Deleted

Games for my girlfriend, need help!

Hey guys!

Im a pretty hardcore gamer, have been for years now, but my girlfriend never touched anything outside of games like sims, grand theft auto etc. Recently, i bought her a cheap xbox 360, and with it a copy of fable 2 and 3. She tried playing fable 2, but found it a bit complicated (mainly the skill system i believe) but she absolutely loved fable 3. Shes currently on her 3rd playthrough, the first she went good, 2nd she went bad, 3rd shes going for completing achivements via keys, gnomes etc.

Shes going to be done with it in a few days, so my question to you guys is, is there any games similar to fable 3, with the RPG element, that isnt too complicated for a new gamer? A friend suggested fallout / skyrim but if she found f2 complicated, she wont touch that with a 10 foot stick. Any help here is greatly appreciated!

hmmm maybe lost odyssey? it isnt that hard i believe. if she likes rpgs she also has tales of vesperia
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Mass Effect 2 and 3? Both good games, simple to get in and have a good story.

Could try the Mass Effect series maybe. Not too complicated, great story, interesting characters, etc.

Skyrim isn't all that complicated IMO. Not compared to prior ES games, at any rate. But then, I guess if she found F2 complicated... I'unno.

Could try some more action-oriented games like Devil May Cry maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Teabaker View Post
    Mass Effect 2 and 3? Both good games, simple to get in and have a good story.
    And Mass Effect 1. I don't know why people always forget to mention the first one, it's different and maybe a bit more complicated than the other two, but it's definitely the best one, imo.

Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Dragon Age, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Assassin's Creed, Nier.
    I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me.

Sonic generations perhaps? Good old platforming and it isn't usually that expensive
    RETH

Play Borderlands 2 with her!

Eternal Sonata is a very good RPG that eases the player into its mechanics. It has a good story and fantastic music with some pretty good characters.

Darksiders is a great action/platform game that plays out like a Legend of Zelda game, just with a more mature story and setting. One of my favorite IPs, with a great story, awesome characters and voice acting, tight controls, and lots of exploration. DS2 adds in more RPG elements, but I would highly recommend starting with the 1st game.

Tomb Raider (Anniversary, Legend, Underworld) is a good series that focuses more on exploration and platforming, and the ones that Crystal Dynamics did are quite fun. Not much in the RPG department, but I recommend new gamers try out a variety of games to see what they like and dislike.

Dark Souls...just kidding.

Assassin's Creed and Skyrim are both about as casual as casual comes, so I'd say those. Those are some games that I gifted to my cousins who I am trying to slowly turn into hardcore gamers. Mostly so I can have some more people to play with. (: It's a good start. Legend of Zelda is also always a good choice.

Ohhh yes Zelda! You have to buy a Wii though. However, Skyward Sword is so beautiful, the music is stunning. It such an emotional and grasping game However, the game itself is is hard.

Also the game isn't really "good". (it's so hard to describe, gosh). The puzzles or levels aren't deep or innovative (they are good nonetheless). The most of the game (for me at least) comes from the world, music and emotions! If you don't value that stuff, don't get it

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5kHf58GMI <3 ).

EDIT: You could try installing an Emulator and let her play Ocarina of Time to see if she enjoys Zelda

Cooking Mama

Yeah, let's stay on topic and not start withe the stereotyping. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-14 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Cooking Mama

Yeah, let's stay on topic and not start withe the stereotyping. Infracted. -Edge
    Wow, infraction for mention a game that has sold millions of copies to women of all ages. Good call.

I would really recommend a DS if you can get her one. The games are usually easier to pick up and play rather than have to plan around behind home and on a shared system.

If she liked fable, Definately get her Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

It's very much a fable-style RPG, not too complicated and very large and engaging. Lots of lore stones / achievements to keep her interested for a 2nd/3rd play through as there's 3 classes to play as.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Wow, infraction for mention a game that has sold millions of copies to women of all ages. Good call.

I would really recommend a DS if you can get her one. The games are usually easier to pick up and play rather than have to plan around behind home and on a shared system.
    Well, probably because it has little to no relation to Fable 3. However, I do like how humor is becoming an infractable offense on these forums.

Dark Souls kinda plays like fable. I like it. Nice and hard.

Guys, if you have any issues or feedback with moderation, please feel free to send a PM to Sunshine. Keep the discussion in this thread on-topic!

You could try any of the harvest moon series. My GF also loved the Fable series and plays Harvest Moon series regularly, maybe too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    If she liked fable, Definately get her Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

It's very much a fable-style RPG, not too complicated and very large and engaging. Lots of lore stones / achievements to keep her interested for a 2nd/3rd play through as there's 3 classes to play as.
    Actually 3 playstyles to mix and match is more like it...Universalist here...R.I.P. 38 Studios those who played Analur shall miss you.

The Sims.

It's a known fact women love controlling other peoples lives.

[trollface]

There was an earlier warning to avoid this kind of off-topic stereotyping. Please pay attention to moderator warnings. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-15 at 02:49 AM.

If OP needs more suggestions, he can use this thread.