Poll: Do you want the upgrade NPC removed?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it was a useful Jp and Vp sink.
    It was also brilliant for alts, upgrading blues to 471.

I will greatly miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

It's stupid as hell to take it out. Now everybody will just sit around at VP cap with nothing to spend them on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    So annoying to see such a feature removed because players can't moderate their playing, or give in to ridiculous demands from their guilds.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    I was fine with upgrading Honour/Justice items but I didn't really like upgrading Conquest/Valor, mostly because I have mild OCD and having 0/2 on my items annoys me a lot more than 1/1.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was an idiotic implementation to begin with, but them removing it so fast is stupid too. Just gives the impression that they either got no clue what they are doing, doesn´t test things properly /think it through, or basicly can´t keep things consistent.

Personally at this point I think its abit of all of them. One thing is changing stats and talents, but they also change so many other things around for each expansion you would think it was an entire new administration being added each time.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I don't care one way or the other that it's being removed, but removing the ability to upgrade stuff that's already upgradeable right now is just foolish.

I don't like getting an item but then having to wait 2 weeks before it is the real item because of upgrading. Bad enough gemming/chanting/reforging IMO.

The item upgrade feature is bad for PvP. And PvP gear has to be upgradable if PvE gear. So, get rid of the feature.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I hope it never comes back, terrible system. Endless grind that you have to do unless you want to be at a disadvantage.
    Hello? This entire game is a grind where you get what you put into it.

Wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Make VP cappable through raiding.
    If you call LFR raiding, it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Hello? This entire game is a grind where you get what you put into it.

Wake up.
    Except that previously, there was a cap you'd reach where you could take a breath. With upgrading, the grind is relentless and endless, and if you fall behind you can't catch up (until the next tier).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Blizzard has stated themselves that the feature is going away in 5.2. It could return in 5.3 but we don't know that yet.

Where did they said it was completely going away? Last I saw in the Twitter post was that 5.2 items won't be elgible.

Deleted
    My input:

It shouldn't exist in PvP. There is simply no reason for it to exist.

In PvE it should only work with justice points, and only blue gear and gear from previous tier should be upgradable. The rate one obtain justice points should be buffed btw.

If it's time consuming to spend valor points (reputation cock blocks), then removing these poorly made reputation requirements would work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    You do know it was essentially a way to nerf content? I mean every single raider in your guild now gets a upgrade EVERY single week if he/she caps valor. I do agree that you should be able to use justice points to upgrade the old gear but the new stuff doesn't need a nerf.

It's an indirect nerf to content.
    It's also a trivial way of adding more "content".

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Where did they said it was completely going away? Last I saw in the Twitter post was that 5.2 items won't be elgible.
    Front page says "upgrade vendor will be completely removed". Meaning you won't even be able to upgrade 5.0 level loot in 5.2 anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...21071555846144

I dont. Once 5.2 hits i will have no way to spend my valor points. The new valor + rep items will likely be a down/side grade to my heroic items.

I think the system was wrong to begin with and should've been part of professions in one form or another that would've encouraged travelling in the world and mat gathering instead of generic number X and buttonpress Y

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    the whole upgrading system is a bad idea in my opinion anyway.
    Just another way of forcing people to do content if they want to stay ahead of the curve.
    How the hell else would people stay ahead of the curve? Just by "willing" themselves to be cool enough to do so?

If two people are getting similar grades in a class, and one decides to study while the other goes out and parties, do you blame the first person for getting a better grade in the class overall and ask that the option to study be removed?

While I don't really care about the change to upgrades, it seems a bad idea to remove the upgrading NPC altogether... I say let people continue to upgrade everything that simply isn't a new 5.2 item.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-14 at 01:05 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should limit the upgrades to weapons, trinkets, rings and a neck piece. Something you won't replace that fast. But removing it all together for all epics, sure I don't care. But what to do with all the excess VP? Justice upgrades should remain intact imo, just makes it a little easier for people to catch up in 5.2

I would support disabling it before each new raid and then reactivating it late in the tier or during an interwim patch (like 5.1) so that it can serve the purpose of valor dump and progressive, elegant, boss nerf.

I do wish they'd keep the capacity to upgrade blues with Justice points. Justice has been pretty meh for a while now -- especially when you don't want heirlooms.

I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other on the valor upgrade system. If it comes back I'll welcome it; but if it goes away forever I won't lose any sleep over it. I don't feel like it really adds much to the game.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice