Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Definatley Hughes funeral, when van Hoenhiem died and the bit with Nina.
    Ya those are in my top 3 trying to think of other ones atm.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Clannad After story Chuck Norris would shed the manliest tear watching that

i don't have much anime experience, just what was on toonami while i was growing up. out of those, i'd have to say jiraiya's death tore me up. it's only like, the 4th or so time i've cried to an animated show. the rest was with disney movies and uncle iroh's story in avatar. good lord... i bawled like a baby from that one T_T.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i don't have much anime experience, just what was on toonami while i was growing up. out of those, i'd have to say jiraiya's death tore me up. it's only like, the 4th or so time i've cried to an animated show. the rest was with disney movies and uncle iroh's story in avatar. good lord... i bawled like a baby from that one T_T.
    Never cried about any tv or anime but i came damn near close for the first time because of Jiraiya

Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    Never cried about any tv or anime but i came damn near close for the first time because of Jiraiya
    Slightly Off Topic: The ending to Season 8 of House was touching "I miss watching house"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Now I have to go watch it with that kind of reaction.
    If you feel you really need to watch it, make sure you don't do it alone. Also make sure you don't have any rope nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Coote View Post
    If you feel you really need to watch it, make sure you don't do it alone. Also make sure you don't have any rope nearby.
    Note to self, never watch that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post

one of my finest

lay down
    cry
    a lot
    Itachi is such a great character..... Find out about his story was so sad and such an OH SHIT moment for me. It really made my dislike for Sasuke go over the top.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 04:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Note to self, never watch that show.
    DON'T. I was seriously pretty depressed for a week.. I failed at every video game I played for awhile...

Deleted
    When Yoite died in Nabari no Ou was kinda sad.
    When giong merry burned down in one piece.
    The way Yuzuru Otonashi died in angel beats. Actually everyone in that one died in a sad way : /

Now I need to watch grave of the fireflies >.<
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-01-14 at 09:57 AM.

When L died in Death Note that was sad in both the anime and live action.
    A few deaths in death note was sad.

"Death Note L's Death Anime" Changed this to a different video since the original did not have the full Death.

"Death Note L Change The World Ending" SPOILER WARNING

To sum up the plot in the 2nd Death Note Movie L wrote his name in the Death Note before Kara did so his death was pre-set and he could not die any sooner. It was a trap set by L to show Light was Kara. L had 13 days to live and in the spin off movie "L Change The World" it was him on his final case before he die's.

Fans of the Death Note anime should check out all 3 movies in order.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-14 at 10:15 AM.

Pretty much the entirety of the Saikano (She - The Ultimate Weapon) series. Seriously, wtf anime.

Also, Voices Of A Distant Star.

Valkyria Chronicles, when a certain character dies and the effect it has on the others.

After watching some of those Clannad clips though I'm fairly sure I can't watch that anime, some of that touches way too close to home and it's impossible to remain composed. |:

The "victor" (if that is an appropriate term) would be the Clannad series. The entire thing is just made to make you cry manly tears in public. And it succeeds. Masterfully. Fantastic anime. In fact, pretty much anything by Jun Maeda has this effect to some degree, but Clannad was just the roughest hit.

I'm also a big fan of Now and Then, Here and There for its ability to repeatedly punch you hard in the stomach. A friend of mine said once that if he ever felt down, all he had to do was to watch this and find that life wasn't so bad after all. In comparison.

Grave of the Fireflies is a given on a list like this, as is Saikano. I'm not really sure I actually LIKED the latter, but it sure was a powerful blow.

And if I'm going to make a top-5 list, it gets trickier. There are many animes that made me sad, outraged or just felt like strangling someone in-story. Gakuen Alice, Full Metal Alchemist, Angel Beats (Jun Maeda again!), Ano Hana, 5 cm per seconds or heck, even the Girl who Leapt through Time all wins some honorable mention. But for me, it's down to that final scene in Crest of the Stars 2. It was... perfect. And it wasn't even tears of sadness.
    Last edited by Danner; 2013-01-14 at 10:53 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    The "victor" (if that is an appropriate term) would be the Clannad series. The entire thing is just made to make you cry manly tears in public. And it succeeds. Masterfully. Fantastic anime. In fact, pretty much anything by Jun Maeda has this effect to some degree, but Clannad was just the roughest hit.

I'm also a big fan of Now and Then, Here and There for its ability to repeatedly punch you hard in the stomach. A friend of mine said once that if he ever felt down, all he had to do was to watch this and find that life wasn't so bad after all. In comparison.

Grave of the Fireflies is a given on a list like this, as is Saikano. I'm not really sure I actually LIKED the latter, but it sure was a powerful blow.

And if I'm going to make a top-5 list, it gets trickier. There are many animes that made me sad, outraged or just felt like strangling someone in-story. Gakuen Alice, Full Metal Alchemist, Angel Beats (Jun Maeda again!), Ano Hana, 5 cm per seconds or heck, even the Girl who Leapt through Time all wins some honorable mention. But for me, it's down to that final scene in Crest of the Stars 2. It was... perfect.
    Really no victor but I get your point its mainly post whatever sad moment in a anime you can remember.

I really should check out Grave of the fire files and Clannad since people keep saying those 2 lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-14 at 10:58 AM.

Probably going to date me a bit, but for the first pretty much "oh crap, that wrings your heart out" scene I watched in anime was the scene in Sailor Moon where Darien "dumps" Serena in an effort to protect her by distanceing himself from her. When she wanders forlornly down the street and breaks down weeping in a phone booth, I was like, holy crap.

Deleted
    When Ryuk didn't want to help Light at the ending of Death Note. Sadface.

Deleted
    Gin Ichimaru's death in Bleach. Nothing has come close to me so far that I've seen. Maybe Mu La Flaga's in Gundam Seed (despite the fact he didn't really die - Gundam Seed Destiny) it was painful to see Murrue Ramius just swell up protecting the Archangel. Masane Amaha in Witchblade is also a very notable mention too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    When L died in Death Note that was sad in both the anime and live action.
    A few deaths in death note was sad.
    I think A sadder scene was was right before that when L and Light were on the roof in the storm, where L told light "We're going to be parting ways soon" implying he knew his death was ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention Angel Beats really. Quite a sad ending (To me at least) When everyone slowly disappears, whom you've come to be best friends with over the course of your stay. Only to know that any memories they had of you to be wiped away completely. Made me cry quite a bit cause it reminds me of my fear of death and emptiness.
    I was going to respond to this but then I'd be spilling way too many spoilers. I'll just say I had a different take on this and they were more tears of joy than tears of sadness. I felt sad when they leave but happy in the end that it was all for the better.

OT: My most recent experience was probably during Clannad After Story. It was the episode where he goes to his old home and to visit his father. Originally it was just a courtesy visit so his father could see his grand daughter but it turns into sobbing forgiveness from son to father. There were other sad moments in this anime but for some reason this one hit me the most.
    Last edited by Revik; 2013-01-14 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    I only watched 2 anime's that really touched me. 5cm's per second was really touching and it just broke my heart when she wasn't there in the end...

Also A WHOLE FUCKING LOT of Clannad moments made me shed tears like when Nagisa dies, when Tomoyo embraces Ushio on that field and when Ushio dies .
    That was really sad...