that you don't believe its your right. BTW it's in the lower leagues that the miles are greatest. Other than Swansea/Newcastle/Sunderland/Norwich the other teams are in a band rome the NW to SE. Plymouth v Carlisle was a regular thing. I remeber when I was living in the North East going to York, Carlisle, Darlington and Hartlepool one season and in the space of like 2 months. The Away following nose plumets tho. Playing Carlisle at home on a Tuesday night with an away following of 10-15 were not uncommon.

However I think for larger clubs the draw in those leagues would mean large followings either way, look at Leeds when they were in League 1.

I think the European thing came about with Cardiff playing in the FA cup final, Platini said he would find them a place should they win it. I am not 100% sure what the situation is. We were not 100% sure if we would be allowed in the FL had we been relegated to the conferance back in 2003. These are gray areas that haven't yet been approached but have come close to being questioned.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Going back a bit, it's pretty obvious why no one from Chelsea was in the shortlist for the Ballon d'Or because individually they all had stop/start or exceptionally poor seasons.

I mean really, can you imagine a final three of Messi, Ronaldo and Jose Bosingwa?
    Yes! bosingwa to win tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post

Id say Drogba had a shot of being on the list. The guy carried them through the CL.

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Whatever way you see it, the selection they make is laughable. I'll start with the Balon d'Or. Messi won the Spanish Cup, topped his CL group and scored 90+ goals this season, and that's about it. Now scoring that many goals is a pretty big deal, but guess what they have an award for that, its called Golden Boot. To me it should be someone that has actually won something, but not in a country competition. You have awards for best player, team and goalscorer in tournaments already. You can consider it, but it shouldn't be the only thing that's important.

As for the team, i mean its a joke of a selection. Not a single player from the team that played in the CL final, the best club competition in the world, are you kidding me. They need to stop giving random journalists the right to decide, and actually make a panel of professionals and have some sort of guidelines when deciding. Until then it will be just some joke award given to the most popular player.
    it's about being the best player

not team win or not stuff..

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    Think you will find Spain without Messi is the best team in the World
    yeah, but what does need spain, something like a finisher, some1 that you know he gonna score and wont misses the chance to score

they play w.o forward, it's like barcelona w.o messi
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    it's about being the best player

not team win or not stuff..

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:33 PM ----------

yeah, but what does need spain, something like a finisher, some1 that you know he gonna score and wont misses the chance to score

they play w.o forward, it's like barcelona w.o messi
    Thats why they're watching the lad Michu, Del Bosque can be bothered to go to watch us play but the clown Roy can't.

Even Arsene Wenger knows that Scottish football is all Rangers & Celtic, saying he'd welcome Rangers but that losing the Old Firm would destroy the Scottish game when asked about it today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nuri Sahin is back in Dortmund on a 18-month loan. He should have never left in the first place, at least not to Real Madrid. Anyway Goetze, Reus and Nuri in midfield, gonna be even more fun to watch BVB now.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Id say Drogba had a shot of being on the list. The guy carried them through the CL.
    He was pretty poor in the PL last season though, there wasn't any consistency in their team, except a few people being consistently awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    QPR's defense seemed to be really solid today glad to see Fabio doing good there.

10+ Year Old Account
    QPR had a solid backline, but Spurs should have done far better.

It's games like this they have every season that makes me feel genuinely sorry for Spurs fans and the frustration they go through year in, year out.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 04:33 PM ----------

So glad I benched my Stoke Defence this week, 3 clean sheets so far in the Defence and Goalkeeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for Shawcross, Begovic and Huth doing good today on points

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    So much for Shawcross, Begovic and Huth doing good today on points
    Chelsea with their new boy and Benitez finally getting to grips with the team have quite a strong attacking presence, didn't help that Stoke's strikers were heading in the wrong net...

Twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walters also missed a PK let alone 2 own goals.

4-2 Rangers today, ironically against an English side (Berwick Rangers) at Ibrox, couple of sloppy goals given away but still a result all the same

15+ Year Old Account
    Darn feel bad for Lukaku lol, 2 times on the framework and then losing the game in the last 8 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 rvp 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    <3 rvp 1-0
    Easily best signing of 2012/13