View Poll Results: Why Do You Think European Countries Generally Dislike Immigrants?

Voters
292. This poll is closed
  • I don't think they generally dislike immigrants.

76 26.03%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to their crime rates.

59 20.21%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to culture

40 13.70%
  • Public perception of immigrants is due to their lack of assimilation.

89 30.48%
  • Other

28 9.59%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Are you telling me the view upon women in the countries in the ME/NA or west asia region is perfectly healthy?
    Again, are you telling me every person from the Middle East believes all women should wear veils and wear fully body-covering dresses?

I don't think they have great laws over there, quite disgusting frankly, but we're speaking of individuals and not governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Yes, Islam needs be taken to the same level as Christianity in the north. Ie - irrelevance to the majority of us.
    Already well on it's way, 25% of our muslim immigrants say they are practising muslims(according to surveys), so thats already a minority.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    1. Russia is not Europe
    2. Germany is not neo-nazi, infact their are even programs to change the small groups of racists into normal tolerant people.
    3. Greece, I've heared this to, but its 'normal'(not that I approve) for a country in a deep depression to point fingers at an etnic group.

The rest of Europe seems more or less tolerant towards immigrants, infact we need them because of the aging proces.
    Things we are also tolerant for: Atheism, religions (I admit that the Islam might be a bit less tolerated), the government, social programs, enviromental programs, homoseksuals, intellectuals, young people, ...

I find this ironical coming from a Texan, the state that is not really known for its levels of tolerance.

I don't mean to say that its all sunshine and flowers and peace and love and tolerance over here, its just that its not that bad actually

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notreally View Post
    European countries don't 'generally' dislike immigrants. Just because a minority of the population is good at loudly voicing their opinion, doesn't mean that that is how people of those countries think.

Someone who posts on a gaming forum should know this.
    /agree
    10chars

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 01:41 PM ----------

Also, Europe should stop welcoming non-EU immigrants. The Ages of Industrial manpower is long gone, there is no need for immigrant manpower anymore.
    This is where Europe is failing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    homoseksuals,
    Actually..
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21004322

I live in England, my family were immigrants who moved to the UK in the 1960s.

Both from independent research, my own experience and studying politics, I would say it is based upon one of three factors. Racism, delusion and dislike of a minority of immigrants.

At least in the UK the majority of people who dislike immigrants are those who believe that it will ruin our economy and raise crime and look at it like it's a modern phenomenon. When in truth, the economy has been ruined by the governments, those who complain immigrants are taking jobs are usually the ones happy to sit on benefits, and crime has increased in the majority of countries in the world, regardless of if they have regular immigration or not. As for it being a modern phenomenon, the UK especially has been an immigrant melting pot for at least the last 1000 years.

Secondly, there is a lot of people who dislike immigrants because they are frankly racist e.g. BNP and FNP.

Thirdly, immigrants generally improve the economy. While I'll agree that there are some who immigrate, don't assimilate, and expect the government to be very pc with them and fund them and I think this is wrong. The majority are those who come to work hard because of better opportunities and pay, it's the reason my family moved from India to the UK.

An additional point, for any American who complains about immigration, unless they are truly mexican by descendency, or a true native indian, then they themselves are immigrants and so don't have much of a leg to stand on. More so if they are a layabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Immigrants get along with non-immigrants perfectly fine in countries like the United States and Canada, so why not in Europe? That's what I'm wondering.
    I think my idea of "getting along perfectly" is different than yours.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    And we don't need it now? We need a workforce that can pay taxes to keep our economy alive during these times.
    We don't have enough menial jobs for our own population as it is. The last thing we need as a country is an immigrant workforce.
    They cost less money for companies, work longer and happily do jobs we rather not do. They don't add to our economy and it robs native youth from much needed entry jobs. Sure, they pay income tax (a reduced form of it)but that's where it ends. The money they earn is not put into the system, it's sent home and spent in their homelands where it's worth a lot more. Christ you can buy a freekin palace in a third world country for a years payment in Swedish money.

Work immigration can be beneficial at times, now is not one of those times. It would be much better to get out the majority of late 80's and early 90's kids into the work market where they can start contributing to their country.

Deleted
    Again, are you telling me every person from the Middle East believes all women should wear veils and wear fully body-covering dresses?
    http://www.bgf.nu/mangfald/gang.html

From DN -00. It's a sickening and disgusting view.

"- Men det är inte lika fel att våldta en svensk tjej som att våldta en arabisk tjej, säger Hamid. Den svenska tjejen får ju massor av hjälp efteråt, och hon har nog redan knullat. Men arabtjejen får problem med sin familj. För henne är det en stor skam att bli våldtagen. Det är viktigt att hon har kvar oskulden när hon gifter sig."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmf5 View Post
    An additional point, for any American who complains about immigration, unless they are truly mexican by descendency, or a true native indian, then they themselves are immigrants and so don't have much of a leg to stand on. More so if they are a layabout.
    Mexican/Indians came from the same peoples that crossed the Bering Straight 9000(?), years ago. Asian in origin.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    The rest of Europe seems more or less tolerant towards immigrants, infact we need them because of the aging proces.
    Are you talking about some kind of experiments being performed on them to fight aging?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Europe is vast, each country has its own culture, traditions. Most immigrants instead of adapting to those traditions stick to their own from wherever they came from.

They are in wrong place. If they want to stick to their old traditions, they should ether go back to wherever they came from or go to one of countries that are made by immigrants, like USA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    http://www.bgf.nu/mangfald/gang.html

From DN -00. It's a sickening and disgusting view.

