Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    Holy prism. ES is garbage in PvP. I see someone using it, you've become my new focus target to GY camp.
    It was good a short time ago when undispellable, now it's pretty much pointless in PvP given the unmissable animation that pretty much says, "Please dispel me."

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    It was good a short time ago when undispellable, now it's pretty much pointless in PvP given the unmissable animation that pretty much says, "Please dispel me."
    Sorry, it was never good. Dispellable or not. While it does a good amount of damage, it also works like a huge warning "Hey! Buddy! You're gonna take some damage soon! Be ready!" And bam, you're ready.

Burst is king and has been king as long (and longer) than es was in game. ES is about damage, not burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    And I did not say it was a gear issue, not in the sense you're assuming. Re-read. Even your reply links in with what I believe you see is happening.

Also, it's snarky by offhandedly pushing aside everyone's comments. I don't pay attention to pve nerfs and especially to prot pallies, but it seems the consensus of most posters here is that there really isn't a nerf that accounts for what you're seeing. Therefore, look beyond your presumed issue and find out what the real issue is.

Since you seem incapable of re-reading my post and seeing my intent: DPS, sir, is your issue. The groups you are running with now are not of the same caliber as they were at the beginning of the xpac, regardless of gear.
    Actually it wasn't DPS. At all. I found my screenshots of me soloing Stormstout Brewery Trash and Bosses, Shado-pan Trash/bosses and Siege pretty much whole thing.

Turns out the huge amount of heals from Seal of Insight was what was actually making it easy to do. since I had a SS of the Healing done table with Seal of Insight and Battle healer doing huge amounts of healing.

I guess that really was the issue in the end. Not gear or DPS. well go figure.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Turns out the huge amount of heals from Seal of Insight was what was actually making it easy to do. since I had a SS of the Healing done table with Seal of Insight and Battle healer doing huge amounts of healing.
    Yes, that's what's changed. SoI used to proc off our AOE attacks, so we would get amazing self-healing from trash or Stone Guards. We actually need healers now.

Don't worry, it does not affect most raid bosses and we are no more squishy than other tanks.

Deleted
    On packs of trash/mult targets or in 5 mans, our IWIN self heal was HoTR + Seal of Insight.

With a decent amount of vengeance and 4 mobs or more, you would be seeing ridiculous heals every time you pressed HoTR. I would regularly pull 10 or more mobs if possible, just so I could start self healing for circa 200k a hammer. That is now gone. Tbh if anything the buff to SoI's proc rate has made us 'more' stable on single target fights.

I've seen you've already thought that this might be the problem, but this thread is still going on so repeating the only meaningful change that has happened to us seems worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    On packs of trash/mult targets or in 5 mans, our IWIN self heal was HoTR + Seal of Insight.

With a decent amount of vengeance and 4 mobs or more, you would be seeing ridiculous heals every time you pressed HoTR. I would regularly pull 10 or more mobs if possible, just so I could start self healing for circa 200k a hammer. That is now gone. Tbh if anything the buff to SoI's proc rate has made us 'more' stable on single target fights.

I've seen you've already thought that this might be the problem, but this thread is still going on so repeating the only meaningful change that has happened to us seems worth it.
    Yeah I have noticed that now, It explains why I was used to pulling large packs and just face-rolling them and now they kick my ass haha.

I guess time to rethink my strategy and go about it with a more tank-like approach. Instead of DPS everything with AoE.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I guess time to rethink my strategy and go about it with a more tank-like approach. Instead of DPS everything with AoE.
    What. D:

Link your armory in the Fix my Tanking thread or on the end of the prot paladin guide and someone will go over it, as this really doesn't sound right!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.