Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Their reasoning behind building the death star:
    Why would you create something that has no purpose? That's just as moronic is China building entire cities for nothing.

Deleted

White House rejects Death Star proposal

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/.../12/death-star

The United States government has rejected a petition signed by 34,000 American citizens asking it to begin construction on a Death Star by 2016.

Would Seem that the current administration is not going to build a Death Star
    Time to rise up against them America, Viva la Revolution!

There was a previous thread on this, and the actual response to the proposal was quite entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Tosses hands in the air*

I give up, this country sucks and I'm moving to Fiji. How can we bring the galaxy under our control without a planet-destroying space station? I've lost all hope in America. It's over. Our time of prosperity is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    There was a previous thread on this, and the actual response to the proposal was quite entertaining.
    The stuff about spending so much on a death star that can be destroyed by a single pilot, was great!

I wish someone would rage on them for spoilers. Would be funny...

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 07:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    *Tosses hands in the air*

I give up, this country sucks and I'm moving to Fiji. How can we bring the galaxy under our control without a planet-destroying space station? I've lost all hope in America. It's over. Our time of prosperity is over.
    Oh pease, a single ship took it down. At that price, so not worth it. I do hear Fiji is building a death banana boat...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post

Oh pease, a single ship took it down. At that price, so not worth it. I do hear Fiji is building a death banana boat...
    I know we could have built it better! Now we'll never know for sure because we just gave up.

All I asked Obama for was ONE thing. He can't even give me ONE thing! Maltese Tiger, 2016. Let's get some real leadership back in the White House.

10+ Year Old Account
    only another 987 years til Neo Queen Serentity takes over. Time to find the nearest cryogenic chamber!

If I remember right they used some obscenely high number to estimate the costs. Gigillion or something else ludicrously out of the country's budget.

Clearly we need to alter the plan, and instead make it so we convert the moon into a death star.

geek1: That's no moon!
    geek2: well actually it is the moon. But it's also a space station!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Administration Does Not Support Blowing Up Planets"

Nice to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Nice to know.
    "The American debt and values are something we plan on destroying though"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Nice to know.
    They clearly didn't read the Tarkin Doctrine then, "Rule through the fear of force rather than through force itself.".

Can't believe no one has put this up yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

SOOO can anyone else see Obama walking down the corridor of a death star with this music play?

Wonder if they redesign so it's cost is much more manageable would the us government get behind it then? My inner child demands a death star be created.

Making a death star would cost more than £541 trillions
    Actually it would cost 800 quadrillion just for the steel alone to build a death star. That does not include the 100,000 employee you need to hire, or electricity, transportation, resources, water, or the five star sushi bar on level 13,023

Link to article: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_2236275.html
    Link to petition: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-2016/wlfKzFkN

So, Obama have said he'd consider every petition with atleast 20'000 (but as far as I can see, this1 requires 25k) signatures. While this does not guarantee that it will go trough, it still forces them to take a look on it.

Their reasoning behind building the death star:

I think that this will never pass. Making a death star would cost more than £541 trillions, but then they aren't asking for a replica either, which would be impossible. The question is, might it be considered to build a space station with military purposes beacuse of this? I guess the costs are too big, but we will see if this passes. I still found it quite interesting.

What if the moon is actually a death start? O.O