"- Men det är inte lika fel att våldta en svensk tjej som att våldta en arabisk tjej, säger Hamid. Den svenska tjejen får ju massor av hjälp efteråt, och hon har nog redan knullat. Men arabtjejen får problem med sin familj. För henne är det en stor skam att bli våldtagen. Det är viktigt att hon har kvar oskulden när hon gifter sig."
    And I'm still not seeing how you come with any evidence that proves that every immigrant has the same view on women.

Deleted
    And I'm still not seeing how you come with any evidence that proves that every immigrant has the same view on women.
    Have you been to rinkeby?

If they do not have a poor view on women, why are they oppressed in their home countries? I mean, for rape to even count as rape over there, there needs to be 4 men who witnessed it and witness in favour of the woman.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-01-14 at 12:51 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    The money they earn is not put into the system, it's sent home and spent in their homelands where it's worth a lot more. Christ you can buy a freekin palace in a third world country for a years payment in Swedish money.
    One of my old business teachers worked for Circuit City in their Fraud department. They had problems with illegals applying and getting Circuit City Credit Cards, they had something like a 50k credit limit if used at Circuit City. The illegals would max the cards, then disappear back into Mexico.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

A lot of cases prove that the ME/NA immigrants refuse to integrate into the European society, only exploit the welfare systems and keep sticking together with other immigrants, there are whole neightbourhoods in Germany/France/England/Netherlands/Belgium/Sweden where you can't hear the local language but instead they use their own languages. By encapsulating themselfes and trying to avoid the local laws, the immigrants practice sharia laws, honor murders etc etc. As far as I see it, Immigrants should try to adapt to the new environment, not the other way round, if they don't like it they are free to go wherever they've came from

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    We don't have enough menial jobs for our own population as it is. The last thing we need as a country is an immigrant workforce.
    They cost less money for companies, work longer and happily do jobs we rather not do. They don't add to our economy and it robs native youth from much needed entry jobs. Sure, they pay income tax (a reduced form of it)but that's where it ends. The money they earn is not put into the system, it's sent home and spent in their homelands where it's worth a lot more. Christ you can buy a freekin palace in a third world country for a years payment in Swedish money.

Work immigration can be beneficial at times, now is not one of those times. It would be much better to get out the majority of late 80's and early 90's kids into the work market where they can start contributing to their country.
    We have jobs for our population. There's a major crisis in the Swedish IT sector, because there aren't enough qualified people. Qualified being the keyword. Yes, immigrants do jobs for less money. They're also fairly few. We get 11000 ME immigrants per year, that's extremely little for a population of 9,5 million people. If they somehow take all our jobs then immigration is the least of our problems.

No, the biggest problem is education. Do you realize how many people in high school go barber, theatre and music classes? Then they end up draining on everybody's money because they can't do anything but cut hair. Now that's a strain on society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    You're funny.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franc_suisse

Switzerland hasn't joined because they're neutral. They're thinking more and more about doing it because they realize that their economy is intimately linked to the EU, and that joining in would give them a voice and let them have influence on the decisions.
    Load of rubbish, it makes absolutely no economic sense what-so-ever for Switzerland to join the EU, no matter how intimately their economy is linked.

Influence is based on population size and wealth of a country, in that order.
    Switzerland's population is tiny if you set it as piece of the EU pie, their voice will be drowned out.

They currently have trade deals with all the worlds largest economies, something that the EU would restrict and control, much like how they're preventing the UK from creating trade deals with canada, mexico and india (all has to go via brussels).

France itself doesn't even have a voice when it comes to EU anymore, Nicholas Teacosy was a loud and arrogant bugger and although he ignored the population of his country when it was referendum time, your new President Flambé is ignored by Merkel and Barroso so not even the 2nd largest European economy in the EU has a "voice".

---

On topic, speaking for myself here, I don't dislike Immigrants, legal or illegal.
    Blame goes entirely to the government.

Lets look at the UK, we've the most generous social benefits system in the world (something I oppose!).

[example]
    Romania, population of 22million, under the Shengen agreement, is able to have peoples move from Romania to the UK, unrestricted. Their average salary is less than half of the amount of money you would receive under the UK's social benefits.

If I were Romanian, I would be a fool not to go to the UK and live a free life where the government pays for me to live, provides a home for me, situates me in the center of a city, gives a chance for my children, pays me for the more children I have etc.

I place no blame on an immigrant taking up such an opportunity, but the government for giving the opportunity willy-nilly in the first place.

The UK has an estimated population of 70-odd million people and it cannot even be calculated within the closest 5 million due to the absolute obscene border policy imposed on us via the EU.

THAT is what leads to racism and the hate for immigrants, as "at the end of the day" the people who have to pay for the immigrants are those that have to work hard, pay for their own home, can't have children until they can afford to, rarely able to afford living in the center of the city, need to pay to commute etc.
    Last edited by mmoc06ca072631; 2013-01-14 at 01:06 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Europe is vast, each country has its own culture, traditions. Most immigrants instead of adapting to those traditions stick to their own from wherever they came from.

They are in wrong place. If they want to stick to their old traditions, they should ether go back to wherever they came from or go to one of countries that are made by immigrants, like USA.
    ?? What? There are 3 major "cultures", and they have become so interwined they are almost one.

Deleted
    No, the biggest problem is education. Do you realize how many people in high school go barber, theatre and music classes? Then they end up draining on everybody's money because they can't do anything but cut hair. Now that's a strain on society.
    Barbers are okay. The artistic folks though.. how would you solve the problem anyway ? Stop subsidizing public art schools ?