Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Tsulong hc easy mode, not even a whole day phase

EDIT: I am told by our Shaman (Onty) that he did indeed get inspiration from Vixsin who made a huge blog post on Tsulong, Ascendance and Ancestal Guidance, so thanks to him ^_^ His blog can be found here: http://lifeingroup5.com/

World of Logs for the kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vd...?s=2914&e=3085

---

Before you flame us for "cheating": We killed this boss in less than one raid night the reset before without this tactic.

I wanted to wait until other guilds on the realm had killed it before making the video public... That happened rather soon after this kill though, so whether or not it was done using this strat or "legit" remains unknown for now (no logs uploaded). I know for a fact the video, while unlisted, was seen by people from at least one rival guild, but that really doesn't matter now.

So how is it done? Our new resto shaman turns out to be a smart fellow. He found out that pets, while not counting as targets for Ascendance healing, still take healing from it. I think that requires a bit better explanation:

Ascendance duplicates healing and splits it between targets within 20 yards of the shaman. If no one is in range of the shaman and he casts a heal, he will simply heal himself for the same amount. If one other player is in range, that healing is divided by 2, but heals both targets. Let's say our Shaman heals Tsulong for 6 million. Ascendance heals another 6 million, which is split evenly between the Shaman and Tsulong, so 3 million each. Now, since pets don't count as targets, but still take the healing, the pets will ALSO take 3 million healing each. Coupled with Ancestal Guidance and Guardian Spirit, you get idiotic healing on Tsulong.

Ancestral Guidance takes 40% of the Shaman's healing done on targets and heals 3 injured targets within 40 yards. As a hunter, I can summon up to 31 pets at the same time (12 per snake trap (readiness = 2 snake traps), 2 dire beasts also with Readiness, my main pet (+1) and Stampede (+4)). Additionally, I specced every pet Tenacity for 40% increased healing, and obviously used Spirit Bond for another 10% (stacking multiplicatively, yielding a total of 54% increased healing). In the kill above, I didn't use Dire Beasts, but I had double Snake Trap and Stampede up.

Anyway, using the example before, and for simplicity's sake, 30 pets without any increased healing taken on them:

Shaman heals Tsulong for 6 million. Tsulong, the Shaman and 30 pets take 3 million healing each. That's 96 million healing. 40% of that (38.4 million) will jump to 3 other targets; Tsulong and 2 raid members. But wait, Tsulong has Guardian Spirit from a holy priest (which also resulted in a higher initial healing, without it the 6 million heal would be less than 4 million), so the actual healing from one 6 million heal with 30 pets up is 38.4m * 1.6 = 61.44m.

The funny part is, our shaman actually messed up a bit and didn't get to heal for as much as he could have. I've personally seen a log from a russian guild whose Resto Shaman also did quite a lot of healing, but that's cause he healed several times in the region of ~15-16 million. That would basically have been ~180m in one heal, had they used this strategy with 30 pets
    Last edited by Caribald; 2013-01-14 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    People will use the bug to get their first kill, might lead to suspension.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha awesome, expect a fix on this rather quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it . How on earth does the shaman heal jump from tsulong to pets and from pets to tsulong ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    I don't get it . How on earth does the shaman heal jump from tsulong to pets and from pets to tsulong ?
    Ascendance heals the pets, Ancestral Guidance takes 40% of that healing and heals 3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    People will use the bug to get their first kill, might lead to suspension.
    It might... Anyway, not sure if it's a bug per say, but definitely unintended. I can see the logic in pets not making Ascendance healing each target less, as you would not want to waste AOE healing on pets. The obvious fix is to not let Ancestral Guidance jump from healing done to pets.
    Last edited by Caribald; 2013-01-14 at 01:38 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Didn't you read the post?

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Ascendance duplicates healing and splits it between targets within 20 yards of the shaman......

Ambershaper V2, hellooo. Explains why so many guilds have started to kill tsulong, though (during christmas, there was double as many shekzeer kills on HC than there was tsulong's, now there's like a 0.8:1 ratio).
    Also, concidering there's logs of 1-day-phase kills that precedes yours by a few days (up to 2 weeks if the one on 29 dec is same tactic, sub 4 mins, could be legit I guess), I'm betting he didn't come up with the tactic on his own, but rather by looking through logs :<. It's some coincidence if kills starts pouring in all of a sudden due to ten different people finding the same flaw in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Ambershaper V2, hellooo. Explains why so many guilds have started to kill tsulong, though (during christmas, there was double as many shekzeer kills on HC than there was tsulong's, now there's like a 0.8:1 ratio).
    Also, concidering there's logs of 1-day-phase kills that precedes yours by a few days (up to 2 weeks if the one on 29 dec is same tactic, sub 4 mins, could be legit I guess), I'm betting he didn't come up with the tactic on his own, but rather by looking through logs :<. It's some coincidence if kills starts pouring in all of a sudden due to ten different people finding the same flaw in the system.
    I think he was inspired by logs, but came up with the pet thing on his own. On 10 man I think you could do it in 1 day phase even without pets, but with pets you can basically heal up 25 man hc in a single Healing Surge. No one did that yet, though
    Last edited by Caribald; 2013-01-14 at 01:49 PM.

I expect they'll hot fix pets to not be targets for ascendance or give healing from ancestral guidance.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I expect they'll hot fix pets to not be targets for ascendance or give healing from ancestral guidance.
    Most likely. Hopefully the latter though - it does make sense to make pets get healing, but without reducing the healing players take.

Too bad this idea was brought up by Vixsin, the shaman from lifeingroup5 Blog. The post was written back on 12/19/12. Just took a couple of weeks for people to catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerz View Post
    Too bad this idea was brought up by Vixsin, the shaman from lifeingroup5 Blog. The post was written back on 12/19/12. Just took a couple of weeks for people to catch on.
    Yeah, but again, not using pets Pets are what makes this COMPLETELY broken.

So basically, we should stack Hunters and Shaman healers? Okay!

10+ Year Old Account
    This was honestly extremely clever. I have to tell my guild about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    So basically, we should stack Hunters and Shaman healers? Okay!
    A single shaman will do, and even on 25 man probably even one hunter is enough. The more hunters you have will make it more funny though. You can also use other pet classes, but no one can get near the amount of pets a hunter can summon. Our moonkin used treants to get an additional 3 pets - otherwise it didn't seem like other pets were used, looking at the log. It was our first try with the strat so a lot went wrong, but it obviously didn't matter.

This have been going on since they opened heroic terrace.

A single shaman will do, and even on 25 man probably even one hunter is enough. The more hunters you have will make it more funny though. You can also use other pet classes, but no one can get near the amount of pets a hunter can summon. Our moonkin used treants to get an additional 3 pets - otherwise it didn't seem like other pets were used, looking at the log. It was our first try with the strat so a lot went wrong, but it obviously didn't matter.
    lol when my group has 3 Resto Shamans and 3 Hunters.

Any chances on Blizzard punishment if we decide to get our first kills this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    This have been going on since they opened heroic terrace.
    Where are the logs then?

Deleted
    will probably get hotfixed rather quickly but still very nice find of the shammy

10+ Year Old Account

So how is it done? Our new resto shaman turns out to be a smart fellow.
    I hope you instantly promoted that shaman and he passed his trial!